HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   carter and richards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=40660)

panayiotis 01-03-2004 10:51 AM

carter and richards

Watching the kids play in wjc. Both are spectacular. Pencil in Carter as the number 1 center next year. Richards is a better 2 way player then Comrie. Handzus is a perfect number 3 guy. Roenick will get moved to rw. I would not trade either of these kids. Carter reminds me of Messier and Richard of Gilmour. Great job by the scouting department. Hey Bob sign these guys quick.

augster 01-03-2004 11:02 AM

Jumping the gun a bit aren't we?

Brad* 01-03-2004 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by augster
Jumping the gun a bit aren't we?

Yeah, he's going to go from not being an NHL player to the number one center on an already deep team.

Sure.

IronMarshal 01-03-2004 12:22 PM

In the words of Rico "Aieee, aieee, aieee!"

Slow down laddy. Let them dominate juniors before you have them dominating several levels above juniors.

What you propose is akin to taking a top prospect A league pitcher and making him the top starter on a playoff major league team. Unhh, unhh.

FlyersGuy69 01-03-2004 01:32 PM

yeah, there is no reason to rush these guys. if we were weak down the middle, then you might want to get them in there to see what they could do but were not. it's our strength.

FlyersFan 01-03-2004 08:51 PM

I don't see the Carter=Messier thing.

Larry44 01-04-2004 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panayiotis
Watching the kids play in wjc. Both are spectacular. Pencil in Carter as the number 1 center next year. Richards is a better 2 way player then Comrie. Handzus is a perfect number 3 guy. Roenick will get moved to rw. I would not trade either of these kids. Carter reminds me of Messier and Richard of Gilmour. Great job by the scouting department. Hey Bob sign these guys quick.

Carter = Sundin, if we're lucky.
Richards = looks like Ron Francis, plays like Langkow.

stanley 01-04-2004 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry44
Carter = Sundin, if we're lucky.

VERY lucky.

Does this only exist in my head, or was there a time before all the injuries when Clarke tried to trade Lindros to the Leafs for Sundin and a first-rounder (as the rumor goes)?

panayiotis 01-04-2004 06:02 PM

2004-05

Hey the dudes have been great, I am telling you. Carter is already better then JR. Both guys are not signed. So first that has to happen. Next there has to be a cba in place. That might not happen until 2005. Anyways the flyers brass has to be happy with the way both centers have played.

Winston Wolf 01-04-2004 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panayiotis
Carter is already better then JR.

:lol:
So if he is already better than JR, then why didn't he make the team? Oh that's right, because he's NOT.

panayiotis 01-05-2004 01:32 AM

4 months ago

Training camp was 4 months ago. I did not see him in camp. Hitch was raving about him. Young players grow by leaps and bounds in short period of times. JR is no longer a superstar. I am not comparing him to Mario Lemeux dude. Chill....

blah 01-05-2004 02:52 AM

lol I thought you meant MR not JR. Carter isn't better than Roenick. Hitch also raves about Somik, big deal.

leafaholix* 01-05-2004 02:57 AM

Having seen Sundin 500-600 times since his arrival in Toronto... and the little bit (7-8 games) I've seen Carter... he looks like a North American clone of Mats. He needs to put on some size... and the skating's not as good as Mats was at a young age, but he's still the closest thing I've seen to a Sundin type player ever.

CharlieGirl 01-05-2004 04:39 AM

If anyone is interested - the Toronto Sun had an article about Richards on Saturday.

http://www.canoe.ca/Slam040103/wjc_can1-sun.html

Teezax 01-05-2004 04:44 AM

it's great to see Carter and Richards getting all this recognition, it's making the Flyers scouting department look so much better. They've both been key in Canada's success so far in this tournament and hopefully they can chip in to this last game today against the US.

Cuiff 01-05-2004 06:01 AM

Flyguy69

I love you avitar. NWO....4 life... :joker:

Nash and Hall were the Best. I loved reading about what a drunk Scott Hall was.

GoneFullHextall 01-05-2004 09:15 AM

before we jump the gun and annoint Carter and Richards #1 and #2 centers next year, remember they are playing against much smaller players and less skilled players that they will see at the NHL level. WJC success does not translate into NHL stardom all the time. I'm not saying these kids are not good. they are from everything i have read but please remember they are kids and they have not even matured physically yet. Lets see what they look like in camp next year if we even have a camp next year first. I am not trying to be negative at all i just dont want the kids rushed and have their careers hurt.

FlyersGuy69 01-05-2004 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
Flyguy69

I love you avitar. NWO....4 life... :joker:

Nash and Hall were the Best. I loved reading about what a drunk Scott Hall was.

thanks man! yeah, that was the best era of wrestling IMO.

bobbyboucher24 01-05-2004 01:05 PM

Jeff Carter has been named a 1st team all star at the WJCs.

Dekhockey55 01-05-2004 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyerGuy69
thanks man! yeah, that was the best era of wrestling IMO.

No way...the best era by far were the days of the 4 horsemen...(Flair, Ole and Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard)

FlyersGuy69 01-05-2004 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dekhockey55
No way...the best era by far were the days of the 4 horsemen...(Flair, Ole and Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard)

nah, not for me, I liked the edger days of wrestling. I liked the gangland mentality and that's what pulled me into wrestling because before '97 I never really liked or watched wrestling.

Cuiff 01-06-2004 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dekhockey55

Not a chance. NWO was tooooooooooooooo sweet!!!