HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Audette and the habs: TERMINATED (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=40452)

The n00b King ©* 01-02-2004 01:39 PM

Audette and the habs: TERMINATED
 
well guys, it's officially over for Claudette and the Habs. Gainey has started the cleaning up process. It's kind of sucky when u think about it, ur being paid 3$million a year, and ur free, yet nobody wants u. guess it's a long hard look in the mirror for Audette now. Who will be next?

edit: source on rds.ca

NHLcrazy 01-02-2004 01:42 PM

We're going to miss his scoring touch..... :o

penopekoo 01-02-2004 01:43 PM

Yep, straight from RDS:

C'est donc dire que le Canadien versera au 82 la somme de 1.4 million cette saison. La saison prochaine, s'il y a une saison, le Canadien lui versera le 2/3 de son salaire.

They'll pay him 1.4 million this year, and 2/3 of his salary next season (if there is a next season)...

Richsun99 01-02-2004 02:14 PM

Or u can check the link www.tsn.ca its official . I can remember the first couple of games when he came to the habs after the trade he was flying untill the wrist injury . ANd when came back for the playoffs two years ago he played well then also . I was never a Audette hater he had a good career and what ever he does now good luck to him . I just hope some other team signs himand give him another chance maybe one more , especially if he can surround him with bigger players he could be effective watch out ! oh yah just to add another thing Drafted by the Buffalo Sabres in the 9th round (183rd overall) in 1989
NOt bad at all for a 9th rounder ! 9th rounder are usually long shots !

G Man 77 01-02-2004 02:36 PM

He was doing great when we acquired him.. then his wrist was slit.

So the guy can't score with only one good arm, a lot of players in the league can't score with two. Yes it's a good day for the Habs to see him leave for good... but let's not forget that he hasn't been a bust or a bad acquisition, he's simply damaged good now after that ugly unfortunate injury.

No point kicking a guy when he's down, we have plenty of health under-achievers left to pick on. ;)

As for him thinking his career isn't over, I think he's dreaming if he thinks any team is going to be interested.

So that's 3 buyouts, and we're not halfway through the season... what's the record?

Joe Malone 01-02-2004 02:48 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if some team gave him a try. What would they have to lose? Czerkawski couldn't score here either, but regained his touch. Depends on whether Audette couldn't stick with the Habs due to his injury, or his inability to fit into Julien's system.

chicpea* 01-02-2004 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richsun99
Or u can check the link www.tsn.ca its official . I can remember the first couple of games when he came to the habs after the trade he was flying untill the wrist injury . ANd when came back for the playoffs two years ago he played well then also . I was never a Audette hater he had a good career and what ever he does now good luck to him...

I agree- it's too bad it didn't work out. Well, I hear Czerkawski and Asham are looking for a linemate...

Joe Malone 01-02-2004 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicpea
Well, I hear Czerkawski and Asham are looking for a linemate...

Maybe the Isles will give him a call. They just lost right-winger Mark Parrish for 6 - 8 weeks.

Istvan 01-02-2004 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaolin_goon
well guys, it's officially over for Claudette and the Habs. Gainey has started the cleaning up process. It's kind of sucky when u think about it, ur being paid 3$million a year, and ur free, yet nobody wants u. guess it's a long hard look in the mirror for Audette now. Who will be next?

edit: source on rds.ca

I doubt there will be any more buy-outs. The roster will more likely be trimmed by way of retirements and non-renewal of expiring contracts.
I wish Audette well but i'll reserve sympathy for a more worthy cause than a wealthy, unemployed hockey player.

BLONG7 01-02-2004 03:51 PM

Great News... Claudette was just taking ice time away from the young guys. BG definitely has a plan, and is executing it, one move at a time! :handclap:

The Power Forward 01-02-2004 05:15 PM

Good riddance :handclap:

Habs 01-02-2004 05:31 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/images/stories/200...ette_82790.jpg





http://spel.torget.se/home/spel/bild...terminator.jpg

Preds 01-02-2004 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLONG7
Great News... Claudette was just taking ice time away from the young guys. BG definitely has a plan, and is executing it, one move at a time! :handclap:

à



Claudette... :joker: :lol: :lol:

Team_Spirit 01-02-2004 07:13 PM

adieu donald , tu peux prendre un nanane en sortant :)

Uber Coca 01-02-2004 07:57 PM

:lol:

L'abstrait 01-02-2004 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
adieu donald , tu peux prendre un nanane en sortant :)

Ouin, y peu surtout s'en acheter plein des nananes avec le cash qui va recevoir. Je suis quand même content qu'il ne soit plus des nôtres....

Tony Danza 01-03-2004 03:26 AM

Man this calls for a beer!! Thank you Bob Gainey. I have been waiting for this since we got him....Why oh why do they have to keep showing that same picture of him. That stupid look of a little weasel just makes me wanna scream at him.

BLONG7 01-03-2004 05:51 AM

Where will Claudette end up??? Atlanta?Columbus??? Maybe he will take Hayley Wickenheiser's place in a European League???


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.