HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   The Best Of The Best!!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=404923)

treybrown 07-26-2007 12:37 PM

The Best Of The Best!!!

I would love to hear about your favoite Ducks Moment.

Come on we can have fun with this!!!

MOENing 07-26-2007 12:39 PM

winning the cup

bleuer 07-26-2007 12:47 PM

got a media pass and was able to get in the dressing room after the games and chat with the players...talking to teemu, scotty and giguere was amazing for me (as somebody who had never seen them "live" before)

Tfighter 07-26-2007 02:47 PM

the Cup was nice, but it was kind of expected the way Ducks/Senators series was headed. The best was when Scotty Neids scored the GTG agaist the Wings (in the WCF) in the closing seconds of game 6(?) this year. I thought if the Ducks lost that game, the Wings will win the championship.

ktulu98 07-26-2007 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleuer (Post 10025292)
got a media and was able to get in the dressing room after the games and chat with the players...talking to teemu, scotty and giguere was amazing for me (as somebody who had never seen them "live" before)

nice

Ducksforcup 07-26-2007 03:36 PM

Nothing comes close to the absolute joy I felt when the Ducks won the Cup. :)

ktulu98 07-26-2007 03:58 PM

- Nothing comes close to the absolute joy when I saw teemu lift the cup
I was crying, and I haven't for some 12 years

Nothing comes close to the absolute joy when ducks have won SC

Modo 07-26-2007 04:18 PM

Not a Ducks fan (division is OURS next year! muahahahahaha ;)), but I'll chip in with my $0.02.

I'll never get tired of watching Kariya come back from the Stevens hit to score on a laser of a shot past Brodeur back in '03. Just unbelievable.

Ducks__Halos 07-26-2007 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modo (Post 10028754)

I'll never get tired of watching Kariya come back from the Stevens hit to score on a laser of a shot past Brodeur back in '03. Just unbelievable.

That was a surreal feeling watching him score that goal (little did Ducks fans know, many of us would come to hate him). It was like it had been scripted in a movie. It was fun being the underdog that year and that run almost felt more special than actually winning it all like last season because the '03 Ducks were never supposed to make it out of the first round, let alone go to game 7 of the SCFs. That, and Giggy's insane play was incredible to watch. Like Rufus Robo said, last season's team was expected to be able to go that far so it wasn't as unreal like in '03.

That said, my favorite moment was still watching last season's team (esp. Teemu) hoisting the Cup at last, seeing them break NHL records for their unbeaten in reg. streak and sales, watching them being the toughest team and lead the league in fights, going crazy at the playoff games, etc. I loved just about everything about that team.

Talentless Practise* 07-27-2007 06:49 AM

Anaheim - Calgary brawl. Kevin Sawyer overdrove Calgary's goalkeeper(who?) and then it was THE RIOT TIME. :fight:

bleuer 07-27-2007 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modo (Post 10028754)
Not a Ducks fan (division is OURS next year! muahahahahaha ;)), but I'll chip in with my $0.02.

Funny thing...he scored almost from the same point vs. Phoenix in game 7 in 1997, a laser shot over Khabibulin...that's one goal I will always remember as well.

Jerky Leclerc 07-27-2007 09:46 AM

When Rucchin scored the series winner against Detroit in 03. I will remember that celebration for a long time.

snarktacular 07-27-2007 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleuer (Post 10034685)
Funny thing...he scored almost from the same point vs. Phoenix in game 7 in 1997, a laser shot over Khabibulin...that's one goal I will always remember as well.

The goal was game 6 in OT, but yeah that is my #1 all-time favorite goal. We looked like we were done being down in the series 3-2, blowing a lead in the third. But then Kariya comes streaking in and scores with a blistering shot. Turning point that lead us to your first playoff series win.

Favorite moment is seeing Teemu lift the cup.

treybrown 07-27-2007 12:56 PM

Do you guy remember that game in versus the Avs a couple of years ago.
The Ducks were down 5 to 1 at point, then all sudden the Ducks came alive and then won it in OT with a pently shot. I lost my voice that game.