HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Lundqvist (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=407960)

LUNDQVISTISAMAZING 08-05-2007 11:52 PM

Lundqvist

ok im not sure where this rumor started but i've heard some people say that they dont think that lundqvist will be a Ranger his whole career. I personally dont agree with it, it would be like the panthers getting rid of Luongo which was absolute stupidity. What do you guys think?

broadwayblue 08-06-2007 12:02 AM

It's hard to predict the future. All I know is I'd like to see the team sign Henrik to a 6 or 7 year extension on January 1 for about 5.5 mil/per. Then we can worry about his next contract around 2015 or so.

PS...what do you mean by rumor? this is hardly a topic that would lend itself to people having that kind of inside information.

NYR fan 2 08-06-2007 12:08 AM

I wouldn't mind taking a page out of the Isle's book and signing him to a 10-year deal or something.

Lundqvist102 08-06-2007 12:10 AM

In the current day and age, it's next to impossible to guarantee someone staying on the same team for an entire career, even harder now with the salary cap. Let's get the 5-6 year extention out of the way first and then we'll see how it goes.

LUNDQVISTISAMAZING 08-06-2007 12:32 AM

ya but look at steve yzerman he was with the red wings his entire career. but my question is do you think that the will have the sense to try and keep a franchise goaltender their for his whole career i mean he is the kind of goalie tht could lead to a stanley cup. i would love to see them sign him for a contract that would keep him here until 2015 then go from there. but i heard this rumor from some people around where i live. they said this as an opinion, but i just wanted to see what you guys think.

JayDubayou19 08-06-2007 12:46 AM

Here's what you guys could do: Get Charles Wang to come and pull out the old two decade contract. :handclap: Actually, i wouldn't mind seeing lundy as a ranger his whole career. It could be him vs DP in NY for a long, long time.

I wouldnt mind. :)

free0717 08-06-2007 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR fan 2 (Post 10116599)
I wouldn't mind taking a page out of the Isle's book and signing him to a 10-year deal or something.

I dont know about 10 year but I have no problem with 7 or 8 year since we gave Gomez 7 years.

Pogo 08-06-2007 03:47 AM

Let's give him a 38 year contract, spread out over 57 years with a 4.326% interest rate, stock options, a company hybrid car of his selection, part ownership in the years 2067-72 and a lifetime membership to lounges in every airport in the world. That'll show Wang who's wang is bigger and wangier.

ArtieAnisimov 08-06-2007 04:01 AM

If Eddie Giacomin and Brian Leetch can be traded from the Rangers, anyone can.

NYRJurgen88 08-06-2007 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBlue (Post 10117217)
If Eddie Giacomin and Brian Leetch can be traded from the Rangers, anyone can.

spot on!

No one is untradeable (Gretzky?!) but if both parties want to make it happen and there is success then it'll happen.

I love Henrik but i wouldnt give him more than a 6 year deal. I wouldnt have given Gomez his length either. 5 or 6 is good. If he is doing brilliantly in 4 years or so you can always extend it.

Smashley 08-06-2007 06:42 AM

I'm waiting for this contract extension to get my jersey... :teach:

SingnBluesOnBroadway 08-06-2007 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUNDQVISTISAMAZING (Post 10116526)
ok im not sure where this rumor started but i've heard some people say that they dont think that lundqvist will be a Ranger his whole career. I personally dont agree with it, it would be like the panthers getting rid of Luongo which was absolute stupidity. What do you guys think?

I haven't seen anyone say they don't think Lundqvist will be a Ranger his whole career.

NYR89 08-06-2007 08:34 AM

i think hank wants to stay a ranger his whole career...no matter where he goes he won't be as much of a rockstar he is in NYC

HockeyBasedNYC 08-06-2007 08:37 AM

I don't recall seeing anything written to this effect.

In January you can bet that the Rangers will sign him to a long-term deal and Lundqvist will be here a while. After that contract is up its anyones guess and i'm really not concerned with that far down the road.

Hes 25 years old. The guy could be playing for another 15 years. Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

oh baby 08-06-2007 08:44 AM

there is always the injury factor, look waht happened to blackburn and even mike r.
So you never know what could happen also they may think al could push him out.
I do think he will be a ranger for a good long time though.

elYankee 08-06-2007 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pogo (Post 10117205)
That'll show Wang who's wang is bigger and wangier.

Chien-Ming Wang of the New York Yankees is the biggest and Wangiest.

NYRJurgen88 08-06-2007 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oh baby (Post 10117654)
there is always the injury factor, look waht happened to blackburn and even mike r.
So you never know what could happen also they may think al could push him out.
I do think he will be a ranger for a good long time though.

i certainly think they might want to give Montoya some games (if they keep him and he fits under the cap) to provide Henrik with some realistic and talented competition but i dont think anyone expects Henrik to be pused out anytime soon...Montoya will be there to pusher Hank to greater heights before he's traded.

What Hank has proved in his first 2 years is almost unmatchable.

The injury factor and the cap limitations are what get me worrying about Hanks long term future. If he is healthy and the space is there, and if he wants to stay he'll be there. :)

Henrik_of_Jönköping 08-06-2007 09:26 AM

Quote:

This rumor could have started with the fact that Lundqvist might have said that he could consider finishing his career (last season) in Frölunda Indians in Sweden.

There is NO WAY this guy could even consider living in another city then NYC during his NHL career... Well,, maybe LA, I could imagine he would like it with the glmaour lifestyle in Hollywood, but our King want to be a winner and that, my friends, are exactly what he/ the rangers are going to be in the years to come! :yo:

NYR94 08-06-2007 09:29 AM

Hard to see, the future is.

nyrcallahan24 08-06-2007 09:53 AM

i think he'll be with us his whole career, if he stays the way he is or gets better ;) he needs to really work on those up high corner shots. those killed us last year :shakehead

bobbop 08-06-2007 10:12 AM

The beauty of being the Rangers is that players can't leave to go to a better city. Money is important but players like Lundqvist come along once in a generation. He's here as long as his polay merits it. (Hopefully for a very long time)

Nich 08-06-2007 10:17 AM

does everyone remember that richter was actually traded at one point to the oilers? or his right were at least before resigning with us....

Carlos Ranger 08-06-2007 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nich (Post 10118091)
does everyone remember that richter was actually traded at one point to the oilers? or his right were at least before resigning with us....

Yea, Messier's rights were traded to the sharks for a pick.. just a ballsy move by slats knowing that the player will come back.

To his credit he hasn't pulled a Gretzky-esque trade since he's been here.

Alcoolique* 08-06-2007 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUNDQVISTISAMAZING (Post 10116526)

Nah..Henrik Loves New York and New York loves him, He's a promising star here with the Rangers..So , if he gets pay the big $$$ , I can't see him leaving..Maybe, he would leave by the amount of $$ Slaths would offer him in the future..But you know, I doubt it.

Or..He would go either to the Islanders or the Devils :D

Wishful thinking though ;)

broadwayblue 08-06-2007 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callahan43 (Post 10117974)
i think he'll be with us his whole career, if he stays the way he is or gets better ;) he needs to really work on those up high corner shots. those killed us last year :shakehead

i assume you're being sarcastic with that nonsense about the high corner shots. those are called perfect shots and it's how you beat elite goaltending. the best goalie in the world will still give up a goal or two a game...and that's the way goal scorers put the puck in the net.