HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Ducks Fans!!!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=404321)

treybrown 07-24-2007 03:20 PM

Ducks Fans!!!!
 
Hello everybody,

This is my first post and I must say it's been a long time coming. I've been reading a lot of what Ducks fans write and I must say that I'm stocked! Most people that write about the Ducks feel as it was a stock that the Ducks won the cup. They make sound like Teemu and Scotty are the answers. There great players and Scotty is the best player in the league ( I think so)... But if they got bye bye then it's not the end of the world.

Look, would Bruke really sign Big Ben if he wasn't at 100% No way! He's one of the best GM's in the league and he knows what he doing. People are giving Big Ben no credit and bugs me. He's a great player and still has some years left in the tank. When the Ducks signed Teemu did you people really think he was going to have two back to back 40 + goals. The answer to that is no!!!

I really hope that I don't make anybody mad! Just remember that the Ducks still have some great players and those players will have there break out seasons next year.

Duck Off 07-24-2007 03:33 PM

Welcome to the boards. I'll let DFC give the rest of the welcome party.

kenabnrmal 07-24-2007 04:07 PM

I'm skeptical Rothlisberger has 40 goals in him...

Spankatola Jamnuts* 07-24-2007 04:17 PM

Retard eruptions. Every summer. I hate summer.

iLau 07-24-2007 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Bright Side (Post 10007804)
Retard eruptions. Every summer. I hate summer.

Your posts make my day.

chaosrevolver 07-24-2007 04:39 PM

We have Roethlisberger?:sarcasm:

In all serious why is Bertuzzi called Big Ben? Isnt his name Todd.

snarktacular 07-24-2007 04:40 PM

I'm less concerned about Wallace's decline in goals as his decline in rebounds and blocks. Although I guess a 60 million man should score more.

Ducksforcup 07-24-2007 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 (Post 10007218)
Welcome to the boards. I'll let DFC give the rest of the welcome party.

Alright! Reporting for duty! :teach:

WELCOME to HFBOARDS treybrown!!! :) :yo: :yo: I hope you have fun here!!! :) :handclap:

BraveSirRobin 07-24-2007 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksforcup (Post 10008247)
Alright! Reporting for duty! :teach:

WELCOME to HFBOARDS treybrown!!! :) :yo: :yo: I hope you have fun here!!! :) :handclap:

C'mon DFC, where are the dancing walruses?

:walrus::walrus::walrus:

Ducksforcup 07-24-2007 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DontGoInThere (Post 10008384)
C'mon DFC, where are the dancing walruses?

:walrus::walrus::walrus:

OH YAH!!!!!!!

:banana::hockey::vhappy::towel: :devdance: :pickle: :devdance: :walrus: :pcheer:

treybrown 07-24-2007 06:17 PM

hahaha I like how no one wrote a comment about what I wrote about. It really doesn't pay to be a rookie does it? So does anybody know anything about scotty, teemu?

Ducksforcup 07-24-2007 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treybrown (Post 10008880)
hahaha I like how no one wrote a comment about what I wrote about. It really doesn't pay to be a rookie does it? So does anybody know anything about scotty, teemu?

Being a rookie is a good thing! :) No one knows you and you can start fresh and be whoever you want to be. :) We all had to start sometime.

In regards to your question, there was a rumor yesterday actually that said that Teemu had signed with us, but that died down.

S. Nieds has said that he won't tell the Ducks till training camp what his decision will be... :(

Pwnasaurus 07-24-2007 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DontGoInThere (Post 10008384)
C'mon DFC, where are the dancing walruses?

:walrus::walrus::walrus:

Eva Green avatar? Vive Le Good Taste!

MOENing 07-25-2007 12:35 PM

whose big ben?

treybrown 07-25-2007 12:54 PM

Bertuzzi

You never heard people call him that? I've heard that some many times!

kenabnrmal 07-25-2007 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treybrown (Post 10015171)
Bertuzzi

You never heard people call him that? I've heard that some many times!

Big Bert...

treybrown 07-25-2007 01:09 PM

I have no clue why people call him big Ben but I do know that I'm glad to see him in a Ducks Jersey. Opening day is going to be so great when he scores the Ducks first goal of the 2007-2008 season. And against the KINGS too!!!

Jerky Leclerc 07-25-2007 02:03 PM

treybrown, welcome on board.

:welcome:

Hockey Duckie 07-25-2007 02:19 PM

Ahahahhahahah Welcome, treybrown, to our lil' community. As for the rookie treatment... well... you gotta expect it. So if you feel like you're getting picked on by us, then it's because we care. Some times we could care-less too. LoL Aside from that, until about sept... it'll be all quiet on the western front.

Vinegar Strokes 07-25-2007 02:38 PM

Big BERT is a bum, I will be very surprised if he plays more than 40 games this season. Back injuries are very chronic and debilitating, you never know if they will be back in a week or a year.

BraveSirRobin 07-25-2007 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pwnasaurus (Post 10008966)
Eva Green avatar? Vive Le Good Taste!

Glad you noticed, you're the first person to mention it too. :)

And I've never heard him called Big Ben, I've only heard Big Bert. Either way, I hope he does at least as half as well as he did in Vancouver. I'll reserve judgement on him until I see him play.

Bjindaho 07-25-2007 03:05 PM

Todd has NEVER been called Big Ben. He's been Big Bert and Big Bird.

There are two versions of Bertuzzi. There is the one that plays hard and with an edge. This is one of the most dynamic players in the NHL. He is a threat to score on every shift, and makes opponents cringe every time he comes on the ice.

Unfortunately, there has always been another side to him. A perimeter player who shoots (although he has a decent shot), instead of driving the net, and passes far too much.

The more the former comes out, the happier we'll all be. The more the latter comes out, the redder Randy Carlyle and Brian Burke will get.

treybrown 07-25-2007 03:20 PM

Well I don't think Bruke would have signed him if he wasn't 100%.
He's going to play great with the Ducks, and last year he wanted to come to the Ducks at the trade deadline, not to the wings. So I really don't think he was playing to hard for them. Todd is going to be a monster next year and will make up for the loss of teemu. Cause I really don't think he's going to be back next year! On hockeybuzz.com it said that the Ducks and Teemu haven't been talking and there was no sign of him coming back to the Ducks next year. Which I think means that he's going to call it quits OR go somewhere else and play. Let's just hope for Scotty to come back because he's the real game breaker!

kenabnrmal 07-25-2007 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treybrown (Post 10016866)
Well I don't think Bruke would have signed him if he wasn't 100%.
He's going to play great with the Ducks, and last year he wanted to come to the Ducks at the trade deadline, not to the wings. So I really don't think he was playing to hard for them. Todd is going to be a monster next year and will make up for the loss of teemu. Cause I really don't think he's going to be back next year! On hockeybuzz.com it said that the Ducks and Teemu haven't been talking and there was no sign of him coming back to the Ducks next year. Which I think means that he's going to call it quits OR go somewhere else and play. Let's just hope for Scotty to come back because he's the real game breaker!

Well, hockeybuzz.com is gospel, so you're right, Selanne's probably done for. Or he'll be suiting up for the Blue Jackets.

Bjindaho 07-25-2007 03:30 PM

There were always two Big Berts even when he was healthy.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.