HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Roenick in Nashville? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=401920)

jstreet 07-16-2007 04:24 PM

Roenick in Nashville?

He Who Must Not Be Named has Roenick rumoured to a couple of teams (Chicago, Nashville, Ottawa). LINK

I dont take what he says as Gospel, but I dont hate on him as is the typical HF practice.

Thinking in purely hypothetical terms, what would you think of having Roenick in a Preds uni?

Personally, I think it would be wildly entertaining to sign him to the league minimum and throw him on the third line. I dont think it would do us much good, but it would be interesting none the less.

Thoughts and opinions?

PredsMan 07-16-2007 04:27 PM

I'd do it.

If for nothing more than his persona. It would sell tickets.

The league needs more guys with his type of personality.

barrytrotzsneck 07-16-2007 04:30 PM

I thought he officially retired?

And..I'll pass.

He's done absolutely jack outside of getting injured on non-playoff teams for five years now.

jstreet 07-16-2007 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsMan (Post 9937821)
I'd do it.

If for nothing more than his persona. It would sell tickets.

The league needs more guys with his type of personality.

that's what Im thinking, I dont know that it would help us on the ice, but it would sure give us plenty to talk about.

jstreet 07-16-2007 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids (Post 9937856)
I thought he officially retired?

probably, but if there is an ounce of attention out there somewhere to be had, he will track it down.

Jarnberg 07-16-2007 10:39 PM

No thanks.

What role would he fill on our team?

Joe T Choker 07-16-2007 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 9940936)
No thanks.

he could replace Terry Crisp in the TV booth ;) :biglaugh:

Pattypred 07-17-2007 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 9940936)

Mouthpiece

:biglaugh:

RaiderDoug 07-17-2007 08:34 AM

Im 50/50 on Roenick.

I think he'd be better for what he can do off the ice than on it.

Good:

He's still a big name to casual fans. Hes got a big mouth, and we can likely use it to promote the club. His chase of 500 goals would give us alot of publicity in the hockey world as it drew near.

Bad:

He may not have any game left at all.

jstreet 07-17-2007 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderDoug (Post 9943147)
Im 50/50 on Roenick.

I think he'd be better for what he can do off the ice than on it.

Good:

He's still a big name to casual fans. Hes got a big mouth, and we can likely use it to promote the club. His chase of 500 goals would give us alot of publicity in the hockey world as it drew near.Bad:

He may not have any game left at all.

how many away is he?

PredsMan 07-17-2007 09:01 AM

BigFatCat999 07-17-2007 09:15 AM

What prevents him from scoring the 5 and pulling a John Kruk and walking away after that?

jstreet 07-17-2007 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 (Post 9943456)
What prevents him from scoring the 5 and pulling a John Kruk and walking away after that?

that'd be fine with me, we'd only use him for the publicity and hype anyway.

Jarnberg 07-17-2007 09:45 AM

Pff, you all know that Roenick wouldn't come here to hit 500, we wouldn't honor him with a parade and game ending celebration :sarcasm:

handtrick 07-17-2007 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 9943712)
Pff, you all know that Roenick wouldn't come here to hit 500, we wouldn't honor him with a parade and game ending celebration :sarcasm:

He needs to go back to Chicago and sign for the minimum if he plays anywhere at all next year.

Fantom 07-18-2007 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handtrick (Post 9944447)
He needs to go back to Chicago and sign for the minimum if he plays anywhere at all next year.

Jr Retired

Seth Lake 07-18-2007 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantom (Post 9956795)
Jr Retired

Not yet...but for what it's worth...I hope he does.

jstreet 07-25-2007 03:58 PM

In addition to Roenick, Eklund now has us tied with:

1. Peter Forsberg (Nashville, Vancouver, Detroit, Philadelphia)
21. Jan Bulis (Columbus, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Wash)
32. Mike Johnson (Nashville,Phoenix, NYI, NJ)

LINK

Seth Lake 07-25-2007 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnlikestars (Post 10017362)
In addition to Roenick, Eklund now has us tied with:

1. Peter Forsberg (Nashville, Vancouver, Detroit, Philadelphia)

Please, please...let it happen. It would be a great thing for Peter to return to Nashville to mentor Radulov and our other young forwards, while also being a great marketing face for our franchise.
Quote:

21. Jan Bulis (Columbus, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Wash)
No, thank you. Bulis is not the player I want to see fill in our final spot on the third line. I could live with it if he did indeed come to Nashville, but I just don't think he would rebound his career back to the 20 goal, 40+ point seasons that he has shown he is capable of while playing on our third line.
Quote:

32. Mike Johnson (Nashville,Phoenix, NYI, NJ)
Johnson is the player at the top of my wish list right now (outside of Forsberg). Good frame (6'2", 202 lbs), good speed, solid defender, and a former 20 goal scorer. I don't think he will approach 20 goals again, but could easily fit our defensive system and combine with Bonk at center to score 30-40 points from the third line position.

Quote:

LINK

Jarnberg 07-25-2007 06:27 PM

If I see another Roenick to Nashville link I'm going to throw up. He would serve absolutely no purpose here.

As for the Forsberg rumor, I hardly see us shelling out the money. Not to mention, it would mean Legwand is traded. I know everyone quickly points out that Bonk would be moved down to the 4th line, but I doubt it. Not to mention that would mean we get rid of one of Fiddler, Nichol, Smithson, Hordichuk, Tootoo, which isn't happening anytime soon. Those guys are cheap and Trotz loves them.

That being said I'd love to see Forsberg back in a Predators uniform.

deadwing57 07-25-2007 08:30 PM

We're still 2 mil under the cap floor, but the reasoning here is what I don't understand. To sign Forsberg means we trade Legwand? Where did that one come from. Do you think Poile is an idiot or what? Why would you trade someone who is young and coming into his own, in order to sign someone that's in their last year or two in the league. I think theres a good chance of Forsberg coming back this year, but zilch on trading Legwand.

braindead 07-25-2007 09:27 PM

I agree re trading Legwand but I think it was more of a commentary on the difficulty in figuring how you would fit Forsberg here. Last year, it was easy to see him slotted on the "3rd" line with Hartnell and Rads to create a lethal scoring line. Our top centers were Legwand and Arnott...everyone else was fungible.

This year, signing Bonk gives you a decent 3rd center albeit with no real great scoring punch at winger for that line so it looks like either a shutdown line or there is a need to get a winger.

If Forsberg comes along, it eliminates the option of a 3rd line shutdown unless Legwand moves to it (Forsberg and Arnott will not be playing shutdown 3rd line center), which would be a waste, and it likely throws Bonk to the 4th line, which also is a waste. I'm not sure if Bonk can play wing but that may be an option. At the same time, your need to add a winger goes up even more.

I will love it if Forsberg is back but it will create some lineup issues that don't seem to be easily solved.

Jarnberg 07-25-2007 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadwing57 (Post 10019671)
To sign Forsberg means we trade Legwand? Where did that one come from. Do you think Poile is an idiot or what? Why would you trade someone who is young and coming into his own, in order to sign someone that's in their last year or two in the league. I think theres a good chance of Forsberg coming back this year, but zilch on trading Legwand.

I agree exactly with what braindead said above. I'm not advocating trading Legwand, I'm merely pointing out with our lines next year, we're probably not going to be able to do that.

Legwand has alot more trade value then Fiddler, Nichol, Smithson, etc. Plus he's a UFA after this season (yes it hurts his value some, but still way higher then the 3 mentioned above) and we have no guarantee Legwand is going to come back here.

Bonk wasn't brought here to play on the 4th line.

I'd love to have Forsberg back; he was awesome to watch and his play with Radulov made him worth the trade. However, bringing him back will force a trade in the center of the ice. And Legwand would likely be traded for our part needed on the third line, since its doubtful we sign anyone at this point.

triggrman 07-26-2007 07:10 AM

You act like Bonk is making a killing, heck he's not making that much more than Fiddler or Nichol, and according to Pederson was brought in to play the 3rd or 4th line.

Jarnberg 07-26-2007 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman (Post 10022460)
You act like Bonk is making a killing, heck he's not making that much more than Fiddler or Nichol, and according to Pederson was brought in to play the 3rd or 4th line.

Only about 700,000 more. The point is, we'd have too many centers. I'm not convinced some other team would actually have Fiddler, Nichol or Smithson on their team.