HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Western Europe (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   NHL in London - gathering (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=408089)

fintan74 08-06-2007 02:29 PM

NHL in London - gathering

We are heading over to London on 27 September from The Netherlands with a few guys to watch the two Ducks vs Kings games. I know from our national hockeyboard that there are quite a few other Dutch people going also and I think its safe to assume there will be fans there from all over Europe.

So many different fans gathering for just two games must be fairly unique. Does anybody know whether there is any sort of meet scheduled to take place? Friday evening maybe, or Saturday after the 17:00 game? Some sort of hockey fête would seem in order :)

PS: I had already posted this on internationalhockey.net's forum also, but few members there seem to be going. Perhaps there are more people open to the suggestion here :)

Denzil 08-06-2007 04:21 PM

I'm going to both games, not heard of any kind of meet-up as yet - although I'm meeting a couple of fellow hockey fans from a football board at the Saturday game.

Also, I thought the Saturday game was at 20:00?

fintan74 08-07-2007 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denzil (Post 10120941)
I'm going to both games, not heard of any kind of meet-up as yet - although I'm meeting a couple of fellow hockey fans from a football board at the Saturday game.

Also, I thought the Saturday game was at 20:00?

It's been officially pulled back to 17:00 now: link

Denzil 08-07-2007 11:21 AM

That sucks, in a big way, yeah let's make Californians watch their team at 9 in the morning - not to mention football fans with games to go to on the Saturday... :rant:

fintan74 08-07-2007 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denzil (Post 10126244)
That sucks, in a big way.

And I have no idea why they pulled it back to 17:00 either. For us it's not a big problem, as we are heading over on Friday anyway. It does create better opportunities for a meet in some pub afterwards :)

Denzil 08-07-2007 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fintan74 (Post 10127136)
It does create better opportunities for a meet in some pub afterwards :)

Have you ever been to North Greenwich? :biglaugh:

You'd have to journey back into the centre of town for that methinks.

fintan74 08-08-2007 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denzil (Post 10129793)
Have you ever been to North Greenwich? :biglaugh:

You'd have to journey back into the centre of town for that methinks.

I don't think I have, no. But we are staying in a hotel downtown anyway, so wouldn't mind meeting in a pub in the centre somewhere. Or in a pub a few stops away from the arena. Whichever...

Denzil 08-08-2007 07:37 AM

For the best if you go into the centre of town, there's absolutely nothing in North Greenwich (Maritime Greenwich is nice though) - the Dome was meant to regenerate the area, but it's still just an obscure wasteland really.

fintan74 08-08-2007 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denzil (Post 10133868)
For the best if you go into the centre of town, there's absolutely nothing in North Greenwich (Maritime Greenwich is nice though) - the Dome was meant to regenerate the area, but it's still just an obscure wasteland really.

As the game will likely be finished somewhere between 19:30 and 20:00 I would assume anyone staying in London is likely/willing to go downtown after the game anyway (even if you're not staying in the immediate center). So going by your info a meet someplace in the center would seem most logical.

So far we haven't heard from anyone who would actually be interested though :snide:

jumptheshark 08-24-2007 11:36 PM

I live here in London

I posted on both the LA and Ducks board trying to get something organized

fintan74 08-25-2007 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazycrazycanuck (Post 10260072)
I live here in London

I posted on both the LA and Ducks board trying to get something organized

That's super. Keep us posted!

jumptheshark 08-25-2007 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fintan74 (Post 10260493)
That's super. Keep us posted!

I already got a few people that want to do it

as the date gets closer I will finalize things

JPFT 08-26-2007 07:38 AM

I'll be going to the first game, arrive Friday and back on Sunday.
I still think it's awesome that exactly my favourite team is comming. (go Kings go!)
I'll have my Slovakian flag withe me.

for the guy who said something about watching the game at 9 in the morning. don't bother I have to listen at about 2 AM usually, so you'll manage ;)

if anyone knows the time the morning skate starts could you PM me? thanks.

Denzil 09-08-2007 02:50 PM

I live only a bus ride away from the O2 so of course I'll happily meet up with anyone who wants to...

mckly 09-11-2007 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacob-KingsVisnovsky (Post 10266594)
I'll be going to the first game, arrive Friday and back on Sunday.
I still think it's awesome that exactly my favourite team is comming. (go Kings go!)
I'll have my Slovakian flag withe me.

for the guy who said something about watching the game at 9 in the morning. don't bother I have to listen at about 2 AM usually, so you'll manage ;)

if anyone knows the time the morning skate starts could you PM me? thanks.

now there is a die-hard!!

does anyone know if this one is sold out yet? either games? just wondering cause i live in Canada and i am planning on staying up late to watch it and i want to know if i will be treated to a nice sold out arena.

Denzil 09-15-2007 06:04 PM

Both games have been sold out for months - and he's not the only one, thousands (maybe millions I don't know) of Europeans stay up til the small hours to watch games, since evening games in North America mean a midnight start here, and a 1am start in mainland Europe.

mckly 09-15-2007 08:12 PM

i know that it is the same for the first two games of the season to here in North America. I am planning on staying up late to watch the games!

Jonny X 09-20-2007 09:33 AM

Does anyone have a spare ticket for the Saturday night game they want to sell for a reasonable price? :help:

fintan74 09-20-2007 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny X (Post 10472847)
Does anyone have a spare ticket for the Saturday night game they want to sell for a reasonable price? :help:

Well, in fact we have two spare tickets for Saturday and two for Sunday. Two guys of our group are not able to make the trip next weekend, so we have them up for sale.

They are lower bowl tickets and should be good seats. I am happy selling them at face value; they are GBP 72,75 per ticket. They are available for purchase as a set for the Saturday and a set for the Sunday game.

PM or e-mail me if you are interested.

http://www.ijshockey.com/nhl_tickets_saturday.jpg

http://www.ijshockey.com/nhl_tickets_sunday.jpg

This is the seating chart:
http://www.ijshockey.com/nhl_tickets_seating.jpg

fintan74 09-22-2007 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fintan74 (Post 10474771)
Well, in fact we have two spare tickets for Saturday and two for Sunday.

The tickets have now been sold. Thanks for your interest.

Still hope that we can get some people together after the game on Saturday. The Dutch fans coming over are definitely up for it :)

mckly 09-22-2007 10:47 PM

tail gate party! ... oh wait, do europeans even know what those are?

fintan74 09-23-2007 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckly (Post 10503636)
tail gate party! ... oh wait, do europeans even know what those are?

'Party'? Nope, never heard of that... :D

fintan74 09-26-2007 01:49 PM

Location for the meet!

We have a location for the meet! Anyone interested in having a beer with some other hockey fans after Saturday's NHL-game is invited to come to The Sports Cafe at Haymarket. Closest subway station is Piccadilly Circus, so it is a very central location. It is in a sidestreet of the Trocadero.

Saturday is a busy night in London and we have no idea how many people will turn up for this meet, but that pub is a big place and should be able to hold a fair number of fans. At a Sports Cafe the bouncers are also less likely to give you a hard time if you turn up in a hockey-jersey...

There is a GBP 5,- charge to enter the pub after 22:00, but if you come directly from the O2 then you should be there well before that kicks in.

Hope to see you there!

fintan74 09-26-2007 02:21 PM

PS: As the game starts at 17:00, it might be useful to add that The Sports Cafe also serves food. Even more reason to swing by directly after the game :)

mckly 09-26-2007 06:49 PM

i cant wait for this!!