HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Rbk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=407483)

Sabres9101 08-04-2007 01:01 AM

Rbk

does anyone have the new O-stick yet, it seems pretty sweet.

Lukko4 08-04-2007 12:01 PM

I know one guy who was a tester for the sticks and went through about 20 of them in about 2 months. The biggest comment I have heard from the people I know that have used them, is that they get very whippy, fast.

The junior sized ones will probably be decent since they dont have too much force to weaken them, but the senior ones, I think the jury is still out. We got them at the store I work last Thursday and we've already sold about 5 of them ($199 JR, $319 SR)

I have seen the sticks being tested in the Lab @ RBK, and they seem to stand up to some very very high pressures, but of course, testing a brand-new stick doesnt compare to the wear and tear of regular play.

Just remember, it's the first release of a stick like this, so there surely will be kinks. They did an enormous amount of testing and finally were satisfied enough to retail it, but don't buy it if you are gonna be scared to break it.

We'reGonnaWin* 08-04-2007 03:37 PM

They shoot a bit better than my TPS sticks, but are surprisingly heavy despite the "holes". Also, the durability seems iffy.

sc37 08-04-2007 07:42 PM

The holes arn't for weight reduction...more for strengthening.

McNasty 08-04-2007 08:25 PM

Strange I thought the holes were meant to make the stick more durable to the wear and tear, I want to buy the stick, but as mentioned it is the first release and there will undoubtedly be issues.

Lukko4 08-04-2007 10:48 PM

the holes are there mainly for strengthening, going with the notion of an arch is more solid as compared with a flat surface. It is also supposed to increase stick speed on the downswing, saying that the holes give it 21% less wind resistance than a regular stick. How much of a difference that makes is very VERY minimal, I mean we are talking in the range of milliseconds here so it doesn't make a very big difference at all.

Also it is not meant to be among the 'super-light' range of sticks. RBK doesn't put their weights on the sticks, but it is a little heavier than the other high-end sticks. Either way its a matter of grams, and seriously 15 to 20 grams is nothing, considering most people can vary the weight of their stick by double that depending on the tape job they do on their stick.

Basically, its a flashy stick, for a flashy player who has money to burn.

Just remember full-graphite makes a stick more fragile. More expensive = more performance, not more durability. Maybe instead of spending $300+ on this stick, pick up a few $100 sticks with a little bit of fibreglass in them for the same price and see what lasts longer.

McNasty 08-04-2007 11:40 PM

Yea it just kind of sucks, I love the Datsyuk on my 7K and it's super light, but I don't think I'm going to like the O stick if it's not as light and less durable. Perhaps I'll go with a Stealth.

sc37 08-05-2007 10:44 PM

Yup it sucks...from reading the posts:sarcasm:

And honestly, lightweight generally doesn't go hand in hand with durability there....but honestly go lift some weights if it isn't light enough:D Balance over weight is the main thing IMO. And from what I hear, it is decently balanced (but take it for what it's worth...haven't seen any in stock around here yet to get my hands on). But the weight is in and around what the Sickick is, which is like 470g or so.

TBLfan 08-06-2007 12:11 AM

it isn't lightweight compared to other high-end sticks, the feel is decent for a RBK blade and the stick is blade heavy... but it has SPEED holes!

blueliner27 08-07-2007 06:40 PM

I returned it.....