HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Brandon Bochenski (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=40581)

Johnny Danger 01-03-2004 02:51 AM

Brandon Bochenski

although he's dominating the college in points, his skating seems/seemed to be an issue ...

what can be said about it? has he improved it // is he improving?

what do u think about his potential?

thx ;)

SensGod 01-03-2004 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Danger
although he's dominating the college in points, his skating seems/seemed to be an issue ...

thx ;)

I read alot of stuff about him last year. This year it's apparent that he's continuing his development at a steady pace.

I think that at best he will be a 2nd line player, but most likely a good 3rd liner at this time.

A line of Bochenski-Laich-Eaves should be around in a few years I think.

Volchenkov 01-03-2004 04:50 PM

I believe that at a recent rookie camp, Bochenski was 3rd among sens prospects, basically second if you don't count Vermette. His skating is not a weakness. He'll probably complete his education so I don't see a line of Laich-Bochenski-Eaves coming into fruition any time soon. Besides, IMO Eaves would be a better fit on a line with Spezza, where his tremendous hockey sense and anticipation of his teammate's plays will be extremely valuable with Spezza's creativity.

rebedom 01-04-2004 01:43 PM

Bochenski will be a very good player

I love the line of Bochenski - Laich - Eaves for the future.

I saw Bochenski at the Sens development camp and he was very good, his skating has improved and man can he shoot. He will be the left winger this team has been looking for, unfortunately. he plans to return to school for his senior year.

bbcanada 01-06-2004 02:06 PM

I agree with you! He is not 100% sure of what he is doing next year. He'd like to move up, however, he wants to make sure he's at the right level to compete. I do not think we should count him out for next year!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebedom

I saw Bochenski at the Sens development camp and he was very good, his skating has improved and man can he shoot. He will be the left winger this team has been looking for, unfortunately. he plans to return to school for his senior year.

bbcanada 01-06-2004 02:09 PM

His skating is not NEAR the issue people make it out to be from what I have seen. It's a little choppy, but he has definitely improved the past few years! He continues to improve all around and the future looks bright for us Sens fans!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Danger

thx ;)

Oilers Chick 01-06-2004 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebedom

That's funny because Bochenski plays Right Wing on UND's "Money Line" (aka "Brady Bunch" line) with Parise and Murray.

BTW, I agree with bbccanada on his skating, it has definitely improved....certainly from last season when I saw him play. But I've already seen Bochenski play several times this season, and I can tell you all that Bochenski is as pure of a sniper as you're gonna find in the NCAA.

jake1 01-09-2004 08:20 PM

Bochenski scored four goals tonight in a 6-2 UND win over Alaska-Anchorage. When Parise, Murray and Stafford were at the WJC, Bochenski skated with Genoway and Porter. With the WJC boys back, Bochenski again skated with the players he had while they were gone; in other words, he was not with Parise tonight. Bochenski has a good chance to win the Hobey Baker Award this year, with the way he is scoring. That's 18 on the year, in 18 games.

The Lehner 01-10-2004 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jake1
Bochenski scored four goals tonight in a 6-2 UND win over Alaska-Anchorage. When Parise, Murray and Stafford were at the WJC, Bochenski skated with Genoway and Porter. With the WJC boys back, Bochenski again skated with the players he had while they were gone; in other words, he was not with Parise tonight. Bochenski has a good chance to win the Hobey Baker Award this year, with the way he is scoring. That's 18 on the year, in 18 games.

Thanks very much for the update, much appreciated. I hope the organization signs Bochenski over the next year.

sensfan18 01-10-2004 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jake1

I wish everyone who says he "leaches" off Parise would read this.

Johnny Danger 01-11-2004 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sensfan18

dito.

4check22 01-11-2004 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sensfan18

I am a Huge Devils fan and a UND fan as well. Let me first say that Ottawa stole Bochenski with a low draft pick. He is one of the best players in college hoceky which is the best development system for hockey players in the USA. 7th round pick!?! Are you kidding me? Great move for Ottawa. Besides playing with the top ranked UND Fighting Sioux and leading the nation in scoring, Brandon played with the Lincoln Stars in the USHL and was rookie of the year posting 47 goals in 55 games. The USHL has quickly become the best junior hockey league in the USA. Again, great steal for you guys.

As far as Bochenski leaching off of Parise, it isn't true. In fact, he didn't skate with Zach in this past weekend's matches with Alaska Anchorage. Parise skated with the other World Juniors (Brady Murray and Drew Stafford) and contributed a couple of assists in the 6-2 UND win. Bochenski had 4 goals as I'm sure you all know. Bochenski is the real deal. You will enjoy having this kid on your team for many years to come.

bbcanada 01-12-2004 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Havlat9
Thanks very much for the update, much appreciated. I hope the organization signs Bochenski over the next year.

I was actually at the game. WOW... that is all I can say, WOW. Bochenski was a level above everyone else on the ice. He shoots the puck better than many guys in the NHL! He seems level headed and confident as well. He scores 4 goals (he shot 4 for 5 or 6) and acts like he expects that of himself! (From what I can tell) Even his teammates seemed in awe of him. Let's hope we get him soon.