HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   The Human Highlight Reel... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=40506)

X8oD 01-02-2004 05:39 PM

The Human Highlight Reel...

no no, not a great player. Not a big rugged D-man.. Not even a brilliant Puck Stopper.

no no, this is a guy who MAKES YOU a highlight real.

I think every team in the NHL has a player who's had a bedroom Wall poster Material Hit on Boyd Devereaux.

He got LEVELED again tonight against Carolina. Hes been LEVELED 3 or 4 games straight now. And has probably been LEVELED 20 times this year. This guy cant carry the puck with out looking at it, so he skates across center ice or into zones with his head down.

probably the only guy in the NHL who could make Maxim Kuznetsov look like a menace patrolling his Blue Line.

GoM 01-02-2004 05:44 PM

:joker:

dats-13 01-02-2004 05:48 PM

Devereaux is awful....i would rather see a mongaloid in skates out there in his spot

Masao 01-02-2004 05:51 PM

Reminds me of Craig Simpson...

Ironchef Chris Wok* 01-02-2004 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masao
Reminds me of Craig Simpson...

This is a man that scored 50 goals once!

Oh btw, he's a horrible colorman. BRING BACK DON TAYLOR!

blah 01-02-2004 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarface
and WTF is a mongaloid? :dunno: :confused:

I think they're people who pray to god instead of seeking medical attention? There's a couple of them where I grew up in Philly.

Super Reverse Homer 01-02-2004 08:08 PM

Quote:

Umm...Craig is an assistant Coach with the edmonton oilers...when was the last time u watched hockey man? get off Robson i know the hookers are weird, scary, yet "interesting" to look at but run the other way... ;)

Craig Simpson

Between doing that and doing the practices...i doubt he has the time to fly around and do colour comentary for games...what about you?

I might be totally wrong, but I think Ironchef was referring to the EA NHL games, where Craig Simpson has replaced Don Taylor as the color commentator on the post-2002 editions of the game

SopelFan* 01-02-2004 08:09 PM

Quote:

Umm...Craig is an assistant Coach with the edmonton oilers...when was the last time u watched hockey man? get off Robson i know the hookers are weird, scary, yet "interesting" to look at but run the other way... ;)

Craig Simpson

Between doing that and doing the practices...i doubt he has the time to fly around and do colour comentary for games...what about you?

He meant in EA Sports NHL games...

oilers_guy_eddie 01-02-2004 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dats-13
Devereaux is awful....i would rather see a mongaloid in skates out there in his spot

Mongoloid? No. But Devereaux was left borderline stupid by the Dallas Drake hit that almost ended his career, and shouldn't have returned to hockey. I believe he went to nearly a dozen neurologists before he finally found one who'd declare him medically sound to play in the NHL.

SopelFan* 01-02-2004 08:53 PM

Quote:

Oh. Don was freakin annoying, he said the same stuff every time but each series it sounded like he tightened the vice grip on his balls.

The addition of Craig was to make it sound more professional and real...personally i'd love to have Shorthouse and Lange (pens broadcaster) together in a game...sweetness.

Taylor rules.

Epsilon 01-02-2004 09:06 PM

Devereaux is just proving that Hull and Datsyuk carried his worthless ass the one year he was anything resembling productive for the Wings.

SopelFan* 01-02-2004 09:12 PM

Quote:

Taylor sucks, he was refreshing when he was the only one to be that much of a clown, but now his clown act is just annoying. It's a been there done that type of routine and its tired and trying.

Stupid noises like "gnaaaayayaya" is not funny, unless your 2yrs old.

Taylor rules.

zetterberg40 01-02-2004 09:22 PM

devereaux has gotta be the worst player ive seen for the wings in years... he just CANT SKATE for ****...

side note: he's a RFA this year (devereaux).... HOLLAND, YOU BETTER NOT RESIGN HIM... (how come i got a feeling that if dev's is resigned, its gonna be for 2 mill a year since he loves overpaying everyone?)

kira 01-02-2004 09:36 PM

Are you implying in a roundabout way that you think Pasha is overpaid? If you are, you better not let me find you... ;)

X8oD 01-02-2004 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zetterberg40
devereaux has gotta be the worst player ive seen for the wings in years... he just CANT SKATE for ****...

side note: he's a RFA this year (devereaux).... HOLLAND, YOU BETTER NOT RESIGN HIM... (how come i got a feeling that if dev's is resigned, its gonna be for 2 mill a year since he loves overpaying everyone?)

doesnt he have to recieve a Qualifying Offer to be a RFA? Cause i can guarentee the wings wont qualify him at 1.6 and change.

Masao 01-03-2004 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super_Joe
That's a disgrace to Simpson. ;)

I mean, in the way they seem to get leveled at every opportunity... I remember Simpson being roughed up quite a bit back in the day, but he'd always come back... to take more punishment.

dats-13 01-03-2004 03:58 AM

i thought Mongoloids were inbred mountain folk with huge feet on a small body with very large heads and when they run they run with this awkward gimp.....

Vincent Vega 01-03-2004 04:12 AM

Boyd Deveraux is useless. I will be so angry if he is still playing ahead of Mowers or Williams when everyone gets healthy again. Ken Holland, be smart, DONT RESIGN HIM! I hope you like playing hockey in Europe Boyd!

blah 01-03-2004 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dats-13
i thought Mongoloids were inbred mountain folk with huge feet on a small body with very large heads and when they run they run with this awkward gimp.....

You might be thinking of the Amish.

Ironchef Chris Wok* 01-03-2004 05:38 AM

Quote:

Taylor sucks, he was refreshing when he was the only one to be that much of a clown, but now his clown act is just annoying. It's a been there done that type of routine and its tired and trying.

Stupid noises like "gnaaaayayaya" is not funny, unless your 2yrs old.

Simpson is just boring. Plain boring.

dats-13 01-03-2004 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blah
You might be thinking of the Amish.

no, they just believe in doing everything traditionally...with no new technologies...yet you always see a car in their driveways or one on a tractor....i dont get it

Blackshad 01-03-2004 08:30 AM

Dackell gets big hit games after games.
I dont know why.

Ricci's hairdresser 01-03-2004 09:39 AM

May I suggest that you do not use a word that you don't even know the definition of (let alone how to spell).

From Dictionary.com:

Mongoloid
1. Anthropology. Of or being a major human racial classification traditionally distinguished by physical characteristics such as yellowish-brown skin pigmentation, straight black hair, dark eyes with pronounced epicanthic folds, and prominent cheekbones and including peoples indigenous to central and eastern Asia. Not in scientific use.

2. Characteristic of or resembling a Mongol.

3. Offensive. Of or relating to Down syndrome.

LaVal 01-03-2004 09:57 AM

Quote:

Oh. Don was freakin annoying, he said the same stuff every time but each series it sounded like he tightened the vice grip on his balls.

are you kidding me? Don "The Animal" Taylor is awsome.

dats-13 01-03-2004 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricci's hairdresser
May I suggest that you do not use a word that you don't even know the definition of (let alone how to spell).

From Dictionary.com:

Mongoloid
1. Anthropology. Of or being a major human racial classification traditionally distinguished by physical characteristics such as yellowish-brown skin pigmentation, straight black hair, dark eyes with pronounced epicanthic folds, and prominent cheekbones and including peoples indigenous to central and eastern Asia. Not in scientific use.

2. Characteristic of or resembling a Mongol.

3. Offensive. Of or relating to Down syndrome.

my bad Webster...