HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Who is more likely to get 80pts ? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=413422)

OnePoll* 08-26-2007 12:50 PM

Who is more likely to get 80pts ?

In the next 2-3 season which player is more likely to get 80pts and + ?

A-Plekanec
B-Higgins
C-Kostitsyn A.
D-Latendresse
E-Kostitsyn S.
F-Grabovsky

I don't know how to make a poll on the Habs forum so, sorry about that.

Madevilz 08-26-2007 12:56 PM

A. Kost without a doubt.

Le Tricolore 08-26-2007 12:57 PM

For this upcoming season? Higgins, I'd say.

Pierre Dagenais 08-26-2007 01:01 PM

A.Kostitsyn for me

68 08-26-2007 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Tricolore (Post 10267815)
For this upcoming season? Higgins, I'd say.

Yep. And in 2-3 seasons I would pick AK46.

mtl_felix 08-26-2007 01:08 PM

A Kostitsyn

WeThreeKings 08-26-2007 01:11 PM

All of the above.

And I'm not joking.

But as for MORE likely? Andrei Kostitsyn.

ChemiseBleuHonnete 08-26-2007 01:18 PM

hard to say... I would say none of them.

DrMailloux 08-26-2007 01:32 PM

Carey price, he is our next regular 50 goal scorer.

greyboy67 08-26-2007 01:44 PM

A tall order, considering the last time it happened was in 1996-97 when Vinnie Damphousse had 81 points and Mark Recchi got 80.

Saku got close last year, but I have a hunch he's peaked in terms of stats.

If anyone does it I would have to say Plekanec. Higgins is going to score more goals, but he hasn't shown the ability to put up assists. Too early to tell with Kostitsyn.

The last time more than two Canadiens put up 80 or more points was 1992-93:

Damphousse, 97
Muller, 94
Bellows, 88
Lebeau, 80

Not coincidentally, that was also the last time Montreal won the Stanley Cup.

wedge 08-26-2007 01:53 PM

I'm going with A. Kostitsyn

Ohashi_Jouzu 08-26-2007 01:54 PM

I'll go with Kosty Sr. or Higgins since they have the best chance of being on the first line for most of the next 2-3 years.

Maitz 08-26-2007 01:56 PM

None of the above

but I would really love to see AK do 80 pts next season , we will stop hearing '' Why habs choose AK over Carter , Getzlaf ''

Quote:

Originally Posted by beauvafr (Post 10268121)
Lebeau, 80... interesting! Is it this guy's brother trying to make a NHL comeback right now ?

yeah Patrick Lebeau is trying to make a comeback at 37 years old

Robiyardov 08-26-2007 02:09 PM

Who ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onepoll (Post 10267775)

A-Plekanec
B-Higgins
C-Kostitsyn A.
D-Latendresse
E-Kostitsyn S.
F-Grabovsky

Alright.
Out of all these guys, the only one who should reach that, whether it is this, next or in two years, is Andre´ Kostitsyn.

He has all the tools. He's an elite playmaker to-become (in my mind). He can clearly skate, take some abuse and he can shoot it like few. He's breaking out this year with 70+ points, I'd venture to say.

Chris Higgins is a 30/30 players to me. His drive and dedication will have him go towards 40/25 within the next 2 years.

I am uncertain about Guillaume Latendresse. He's tough to call because of his slow speed. He clearly has other things going than his size. He's a force, but packaged with soft hands and blessed with playmaking abilities... He could develop into a approx 70-points player, but I don't know how much his speed is gonna factor negatively yet.

Tomas Plekanec is a 65-points pivot at max. He should give you numerous near 60-points season while being on the +/- side because of two-way play dedication.

Siarhe´ Kostitsyn was a scoring machine at the junior level. If he adapts to the NHL, I can't see him being anything else than that. He seems, to me, like the type of players who's going to put points over points in any league he can adapt.
He'd be my second choice as far as 80-points goes...

Mikha´l Grabovski is a player I'd love to see play every night. He's an incredible player to watch, but I have my concern because of the actual lack of size down the middle on the Habs. I have a hard time seing Koivu, Plekanec & Grabovski all pivoting lines in Montreal at the same time. Maybe they'll play him on the left side if he gives them no choice at training camp. Like the younger Kostitsyn, Grabovski should be a multi-points getter if his game translate to the NHL.

In that order:

Andre´
Siarhe´ (my risky pick)
Higgins
Latendresse
Plekanec

**Grabovski would be on-par with Higgins if I had two risky-picks.

With that being said, Higgins is probably the most important players of the bunch.

Lafleurs Guy 08-26-2007 02:14 PM

I think Kostitsyn has the best chance. I do think that Higgins has the potential to be a point per game player as well. I wouldn't write him off just yet.

He'll be a 40 goal scorer someday.

Hotstreak 08-26-2007 02:15 PM

Higgins, then Kost Sr.

Mackee 08-26-2007 02:29 PM

A. Kostitsyn is the only one I can see doing this and I doubt it'll be in the next 2-3 years.

In fact, I don't really see any of these guys hitting 80 points. I really hope I'm wrong but I think most of them will top out around 60-70.

bigbeni 08-26-2007 02:30 PM

A. Kostitsyn has to play in the first 2 lines

Mackee 08-26-2007 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beauvafr (Post 10268397)
Why are you guys are all choosing A. kostitsyn ?

This guys seemed to miss every opportunity the team gave him, seems unconsistent even at Hamilton, and show a so slooooooow development for his age, some even think he might be too late for him.

I doesn't expect him to break anything next year. what make you think the other way ?

I used to think the same way you did. Until I saw him play last year. He's finally using his linemates and to me, has matured. So what if he develops slower than others? It took Todd Bertuzzi seven seasons to hit 80 points. Michael Ryder was in the ECHL not too long ago, and I don't think many of us saw him scoring 30 goals in his first three seasons in Montreal. These are just two examples out of many. I'm not saying he's going to lead our team in points. But if he plays like he did at the end of last season, he'll be a fixture in our top six.

peterpatter* 08-26-2007 03:18 PM

Alexxxxxxxxxxxx Kovalevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv :yo:

peperebougon* 08-26-2007 03:23 PM

I would definately go with our own necro Janne Lahti since he reached level 56.

Kafka 08-26-2007 03:27 PM

Chris Higgins and Andrei Kostitsyn have the better chances IMO... but the guy that will center them will have even more points, and it won't be Grabovski or Plekanec.

ChemiseBleuHonnete 08-26-2007 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafka (Post 10268691)
Chris Higgins and Andrei Kostitsyn have the better chances IMO... but the guy that will center them will have even more points, and it won't be Grabovski or Plekanec.

and, how's gonna center them?

ECWHSWI 08-26-2007 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beauvafr (Post 10268397)
Why are you guys are all choosing A. kostitsyn ?

This guys seemed to miss every opportunity the team gave him, seems unconsistent even at Hamilton, and show a so slooooooow development for his age, some even think he might be too late for him.

I doesn't expect him to break anything next year. what make you think the other way ?

at the same age Kostytsin is right now Plekanec and Higgins were still AHLers, Lapierre just started and is a tad older, Komisarek started with the Habs at about the same age, Markov and Ryder were older when they became full time Habs same for Koivu, Latendresse was only a year younger (played his first games at 19 while Kost was 20 when he played his first games)...

so you were saying...

Souffle 08-26-2007 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchise player (Post 10268711)
and, how's gonna center them?

Maxwell, in 2 years.