HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Burke Confernece Call (RE: Penner to the Oilers) - 3 PM Anaheim Time - Live (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=407025)

Dolemite 08-02-2007 05:24 PM

Burke Confernece Call (RE: Penner to the Oilers) - 3 PM Anaheim Time - Live
 
In case anyone is interested, Burke's Conference Call (to the Press) about the Penner deal will be carried live on the Team 1260 in Edmonton at 3:00 PM PST.

http://www.cfrn.com/

Brodeur 08-02-2007 05:27 PM

Thanks for the heads up, this should be a fun listen.

Dolemite 08-02-2007 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodeur (Post 10091426)
Thanks for the heads up, this should be a fun listen.

I've got a feeling you Anaheim fans are going to hear some classic Burke. Up til now he's been kind of tame in the media compared to when he was with the Canucks.

snarktacular 08-02-2007 05:33 PM

Hmm... is this an uncensored link?:sarcasm: Because that would rock.

Dolemite 08-02-2007 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obobo23 (Post 10091485)
Hmm... is this an uncensored link?:sarcasm: Because that would rock.

Good question. I hope you all get a chance to see why we Canucks fans loved Burke. He used to taunt callers on Vancouver Call-in shows to give him some hard ball questions.

Soundwave 08-02-2007 06:06 PM

LOL, you can taste the bitter tears.

190Octane 08-02-2007 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwave (Post 10091889)
LOL, you can taste the bitter tears.

Maybe they'll collect in a little pool at the bottom of the Stanley Cup.

Mooseduck 08-02-2007 06:08 PM

Burke about the picks: "Given Kevin's recent record, they should be excellent picks" - LOL

ktulu98 08-02-2007 06:10 PM

someone could make nice report for us europeans with many many quotes
I wanna read what burkie sayed

thanks a lot to someone :)

Soundwave 08-02-2007 06:11 PM

Burke's a hypocrite for saying Penner is not worth the money, but then turning around and giving Bertuzzi $4 million. At least Penner has upside, Bertuzzi is likely to get worse.

Secondly, if Burke keeps saying he has no problem with offer sheets, then why should a team offer a lowball offer sheet? All that means is the other team would match. If you're going to go for an offer sheet you might as well make it an offer the other team won't match.

Slats432 08-02-2007 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooseduck (Post 10091936)
Burke about the picks: "Given Kevin's recent record, they should be excellent picks" - LOL

As much as I disagree with Burke's assessment, that is a great jab!!!:D

Spankatola Jamnuts* 08-02-2007 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwave (Post 10091978)
Burke's a hypocrite for saying Penner is not worth the money, but then turning around and giving Bertuzzi $4 million. At least Penner has upside, Bertuzzi is likely to get worse.

Secondly, if Burke keeps saying he has no problem with offer sheets, then why should a team offer a lowball offer sheet? All that means is the other team would match. If you're going to go for an offer sheet you might as well make it an offer the other team won't match.

Waah.

Burke really bugs you, eh?

Dolemite 08-02-2007 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktulu98 (Post 10091959)
someone could make nice report for us europeans with many many quotes
I wanna read what burkie sayed

thanks a lot to someone :)

Here's a classic one from the presser:

"We take back 3 picks, and given Kevin's recent performance, I expect them to be excellent picks"

Classic Burke.

fez 08-02-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwave (Post 10091978)
Burke's a hypocrite for saying Penner is not worth the money, but then turning around and giving Bertuzzi $4 million. At least Penner has upside, Bertuzzi is likely to get worse.

We didnt give up a first, a second and a third for an overpaid Bertuzzi

Soundwave 08-02-2007 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fez (Post 10092017)
We didnt give up a first, a second and a third for an overpaid Bertuzzi

The Oilers have Anaheim's 1st rounder next year though too, so how many picks do they want? The Oilers gained like 10 1st rounders (between players and picks) over the course of the last year.

I don't get what Burke is really saying ... he's fine with the RFA sheets but he doesn't like the money. Well if the Oilers offer Penner a $3 million offer, then the Ducks would just match, so why make an RFA offer sheet when you know it will be matched?

flyersfan97 08-02-2007 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooseduck (Post 10091936)
Burke about the picks: "Given Kevin's recent record, they should be excellent picks" - LOL

This is classic, one of you should make it your signature.

snarktacular 08-02-2007 06:26 PM

Burke says it seems like they still want to keep the 44-45 million cap. Meaning some salary moves would still have to be made if Scotty and Teemu come back.

Ducks__Halos 08-02-2007 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooseduck (Post 10091936)
Burke about the picks: "Given Kevin's recent record, they should be excellent picks" - LOL

I love our GM. :yo:

Dolemite 08-02-2007 06:27 PM

Did you guys hear that if Selanne and Nedermayer come back he may have to have a fire sale?

190Octane 08-02-2007 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obobo23 (Post 10092172)
Burke says it seems like they still want to keep the 44-45 million cap. Meaning some salary moves would still have to be made if Scotty and Teemu come back.

I think at this point Scotty and Teemu aren't going to be coming back.

snarktacular 08-02-2007 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwave (Post 10092032)
The Oilers have Anaheim's 1st rounder next year though too, so how many picks do they want? The Oilers gained like 10 1st rounders (between players and picks) over the course of the last year.

I don't get what Burke is really saying ... he's fine with the RFA sheets but he doesn't like the money. Well if the Oilers offer Penner a $3 million offer, then the Ducks would just match, so why make an RFA offer sheet when you know it will be matched?

But even if it were 2.8 million we would have been above the cap, and may not have matched then.

Kimi 08-02-2007 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwave (Post 10092032)
The Oilers have Anaheim's 1st rounder next year though too, so how many picks do they want? The Oilers gained like 10 1st rounders (between players and picks) over the course of the last year.

I don't get what Burke is really saying ... he's fine with the RFA sheets but he doesn't like the money. Well if the Oilers offer Penner a $3 million offer, then the Ducks would just match, so why make an RFA offer sheet when you know it will be matched?

He's fine with what they do. They stop lowball offers. We can't offer Getzlaf the minimum, and force him to take it as he won't be playing anyhere else. Getzlaf would then just wait for the offersheets to come in and pick the one he wants. He get's the money he deserves, and thing keep going.

snarktacular 08-02-2007 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by admiral_CB (Post 10092192)
I think at this point Scotty and Teemu aren't going to be coming back.

I kind of think one of the 2 will be back. Just a feeling. Selanne more than Niedermayer.

HerrAlex 08-02-2007 06:31 PM

Hah hfboards mentioned again

xlnc66 08-02-2007 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obobo23 (Post 10092218)
I kind of think one of the 2 will be back. Just a feeling. Selanne more than Niedermayer.

Team1040 radio in Vancouver is saying it's 99% likely that Niedermayer is done, and it will be official in a couple of weeks, if anyone comes back, it will be Selanne


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.