HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Marcel Hossa (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=41379)

habsfan11 01-06-2004 05:32 AM

Marcel Hossa

Whats happened to this kid, some of us had him playing on the 1st line before the season started, now he has seemed to have fallen of the radar.

How do you think it will be, before he gets his act together and starts playing to the best of his ability, if ever.

btw theres a good article on him:
http://www.canada.com/montreal/sport...0-128BACED5BB4

Darz 01-06-2004 05:38 AM

I don't think Hossa has fallen off the habs radar, I do beleive he does need some more seasoning til he becomes a full time NHL'er.
His situation is very similiar to Ron Hainsey. Both seem to have shown the skills to play in the NHL but neither has shown the consistancy to earn a spot with the big club. In both cases I don't believe it is time to hit the panic button, but if nothing changes with either in the next 12 months, I'll be ready to press that button.

Mooch 01-06-2004 05:42 AM

I think he will be just fine and thrive if put back to his natural position, C. I dont think he is comfortable on the wing, and thats why his game has not been up to par with what he is capable of.

Istvan 01-06-2004 06:18 AM

I have to agree with Darz and Mooch. Hossa needs to be @ center and regain his confidence. Jarvis can help him. He's still young and it's too early to discount him.

Habnot 01-06-2004 06:46 AM

Did anyone catch Bob Gainey's comments yesterday about Hossa? If I was Marcel I would be very worried. Bob said that there were 6-7 players in Hamilton that could step in with the Habs but Marcel was not one of them. Inconsistancy is his biggest weakness.

Joe Cole 01-06-2004 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habnot
Did anyone catch Bob Gainey's comments yesterday about Hossa? If I was Marcel I would be very worried. Bob said that there were 6-7 players in Hamilton that could step in with the Habs but Marcel was not one of them. Inconsistancy is his biggest weakness.

Inconsistancy or lack of intensity....

I guess he doesn't want it enough.

can anyone say Fedor Federov?

Shazbot 01-06-2004 07:20 AM

Quote:

Did Gainey actually go out of his way to exclude Hossa from the list of 6-7 players he was talking about?

goalchenyuk 01-06-2004 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shazbot
Did Gainey actually go out of his way to exclude Hossa from the list of 6-7 players he was talking about?

Gainey is not the kind of guy who's talking just for fun ;everytime he say something , it's because he thinks he need it .

I think that Hossa is a deceiving player by now , so Gainey wanted to shaked him , to kicked his azz by telling that...

Habsaku 01-06-2004 07:26 AM

Quote:

I'm pretty sure he did, saying he was at the same point as when he was demoted.

Marc the Habs Fan 01-06-2004 08:50 AM

Hossa can respond to BG's comments by :

a: working as hard as he ever has

b: have this become yet another blow to his fragile confidence and dissapear off the radar even more.

we shall see

tinyzombies 01-06-2004 09:49 AM

Quote:

Sounds like he's a big Hossa fan to me! Seriously. He went out of his way to exclude him. I think he's just kicking him in the pants. Hossa seems like the type of player that constantly needs to be prodded. I think they're just trying to get him mentally tougher.

Joe Cole 01-06-2004 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raketheleaves
Sounds like he's a big Hossa fan to me! Seriously. He went out of his way to exclude him. I think he's just kicking him in the pants. Hossa seems like the type of player that constantly needs to be prodded. I think they're just trying to get him mentally tougher.

hmmm....maybe your right.

Habnot 01-07-2004 05:53 AM

Quote:

I'm not sure Gainey is a tough love kind of guy. I think he just calls things as they are. He purposely named Hossa saying that if he would call Jarvis for a player, Hossa would not be on that list and there were 6-7 players ahead. This sounds like the beginning of the end.

Also, it's not as if the Habs need desperately for Hossa to develop. With Perezhogin, Balej, Higgins, and Kats all projected as wingers Hossa's development is not as crucial.

tinyzombies 01-07-2004 06:02 AM

Quote:

I'm not sure Gainey is a tough love kind of guy. I think he just calls things as they are. He purposely named Hossa saying that if he would call Jarvis for a player, Hossa would not be on that list and there were 6-7 players ahead. This sounds like the beginning of the end.

Also, it's not as if the Habs need desperately for Hossa to develop. With Perezhogin, Balej, Higgins, and Kats all projected as wingers Hossa's development is not as crucial.

I disagree. Hossa is the only guy with size, tho Kastitsyn will probably fill out and become a bit stocky from the looks of him.

We're shaping up to be a small team again, which is not good obviously, unless these guys all turn into Milan Hejduk or something. I'm not sold on Ward at all and Kilger has no edge to his game.

Also, our defense is thin down the line. Long way to go.

All-Star 01-07-2004 06:15 AM

Quote:

Any GM worth two cents wouldn't publicly single out a player like that unless it was to prod him to work harder. If he were about to give up on the player, he would never mention the player's weaknesses; he'd only mention his strengths so he might find a sucker to trade him to. Obviously Gainey thinks Hossa has the assets to play for the Habs someday. Now it is up to Hossa to prove Gainey right or wrong.

markov` 01-07-2004 08:40 AM

I think that if Gainey needs to put a youngster in a trade for a big right handed-center (just an example :P), it will be Marcel Hossa. He still have a good value and doesn't fit in the plans of the organization anymore.

Team_Spirit 01-07-2004 11:37 AM

good read , they say his problem is between the ears and that he try too much to do like his brother .

Guy Caballero 01-07-2004 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markov`
I think that if Gainey needs to put a youngster in a trade for a big right handed-center (just an example :P), it will be Marcel Hossa. He still have a good value and doesn't fit in the plans of the organization anymore.

What about Hossa + Perreault + a pick for Jeff O'Neill?

Rumours are swirling about O'Neill going to the Bruins. I would hate for this to happen and would love for the Habs to snatch him from under their noses. The above package would probably be a little thin, but I would be willing to upgrade, perhaps even include Hainsey if they offered a D-man in return. O'Neill would be a force on this Hab team with his speed, grit, and scoring. Put him on line one and move Bulis down to line three and we become a MUCH more dangerous team offensively.

Habnot 01-07-2004 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raketheleaves
I disagree. Hossa is the only guy with size, tho Kastitsyn will probably fill out and become a bit stocky from the looks of him.

We're shaping up to be a small team again, which is not good obviously, unless these guys all turn into Milan Hejduk or something. I'm not sold on Ward at all and Kilger has no edge to his game.

Also, our defense is thin down the line. Long way to go.

Out of all the prospects only Balej can be considered small. Perezhogin, Higgins and Katz are all stocky and play strong on the puck. I would not worry.

Rahan 01-07-2004 01:42 PM

Quote:

Out of all the prospects only Balej can be considered small. Perezhogin, Higgins and Katz are all stocky and play strong on the puck. I would not worry.

Balej is 6'01.

Marc the Habs Fan 01-07-2004 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahan
Balej is 6'01.

and about 180 pounds....he needs to add at least 15 pounds IMO.

Mike8 01-07-2004 02:38 PM

Balej adding 15lbs may result in his speed and/or acceleration being hindered.

On the whole, I'm loving how Hab fans sat on this forum claiming they'd be ready and willing to go through a rebuilding process. And the Habs haven't even gone through a real rebuilding process, and fans are already up in arms about a prospect that hasn't made the NHL within 3 years after being drafted.

Marc the Habs Fan 01-07-2004 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike8
Balej adding 15lbs may result in his speed and/or acceleration being hindered.

Could be, but he looks pretty thin to me and needs a bit of meat in the upper body.

skidboot 01-07-2004 05:37 PM

Hossa....the next Eric Chouinard???

lets hope not.

Hossa has alot, ALOT of work to do.

Uber Coca 01-07-2004 06:06 PM

Did we ever tried Hossa on center? Isn't that what we need, size at center?