HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Mike Comrie is showing Kevin Lowe (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=40536)

Habs4Life 01-02-2004 07:37 PM

Mike Comrie is showing Kevin Lowe
 
I don't know about you guy's but Mike Comrie has been on fire since his first game.

I know it's early to say but you can tell he is a great player on the ice by the way he skates, passes and makes things happen, with limited ice time he has done very well

I think what is really pushing him hard is that he wants to show Kevin Lowe why he shouldn't of been traded and why he is a marquee player for year's to come!


He did a good job playing skating with his old team every week, unlike Adam Oates who now has not accumlated many points and should of kept his gameshape while off the ice.

blah 01-02-2004 07:40 PM

Oates is 40 and Comrie is 23, not a fair comparison.

Still though Comrie has done better than I thought he would. Only concern should be him getting an injury from not playing for so long.

Habs4Life 01-02-2004 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blah
Oates is 40 and Comrie is 23, not a fair comparison.

Still though Comrie has done better than I thought he would. Only concern should be him getting an injury from not playing for so long.

Most people know the reason Adam Oates is not playing good is because he did not keep in shape while enjoying his time off

guinness 01-02-2004 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs4Life
Most people know the reason Adam Oates is not playing good is because he did not keep in shape while enjoying his time off

And he doesn't really have anyone to past the puck to as well.

Narnia 01-02-2004 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs4Life
*snip*

I think what is really pushing him hard is that he wants to show Kevin Lowe why he shouldn't of been traded and why he is a marquee player for year's to come!

*snip*

For the last time, Comrie did not want to play in Edmonton. He wanted out. He asked to be traded on September 6. Stop blaming Lowe for this when it was clearly Comrie who wanted out of Edmonton. Get over it that this wasn't Lowe's fault. Kevin Lowe wanted to sign Comrie but Cormie wanted out of Edmonton and asked for a trade on September 6.

Enoch 01-02-2004 08:32 PM

Flyers have some of the most gifted offensive players this game has to offer.....they are absolutely stacked..If they had a better goaltender, they would be my favorites for the cup.

icarus 01-02-2004 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemsky83
For the last time, Comrie did not want to play in Edmonton. He wanted out. He asked to be traded on September 6. Stop blaming Lowe for this when it was clearly Comrie who wanted out of Edmonton. Get over it that this wasn't Lowe's fault. Kevin Lowe wanted to sign Comrie but Cormie wanted out of Edmonton and asked for a trade on September 6.

Hate to break it to you but that won't be the last time you have to explain that. Flames fans are still explaining that Savard wanted out about once a week.

Belgian Fan 01-02-2004 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icarus
Hate to break it to you but that won't be the last time you have to explain that. Flames fans are still explaining that Savard wanted out about once a week.

Flames and Oilers fans: stand united!!

blah 01-02-2004 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch
Flyers have some of the most gifted offensive players this game has to offer.....they are absolutely stacked..If they had a better goaltender, they would be my favorites for the cup.

They'd be everybody's pick if they had a Broduer. Even still Esche has been pretty good all year. Same for Hackett although he faltered once he became the everyday goalie when Esche was injured.

Trottier 01-02-2004 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemsky83
For the last time, Comrie did not want to play in Edmonton. He wanted out. He asked to be traded on September 6. Stop blaming Lowe for this when it was clearly Comrie who wanted out of Edmonton....

But it's so much more fun to play the victimization card and have a chip on one's shoulder! ;) :p

***

Seems to me Comrie is playing well because Conrie is a very good player. (Forgive me if I don't bestow "greatness" upon him just yet. :p) Not because he wants to show Kevi n Lowe anything. No need for contrived martyrdom! Does everyone subscribe to the Letrell Sprewell "me against the world" mentality these days? :confused:

elphy101 01-02-2004 08:47 PM

Yes, Comrie is a good player that has the potential to become great. Oilers fans know that. However, Comrie wanted out. He hated MacT(my speculation) and unfortunately Lowe could not convince him to stay. Losing him without a doubt hurts the Oilers.

However they did get pretty good value for him especially compared to what Calgary got for Savard in a very similar situation. Wowitka is a stud defensive prospect, and the 1st and 3rd round picks can't hurt.

oilers_guy_eddie 01-02-2004 09:46 PM

Despite all the blah-blah and :rant: we heard during the months of Comrie trade talk, I think Flyer fans are going to be very happy with him. He is not the Hobbit version of Sergei Berezin that some people seemed to think.

blah 01-02-2004 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie
He is not the Hobbit version of Sergei Berezin that some people seemed to think.

Here's hoping!!

ehc73 01-02-2004 10:11 PM

Comrie's got some good linemates now. No offense to Ryan Smyth, but he's no Simon Gagne when it comes to putting the puck in the net(though they do play separate styles so I guess it isn't really fair to compare).
Sadly, Lowe couldn't make a trade that could help the Oilers NOW, which is what they really needed(hence the asking of the $2.5 million so Lowe could go out and sign another player). Instead, they got Woywitka, who could see some action in this season, but likely it'll have to be done through yet ANOTHER trade, which would probably see Brewer shipped out of Edmonton. Brewer seems to be the most marketable one.
Heck, best asset was Niinimaa but he went to Long Island for Brad "I'm so excited to play but I busted" Isbister and Raffi Torres. So now the Oil have no powerplay QB and with Oates not producing, they're still stuck in the land of No Playoffs.
Comrie is improving his market value and will likely sign another lucrative contract after this one is completed(though that does depend on what the new CBA brings forth). However, given how some players that jumped ship to other teams in the offseason have fared injury-wise, Comrie better have some kind of voodoo protectant. Oiler fans are gonna be stabbing with needles. :)

Leaf Lander 01-03-2004 05:33 AM

lowe kept saying in every interview that comrie was a great young players.

Money and maybe egos made him leave edmonton

not his under appreciated talents


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.