HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Prospect update posted (old thread) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=40825)

Holly Gunning 01-04-2004 06:46 AM

Prospect update posted

Mostly stats, but some notes with it too. The stats from the Q are old since their website is in the middle of a revamp and the stats are not available.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=6564

Holly Gunning 01-07-2004 05:50 PM

I forgot to give the Steve Hartley report.

He's played 8 games to Crawford-West's 12. He's 2-5-1 with a 2.63 GAA and a .885 save percentage. Crawford-West has a 2.48 GAA and a .898 save percentage.

ThrasherB 01-08-2004 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HollyG
I forgot to give the Steve Hartley report.

He's played 8 games to Crawford-West's 12. He's 2-5-1 with a 2.63 GAA and a .885 save percentage. Crawford-West has a 2.48 GAA and a .898 save percentage.

Who's Steve Hartley?

Holly Gunning 01-08-2004 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrasherB
Who's Steve Hartley?

Why, Bob's son of course. He was a prospect camp this year. Thought people would be interested.

Oilers Chick 01-10-2004 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrasherB
Who's Steve Hartley?

He plays for Miami-Ohio (NCAA).

Oilers Chick 01-10-2004 02:13 AM

The Colin Stuart & Brett Sterling update...

Both played well tonight (Friday), especially Stuart.

Sterling: whose small, quick player whose an excellent skater had a few battles with Minnesota Dmen Keith Ballard and Chris Harrington, who were all over him in the game.

Stuart: The man was all over the ice in the game. He's a smart player who reads plays quite well. An excellent skater that's good both offensively and defensively.

If you want to read further on how both players did and how the game went, please check out my Game Notes (1/9): Minnesota vs. Colorado College thread over on the NCAA boards.

Holly Gunning 01-10-2004 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oilers Chick
He plays for Miami-Ohio (NCAA).

Oops, I forgot to include that detail.

Bronco-Buster 01-12-2004 01:30 PM

Pat Dwyer was the CCHA Offensive Player of the Week. He had 2 goals & 3 assists in a sweep of UAF.

Demandred 01-15-2004 07:17 AM

Tobias Enström is +10, which is best on his team.

Oilers Chick 01-24-2004 04:03 AM

Gajic notched a goal in the game vs. WMU tonight (1/23).

Oilers Chick 02-14-2004 01:32 AM

Gajic & Sipotz updates:

I caught the Miami-Ohio/Michigan game earlier tonight. So here's a (brief) observation on two Thrashers' NCAA prospects: Michigan center Milan Gajic and Miami-Ohio defenseman Brian Sipotz.

Milan Gajic - Had a very good game. He didn't score nor get any points tonight but that wasn't due to a lack of trying. He played very well on a line with T. J. Hensick and Andrew Ebbett (I believe they were his linemates) tonight. Gajic had one glorious chance to score due a Miami-Ohio defensive error but ended up having the puck ring off the post instead.

Brian Sipotz - There are BIG players in the NCAA and then there's Brian Sipotz. IMO, he's the BIGGEST current NCAA player whose an NHL prospect...and there aren't many (if any) players in all of the NCAA who are as big as this guy is. This guy is a freakin' house!!! The Miami-Ohio roster listing has him at 6'7" & 245lbs. IMO, the listing has him a little on the slim side. He looks more like about 255 maybe 260 (think of Zdeno Chara's height with Georges Laraque's weight at the beginning of the this season and you have an idea of what Brian Sipotz looks like). He's not particularly a great skater. He's ok, but on the slow side. He's very strong and tough move off the puck. Michigan has some big, strong forwards on their team and even those guys had a tough time getting around Sipotz. He's primarily a defensive defenseman.

Robertsson 4-ever 02-14-2004 08:25 AM

Tobias Enström has also played a lot with former NHLer Hans Jonsson (Pittsburgh) this season wich gives him great experience for the future. The key for young defensemen to make impact is to have the right mentor as partner, and Enström have found someone who could teach him the NA game.

Kevin Forbes 02-20-2004 11:36 AM

The Mooseheads are experimenting with Jimmy Sharrow as a forward. He played with Petr Vrana and Jan Steber in a 3-2 loss against Moncton on Wednesday and had a goal and an assist.

Holly Gunning 02-20-2004 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forbesy
The Mooseheads are experimenting with Jimmy Sharrow as a forward.

I don't think the Thrashers are going to be very happy about that.

Oilers Chick 02-23-2004 03:02 AM

Excellent Game for Jimmy Slater

:handclap:

I caught the MSU/UNO game on Saturday and what an outing for Jimmy Slater. He was fabulous, notching 3 assists! Colton Fretter also played a good game. If you want to read further about what happened in the game and how it went, including Slater and Fretter's performances, please check out my Game Notes (2/21): Michigan State vs. Nebraska-Omaha over on the NCAA boards.