HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Saturday... vs Atlanta... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=40120)

BLONG7 01-01-2004 08:17 AM

Saturday... vs Atlanta...

Will anyone be looking for some payback vs Savard??? Something stupid, like running him over and causing some serious $hit... or will they just pound him with bodychecks all night???

Bud The Spud* 01-01-2004 08:21 AM

I doubt they'll do any serious damage. But, that's just a guess.

#44_delivers 01-01-2004 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bud The Spud

i hope they somehow avenge and step up for there captain, i just hope they hit em up all night.

RE-HABS 01-01-2004 08:37 AM

If I'm Savard I'm hoping that I'm suspended for this game, someone has to do something to this kid...he has done crap like this one to many times and someone has to put him in his place.

BigM1ke 01-01-2004 09:46 AM

Langdon will hit him FOR SURE if he's on the ice during the same shift as him.

Istvan 01-01-2004 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLONG7
Will anyone be looking for some payback vs Savard??? Something stupid, like running him over and causing some serious $hit... or will they just pound him with bodychecks all night???

I'm guessing that Savard will take a hit every time Habs have the opportunity. I doubt that there will be any overt retaliation. Just a barrage of hits. If the Habs are ahead someone might take a run at him.

Wildcat 01-01-2004 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bud The Spud

I agree. There will probably be a few scrums but nothing to serious.

If I知 Julien, I知 telling them to be disciplined since Atlanta is the second highest scoring team in the league and our penalty killing is horrible. But I知 not Julien so I say run the little twirp, just don稚 put him out for too long, I have him in my pool. :p Just a little word of advice for the players though, keep your fingers away from his mouth, I heard he痴 filing his teeth for this one.

Corey 01-01-2004 12:08 PM

I hope the Habs don't forget about the imp[ortance of the game whiole they go head hunting. Besides, Savard might be suspended for that game.

Guy! 01-02-2004 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcat
I agree. There will probably be a few scrums but nothing to serious.

If I知 Julien, I知 telling them to be disciplined since Atlanta is the second highest scoring team in the league and our penalty killing is horrible.

The overall number is horrible. But ever since that game in Calgary there has been a vast improvement and we've gone from well under the 80% mark to over it, and not just barely. This is another case of the stat not showing the reality of the situation. Sure, we're rated 26th overall, or something like that, but for the last while, we've been infinitely better than that.

Don't just read stats. They don't tell the whole picture. Sometimes, it's not even close.

ACF

chicpea* 01-02-2004 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLONG7

I bet Rivet gives him a nice cross-czech or an elbow or two.

"Rivet" you say? Yes. He always steps up for his friends -even if he's strugglin at the moment.

But really, where is zholtok when you need him?

Blackshad 01-03-2004 08:20 AM

Let's sign Dale Hunter for 1 game
(hehehe)

Corey 01-03-2004 09:01 AM

Savard won't be suspended, so we'll have a chance to see the drama unfold in a few minutes.