HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Am I back in everyones good graces??? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=407383)

Gnashville 08-03-2007 05:13 PM

Am I back in everyones good graces???

Since January I have been warning and complaining about Leipold's actions and his desire to sell the team. I was ridiculed and abused because I believed he was lying and doing some underhanded things. I know hindsight is 20/20 but in the end I think I was right. Please understand my actions and words were not directed at the fans and city that we all love, but at an owner that seemed to overact during interviews. He has redeemed himself somewhat by doing the right thing and selling to the local group. I appoligize for some of the things I posted here, please accept me back into the fold as a loyal supporter of the NASHVILLE PREDATORS!!

AdsSabresRule 08-03-2007 06:37 PM

I must have missed something...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnashville (Post 10101952)
I appoligize for some of the things I posted here, please accept me back into the fold as a loyal supporter of the NASHVILLE PREDATORS!!

I didn't know you were OUT of the fold. Dang it! I'm always the last to know these darn things! ;)

braindead 08-03-2007 06:46 PM

I have two points of contention:

1. You were NOT right-- you said he would announce a sale to the KC group when IN FACT he announced a sale to Hamilton guy.;)

2. Leipold, in my mind, has NOT redeemed himself in any way, shape or form (but maybe this is a thought for a different thread on a different day).

I don't think I abused you but I thought you were insane b/c Craig would be insane to sell at this point as the ship (to me) had clearly turned. It turns out at least one of you was not insane.

Besides divergent views is what makes this forum worth coming to regularly. That and the frequent flier miles awarded for each post.

nine_inch_fang 08-03-2007 07:31 PM

I don't think anyone really cared if you were right or wrong, we were just sick of hearing all the negative crap in every single post about every single thing.

handtrick 08-03-2007 09:07 PM

People can say negative things in not so a vitriolic manner, yet still get the point across.

But, that being said, differing viewpoints are, indeed, what is so great about boards such as these. I would venture to say that none of us get to talk about the game and team that we all love enough in our face-to-face lives, and that is why we come here to discuss, hash, celebrate, whine, defend, biatch, etc on a routine basis.

Anyway, no hard feelings from here, but I am not going to worship you for calling it out on here before most of us were willing to publicly admit or talk about it.

I heard some inside stuff from inside people that I felt was not appropriate to be brought out on a public forum like this, that worried me as well. Others on here may have had similar discussions, I don't know. But with inside info, comes responsibility.
So when somebody is saying outlandish things without backing them up as to credible sources, or having shown a history of having credible sources, you can understand some apprehension in many of us to believe the said person until evidence starts to show some validity to some of those "outlandish" claims.

Anyway, time to move on and enjoy hockey in Nashville this year.

Basher 08-04-2007 12:53 AM

Hey I knew it too, but only told one person from the boards via messenger. Some things are better not said, I thought this was one of those cases.

golfmade 08-04-2007 03:49 AM

I suppose I'll take you off my ignore list now :p: ;)

Jarnberg 08-05-2007 06:41 PM

I don't think I ever hated you for posting what you did. You have to look at it from our point of view, at the time we believed Mr. Leipold as he's always stayed pretty close to what he's said in the past and you didn't have much evidence. So from that alone, along with our team completing dismantling after the All-Star break, it was frustrating to read.

That being said, I doubt you fell out of our graces or anything like that.

jstreet 08-06-2007 08:38 AM

hmm.. I must have missed something.

triggrman 08-06-2007 02:42 PM

I don't think you fell either, although I did joke on you just because you posted it soo much.

Didn't we have a racist poster on here once?

Enoch 08-06-2007 03:28 PM

The only thing that bothered me was how you lumped the players struggles into the ownership issues. If you keep the two separate, then I do not think we will have a problem ;).

Gnashville 08-08-2007 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman (Post 10119578)
I don't think you fell either, although I did joke on you just because you posted it soo much.

Didn't we have a racist poster on here once?

I was very angry and frustrated at the time. Please forgive me for some of my comments but what I felt was happening actually was happening. I love this team and city and was angry at Leipold for deceiving us. I don't know why I thought he was lying It was just the way he spoke and some of the things he said that alarmed me and eventually proved to be true (somewhat). I did overkill it a bit but I was really upset at the teams struggles and the other things that I felt was going on. Thankfully I'm very Positive that things will work out with the local guys in place. Eventually Boots and KC will get an expansion team (less than 5 years). I see Leipold actually coming back into a small ownership role after that. I don't hate Leipold, I hate being lied to. Thankfully Basillie is out of the NHL's hair forever. He tipped his hand too much and noone will trust his "I'm not moving the team" routine.

RaiderDoug 08-08-2007 10:54 PM

Sweet I now have an avatar.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

I dont know what your apologizing for, but buy season tickets and all is forgiven. Heck, if OJ bought 10 FST's, I'd join him in helping find the real killer.

handtrick 08-09-2007 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderDoug (Post 10140234)

Heck, if OJ bought 10 FST's, I'd join him in helping find the real killer.

Where do I sign up?

Enoch 08-09-2007 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OJ Simpson (Post 10142006)
Where do I sign up?

I could probably run an IP check on this.......but its too funny! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

barrytrotzsneck 08-09-2007 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 10142212)
I could probably run an IP check on this.......but its too funny! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

the mystery is solved for me, but it's funny nonetheless :D