HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Lundmark looking forward..... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=41423)

ihatenewjersey 01-06-2004 08:06 AM

Lundmark looking forward.....

ok, when he comes back, or even say he came back today, if we are in the same situation we are in right now, we are full with jed playing well and pascal and hlavac and lacky, where does he fit and who do we dangle around w/ trades, not many have any value- except maybe lundy and ort, who goes down or what- what are we gonna do???

SingnBluesOnBroadway 01-06-2004 08:12 AM

I would guess that there will be a trade or Sather waives Hlavac.

I would even consider trading Nedved and playing Lundmark at second line center.

My best guess is he would play on the left with Nedved or on the right with Holik.

allrevvedup25 01-06-2004 08:21 AM

When Lundmark comes back, I would like to see these lines.

Kovalev-Lindros-Lundmark
Rucinsky-Holik-Ortmeyer
Simon-Nedved-Carter
Barnaby-Messier-Lacouture

and play them in that order, except put Holik's line checking the other teams best line. Its time to try Kovie and Lindros again and I think with Lundmark coming back and wanting to prove a point, it just might work!!!

allrevvedup25 01-06-2004 08:23 AM

Anyways, how is Lundy doing?? Haven't heard anything regarding his rehab or his return date.

King Nothing* 01-06-2004 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihatenewjersey
ok, when he comes back, or even say he came back today, if we are in the same situation we are in right now, we are full with jed playing well and pascal and hlavac and lacky, where does he fit and who do we dangle around w/ trades, not many have any value- except maybe lundy and ort, who goes down or what- what are we gonna do???

Looks like Halavac will have to go. He SUCKS!

LondonFan 01-06-2004 08:41 AM

I thought this was gonna be a link to an article about Lundmark lokoing forward to being traded.

Fletch 01-06-2004 10:17 AM

Allrev...

just to tinker with your lines...Kovalev on the right, Lundmark on the left. Barnaby on the right too.

Of course, though, it doesn't matter. I don't see Simon and Nedved meshing well, nor would it matter if Barnaby or Lacouture were there, because they too wouldn't mesh well with Nedved either.

As for Lundmark at center...I don't feel too comfortable with him there. I'm still thinking his best-suited for the wing, and personally I think he's played better on the left side as opposed to the right side. From day 1 I would've liked to've seen Lundmark-Lindros-Kovalev, and still would. And I'm a bit surprised that with Kovalev slumping, and Lindros playing well, that Sather hasn't at least tried Lindros-Kovalev (I guess he's thinking those 2-3 games last season in which Kovalev played the uncomforatble left side of Lindros, with a disinterested Carter to the right, was enough for him).

allrevvedup25 01-06-2004 10:36 AM

Thanks for the tinkering with the lines Fletch but I wasn't stating positions, just the players on the lines but I agree with Kovie on the right and Lundmark on the left. I think Simon has played well with everyone he has played with, I figure he could get Nedved and Carter playing well and if they won't, maybe he will beat the living crap out them both and maybe he will intimidate them to play to there max. :p

Bure9* 01-06-2004 10:38 AM

The only thing Lundmark should be looking forward to is Hartford. There's no room on this team for a young player. He'll get his shot when he's 30.

allrevvedup25 01-06-2004 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bure9
The only thing Lundmark should be looking forward to is Hartford. There's no room on this team for a young player. He'll get his shot when he's 30.

Lundy won't be going to Hartford except for a conditioning stint because he has to pass through waivers I believe and he definitely would be picked up.

JCProdigy 01-06-2004 03:32 PM

When Lundmark does return after is obligatory two week conditioning stint in Hartford, I fear the that Sather will "ease him" into the lineup which in all reality means that he will be sitting some games on the bench and when he gets in, will be on a fourth line playing minimal minutes. Of course factors like how Lundmark plays while in Hartford, how pissed Sather is at Hlavac, and how dire the Rangers playoff situation is at the time, will determine his position with the team.

My guess would be that Hlavac, D-Lac, Rheume or Ortmeyer would be one of the guys moved/sent down when Lundmark comes back.

Fletch 01-07-2004 10:27 AM

Here's the double-edged sword...

imagine the Rangers start playing well. Start winning, etc. What are the chances Sather tinkers with the lineup at all and puts in Jamie? Best Jamie can hope for if he wants to be a Ranger is the Rangers go on a tear, then lose a few lackluster games in a row where someone like Carter sucks it up, and somehow gets inserted. Barring an injury, it will be tough to get in the lineup of a winning team (imagine that) since he really didn't have a solid position, and if the team is losing horribly, he'll very possibly be traded.