HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   sABres say bye to one of the Reinforcementss (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=40175)

SuperNintendoChalmrs 01-01-2004 11:25 AM

sABres say bye to one of the Reinforcementss

According to Fox Sports Pittsburgh.....it was announced during the Penguins-Predators game that the Sabres released Andy Delmore today. Also known as Any Elmore.....also known as another waste of time performed by Darcy Regier.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Good job Darcy.....add another to the loss column.

Tucker 01-01-2004 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperNintendoChalmrs
According to Fox Sports Pittsburgh.....it was announced during the Penguins-Predators game that the Sabres released Andy Delmore today. Also known as Any Elmore.....also known as another waste of time performed by Darcy Regier.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Good job Darcy.....add another to the loss column.

No link anywhere...I've been searching.

eSabre 01-01-2004 01:21 PM

Sabrefans.com is the only one reporting it, so it's probably crap.

If anything, they only waived him.

eSabre 01-01-2004 01:28 PM

Well, it's been posted on many accounts on the Trade Rumor board from out of towners that they said on a telecast that he'd been waived.

Waived does not equal released.

Ruckus007 01-01-2004 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eSabre
Well, it's been posted on many accounts on the Trade Rumor board from out of towners that they said on a telecast that he'd been waived.

Waived does not equal released.

True, but it might be a formality before a trade like Woolley last year. At worst he'd be better in Rochester than David Freaking Cullen. :cry:

Takeo 01-01-2004 01:46 PM

Released or waived?

billsandsabres 01-01-2004 02:04 PM

no mention of it at the fox sports pittsburgh website

ajsonor 01-01-2004 02:37 PM

I've seen zero comfirmation of this in the media. If its truue maybe he can pass down to ROC and actually get used right on the power play and then return truimphantly!

Chainshot 01-01-2004 03:55 PM

Closest thing I've seen to confirmation is that he's no longer on the Sportsnet Sabres lineup page. Considering how relatively minor the move is, it may take a little longer for confirmation... or it may prove false. Right now, it makes enough sense that I'll await confirmation of the move....

MLH 01-01-2004 04:04 PM

ESPN doesn't have him listed as a scratch.

Hockeymad 01-01-2004 04:25 PM

I don't get it- two year among the leaders in PP goals w/ Trotz- then nothing with the Sabres?

Is part of the problem the Sabres PP? Some one with the stats tell me- when was the last time the PP was in the top 5? ever under Ruff?

Takeo 01-01-2004 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeymad
Is part of the problem the Sabres PP?

Yes.

TVanek26* 01-01-2004 04:32 PM

Delmore was actually making the PP work in the beginning of the year.The Sabres were near the top because the opposing PK units were focusing on Delmore that let Satan and co. score on the PP.It was working because Delmore received more attention.But when Delmore wasn't on it and scratched it stopped working.

ajsonor 01-01-2004 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeymad
I don't get it- two year among the leaders in PP goals w/ Trotz- then nothing with the Sabres?

Is part of the problem the Sabres PP?

I've said this several times before, the sabres have used him wrong/different from the way Nashville used him. Marek Zedlicky has similar talents (hard & accurate point shot), and Nashville felt Delmore was expendable because they have a system installed to exploit these talents. When Nashville operates their powerplay, the puck is worked through Kimo Timonen on the point. After a couple passes to setup, Timonen pinches from the point with the puck, the opposition forwards move to the puck and Timonen passes to Delmore/Zedlicky who are now wide open, and have a screen established in front of the net.

buffalowing 01-01-2004 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BartG101

They havn't listed him as a regular scratch or have not had him on the teams roster for awhile now.

BG43 01-01-2004 05:50 PM

*dramatic BS mode/on* Noooooooooooooooo.. not Elmre!!!!!!!! This is a huge loss.. I don't know how we'll ever get over it. He was the heart of soul of this team. He was an offensive machine. He could play defense too. He was a Norris trophy candidate.. he was great in the locker room and really made a name for himself here in Buffalo. I don't know about you guys.. but I think we should all think back at his wonderful career here in Buffalo. . . . . . that one assist sure was nice.. yeah.. *dramatic BS mode/off*

Umm. Yeah.. anyways I wish him the best wherever he goes. I guess he needs another change of scenery. I hope he does okay. He was not that bad of a guy. But.. not what this team needed. Good luck and ta ta.....

eSabre 01-01-2004 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BartG101

After thinking about it, I know why they did it. With Dumont returning, the only way to keep Derek Roy on the roster would be to clear out a space, and Delmore's the casualty. With Campbell's play getting better, there's really no use for Andy at this point.

It's a shame. I still think he'd help out the powerplay, but there's seven defenseman on the roster I'd rather dress than him. Hopefully, no one picks him up and Darcy can at least get a pick or something more than what we got for Woolley.

buffalowing 01-01-2004 11:30 PM

Quote:

After thinking about it, I know why they did it. With Dumont returning, the only way to keep Derek Roy on the roster would be to clear out a space, and Delmore's the casualty. With Campbell's play getting better, there's really no use for Andy at this point.

It's a shame. I still think he'd help out the powerplay, but there's seven defenseman on the roster I'd rather dress than him. Hopefully, no one picks him up and Darcy can at least get a pick or something more than what we got for Woolley.

Seeing were still carrying a couple career 4th liners in Taylor and Boulton I highly doubt the Sabres did it to keep Derek Roy on the Roster. Why not demote Taylor or Boulton? I would be for getting rid of both players. Personally I would call up a Dawe to replace Taylor. :) ;)

Kruschiki 01-02-2004 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
Delmore was actually making the PP work in the beginning of the year.The Sabres were near the top because the opposing PK units were focusing on Delmore that let Satan and co. score on the PP.It was working because Delmore received more attention.But when Delmore wasn't on it and scratched it stopped working.

Oh please. If anything stands out from Delmore on the PP, it was the FACT that the Sabres gave up more shorties than I've seen them do in years. It's no coincidence that this ended when they started scratching him.

Buffaloed 01-02-2004 04:47 AM

I haven't heard it reported on WNSA or WGR this morning. hmmmm

Chainshot 01-02-2004 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffaloed
I haven't heard it reported on WNSA or WGR this morning. hmmmm

Nothing on any of the major media outlets (NHL.com, TSN.ca, Sportsnet.ca, Sabres.com, TBN's morning edition, the D&C, nor even the Toronto Star's hockey site)......

eSabre 01-02-2004 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainshot
Nothing on any of the major media outlets (NHL.com, TSN.ca, Sportsnet.ca, Sabres.com, TBN's morning edition, the D&C, nor even the Toronto Star's hockey site)......

Yeah, I haven't seen it on a single site that's reputable.

Unless it hasn't officially happened yet, I don't know why we'd be seeing this all over the boards.

eSabre 01-02-2004 05:56 AM

IT'S A HOAX!

Sabrefans.com has removed it from it's site. I knew it wasn't a reliable source.

I hate that site so much... it's crap.

SabresRule 01-02-2004 06:14 AM

not true. he should be. and it merely didnt turn out right. that is all. how were we to know it wouldnt.

XTRA SKATER 01-02-2004 06:23 AM

Quote:

IT'S A HOAX!

Sabrefans.com has removed it from it's site. I knew it wasn't a reliable source.

I hate that site so much... it's crap.

The original (and only) source were the announcers of the Penguins-Predators game on Thursday. Early in the first period, they mentioned that he had been waived, and than went on to discuss how his value had fallen.

One would certainly think that they had their facts together and had a reputable source.