HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Hurricanes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   coming to raleigh (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=405064)

Bucky Ducky 07-26-2007 06:14 PM

coming to raleigh

Once again I will be flying from Milwaukee to Raleigh and staying for a week. What are some good places to eat as I couldn't find my post from last year. My favorite that I have been to was Carolina Ale House. Any others?

Gotta Catch Em Staal 07-26-2007 06:36 PM

Just decided to list some of the places I like to eat at that I could think of off the top of my head. If you want a specific kind of food just ask.

Village Draft House (Cameron Village)
Village Deli (Cameron Village)
Farmer's Market Restaurant (go here for breakfast or lunch and get the breakfast sampler platter)
Bear Rock Cafe (various locations; it's a chain on the East Coast)
Remington Grill (various locations around Raleigh)
Sushi Thai (on Lake Boone Trail)
Fiesta Mexicana (off Jones Franklin Road)
42nd Street Oyster Bar (off West St downtown)

DaveG 07-26-2007 06:46 PM

La Rancharita (small chain in Apex and Cary)
Rudinos
Buffalo Brothers

dmonk 07-26-2007 08:18 PM

Macaroni Gril and Biaggie's are two very good italian restaurants.

ANTON HIS HOLINESS 07-26-2007 08:30 PM

When I lived in NC, I remember that one of my favorite places was Carraba's. It's a really good Italian restaurant. If you're anywhere near Wake Forest, you should try to go to Front Row Sport's Bar

Anton Bubdobin 07-27-2007 12:58 PM

I second the vote for the Village Deli

Also:
Hotpoint Cafe (Cary)
PF Changs (Raleigh) [Yeah, a hyped-up chain, but really, really good]
NC Seafood Market (Raleigh, at the NC Farmer's Market. Man, I miss hush puppies)
La Bella Monica (Raleigh)

[NB: I haven't lived in Raleigh for a year, so I don't know if all these places are still around. Actually left town one year ago today. Sigh....]

caniacgirl12 07-27-2007 01:05 PM

Not one of you mentioned Bojangles?

FAILURES!!

wisssh 07-28-2007 09:49 PM

Wife and I hit 42nd street oyster bar (Raleigh) last week.....It's been awhile since I've been there....but any restraunt in that area will do.... Nice to see people walking around in that part of town.

Citizen Cane 07-29-2007 10:51 AM

I'll let others describe Raleigh options. I lived there 20 years ago, but it might as well have been 40 with all of the changes.

A few locally owned options if you venture west:

La Residence, Chapel Hill (a little pricy but the best French restaurant around for my money)

There is an excellent new Italian restaurant at Brightleaf Square in Durham, name escapes me. Geez.

On a much more informal scale, Allen & Son Barbecue in Chapel Hill is one of the best BBQ places in the state - doesn't look like much, but they still cook with hickory wood. NC 86 in Orange County.

dogbazinho 07-30-2007 08:08 AM

Not sure what kind of food you like so here are the places my friends, triangle city search and I recommend.

Asian:

Sushi Thai (Sushi, Jap, Thai) on Killdaire Farm or Lake Boone
Thai Villa (Thai) on Buck Jones
Waraji (Sushi) on Duraleigh
5 star (Chinese) some place downtown

Mexican:

Los Tres Magueyes on Killdaire Farm

Italian:

Casa Carbone on Glenwood

Whatever:

Bojangles (fried chicken) on Western Blvd specifically
Snoopies (hotdogs/hamburgers) on Hillsboro

Try triangle.citysearch.com if you're looking for a good restaurant rating site with feedback.

OpAck 07-31-2007 10:19 PM

I've been in Raleigh for 3 years now, and my all-time favorite has got to be 42nd Street Oyster Bar. Norfolk style shrimp and steak wrapped in bacon, hush puppies, and a couple Coronas...a great night! It's a little pricey...but well worth it.

Armadillo Grill, O'Dwyers, Ale House, and the Chop House also get rave reviews from me. Didn't O'Charley's stop the 'kid's eat free' thing they were doing?