HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Captains for next year? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=406837)

tmntdonjuan 08-02-2007 03:34 AM

Captains for next year?

With Scotty and Teemu retiring, Pronger will most likely be our captain. Does anyone have an issue with this? I do have an issue with his tendency to take an undisciplined action that hurts the team. Without his brother I doubt Rob will hold his "A". Also I think next year's Assistant Captains will be McDonald and Getzlaf. I highly doubt Rob is going to hold the "A" with his brother gone.

Kimi 08-02-2007 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byungshin34 (Post 10084748)
With Scotty and Teemu retiring, Pronger will most likely be our captain. Does anyone have an issue with this? I do have an issue with his tendency to take an undisciplined action that hurts the team. Without his brother I doubt Rob will hold his "A". Also I think next year's Assistant Captains will be McDonald and Getzlaf. I highly doubt Rob is going to hold the "A" with his brother gone.

Rob had an A before we signed Scott, so it's not like he's getting it as he's just Mr Little Brother, he's got some merit to it already.

Duck Off 08-02-2007 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimi (Post 10084752)
Rob had an A before we signed Scott, so it's not like he's getting it as he's just Mr Little Brother, he's got some merit to it already.

Hopefulling the letters will end up like this:

Scotty Nieds-C
Selanne-A
R.Niedermayer-A

However, if we lose Scotty and Teemu...

Pronger-C
R.Niedermayer-A
Getzlaf-A

(I also wouldn't mind seeing Beauchemin get an A)

tmntdonjuan 08-02-2007 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimi (Post 10084752)

I think Selanne would have gotten the "A" over Rob if it hadn't been for Scott.

Elvs 08-02-2007 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byungshin34 (Post 10084861)

Selanne should have gotten the "A" over Pronger, not over Rob IMO...

swisdan 08-02-2007 06:13 AM

Isn't it time to give an assistant post to Pahlsson?

ktulu98 08-02-2007 06:54 AM

pahlsson or getzlaf will get A

Zymergist 08-02-2007 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byungshin34 (Post 10084861)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfstrand (Post 10084901)
Selanne should have gotten the "A" over Pronger, not over Rob IMO...

At the begining of last season it was Scotty, Rob, & Teemu. Then Teemu went to Caryley and told him Pronger deserved more then he did for his leadership and it was changed to Scotty, Chris, & Rob.

Rob has an undeserved reputation of being the flunky younger brother of Scott. He is a good hockey player in his own right even if his brother outshines him. IMO, his line with Paulson and Moen was the most important line in our playoff run this year. That line was so successful at shutting down the other team's best scoring line that it made our victory possible.

-----

for next year: S. Neids, Pronger, & R.Neids
or Pronger, R.Neids, Getz