HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   which Ranger would you like to have a beer with? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=408307)

BklyNYR4Life 08-07-2007 11:48 AM

which Ranger would you like to have a beer with?

if you're at your local watering hole, taking in a beer, which Ranger would you want to randomly walk into the bar? theres tons of characters on the team and probably good drinkers!

FutureGM97 08-07-2007 11:50 AM

i would definitely like to hang with Henrik at a bar- he probably has some crazy stories from his hockey days and his days being in a rock and roll band :yo:

otterulz 08-07-2007 11:54 AM

Hank; just because you know a ton of chicks would surround us (him) and maybe he'd even let me have one.

Balej20* 08-07-2007 11:55 AM

Avery, no doubt. That guys gotta be awesome to chill with.

KreiMeARiver 08-07-2007 11:57 AM

Definitely Henrik, Avery, or Jagr.

It's definitely possible to run into the Czechs if drinking in Astoria.

Jungosi 08-07-2007 11:57 AM

Hank or Avery , i wouldn't mind him bringing his girlfriend.

JayMan82 08-07-2007 12:04 PM

Shanny, no doubt...

Forechecker 08-07-2007 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayMan82 (Post 10126581)
Shanny, no doubt...

Ditto, you know the man knows his way around a bar. Also, Jags just because he's probably really funny with a couple in him.

JR#9* 08-07-2007 12:06 PM

you have to go with the Irishman---Shanny!

Nich 08-07-2007 12:06 PM

henrik, shanny, drury, callahan, girardi, tuts.

in that order

Lion Hound 08-07-2007 12:10 PM

Already had beers with Liffiton, Callahan, Dawes, Jessiman, Ortmeyer, Hollweg, Betts, and Henrik. Of all of them Hollweg and Ortmeyer were the nicest, Liffiton was the biggest charachter though. Funny guy, loved to bust everyones chops.

Would like to have a beer with Orr though. He wasn't there at the time.

Melrose_Jr. 08-07-2007 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otterulz (Post 10126493)
Hank; just because you know a ton of chicks would surround us (him) and maybe he'd even let me have one.

I can assure you that hanging out with Henrik would instantly render you invisible to women.

Sandis Ozolinsh, hands down. ;)

Larry Melnyk 08-07-2007 12:15 PM

The one Ranger I WOULDN'T want to share a beer with is HOLLWEG...Not with the alleged urinating problems of last year...But seriosuly, even for an old relic like me, Hollwegs seems like he would be a blast to have a few beers with..Maybe get him to do that pregame dance or something...

alucard 08-07-2007 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. (Post 10126633)
I can assure you that hanging out with Henrik would instantly render you invisible to women.

Sandis Ozolinsh, hands down. ;)

I have a feeling Ozo skips the beer and heads right for the hard stuff :D

HockeyBasedNYC 08-07-2007 12:34 PM

Shanny.

SpeedSkatOrr 08-07-2007 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk (Post 10126704)
The one Ranger I WOULDN'T want to share a beer with is HOLLWEG...Not with the alleged urinating problems of last year...But seriosuly, even for an old relic like me, Hollwegs seems like he would be a blast to have a few beers with..Maybe get him to do that pregame dance or something...

Out of all the guys that we got to hang out with, Hollweg, Strudwick, Rucinsky and Orty were the most approachable and by far the friendliest when you talk to them at a bar. Aaron Ward was great too when he was here. As people, those were the friendliest to fans. While most players (ie: Marcel Hossa) would walk away from me because I couldn't find his player page in the media guide for him to sign, Aaron Ward found it for me! I can't say anything bad about him, he just didn't get along with Jagr.

Orr, Prucha and Cullen were great too .. outside of the bar element!

I Am Chariot 08-07-2007 12:36 PM

Interesting question........

I do a weekly gig at the Tavern in the Marriot near the GB training center. When I took the gig I was told the Rangers and Knicks come in there semi frequently after practices, especially during camp

I have seen Knicks but no Rangers.

My gig is off for August and picks up again in Sept, so who knows.....

As for who to have that beer with.....

I 'd be happy to have a beer with any of them from Sather right on down to whoever sharpens the skates

NYRJurgen88 08-07-2007 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FutureGM97 (Post 10126457)
i would definitely like to hang with Henrik at a bar- he probably has some crazy stories from his hockey days and his days being in a rock and roll band :yo:

it would be Hank for me too. He'd get all the hot women swarming around the place, the ladies love Hank!!!! wasnt he in America's hot 100?

if not Hank then maybe Jagr, his wit the last fews years has improved!!!

I Am Chariot 08-07-2007 01:13 PM

Well they would be welcome to sit in and jam with the band. I can promise that. The Tavern is real low key as well. Its a coporate hotel with great facilities but a salad will cost you $18

singing Neil Young tunes with the band is free!

Son of Steinbrenner 08-07-2007 01:18 PM

Shanny...i would ask him why after claiming this is the only place he wanted to sign did he SIGN FOR MORE MONEY then he did last year? I'd ask him if he realizes that his loyalty act doesn't play with all the fans....that some of us see right through him and the reasons he came to the Rangers...

blue2noise 08-07-2007 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner (Post 10127498)
Shanny...i would ask him why after claiming this is the only place he wanted to sign did he SIGN FOR MORE MONEY then he did last year? I'd ask him if he realizes that his loyalty act doesn't play with all the fans....that some of us see right through him and the reasons he came to the Rangers...

:shakehead

Fletch 08-07-2007 01:30 PM

Not too sure...

I can drink beer with almost anyone though. To be honest, there still isn't a guy like a Graves, Mess, Richter or Leetch with whom I've connected.

Renney=Savior* 08-07-2007 01:36 PM

Malik or Kasparitus two sick fu*ks in the funny way.

cmdevisser 08-07-2007 01:44 PM

if avery brought elisha cutherburt with him, it's avery no contest

HenrikO'doyle 08-07-2007 01:46 PM

Shanahan, the Irishman no doubt.

Also jagr, Orr, Hollweg and Avery would be cool.