HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Breakout Help!!!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=414765)

yotesfan92 08-30-2007 08:46 PM

Breakout Help!!!!

My team has the weakest breakout ever, our wingers are getting pancaked to the boards (ya, we hired a water boy to scrape them off the boards with a spatula:sarcasm:). Anybody have any links to good breakouts or anybody have their own personal favorite?? :help:

XweekendwarriorX 08-30-2007 09:28 PM

Have the wingers cross at the blue line and cut up hard as soon as you hit the circle and have the center curl towards the side of the player making the breakout pass. also if you cant make a pass tell your defense to just skate it and suck a defender in and make the pass to the open man or go around him. but that cross and curl breakout only works when your forwards hustle to cross and if they can really catch a pass. catching a pass is the key to a breakout.

sc37 08-30-2007 10:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 24644

Quick diagram....hope you can figure it out. But you want your D partner to cover the front of the net, but also be ready for a reverse pass in case there's an opposing player very deep all over you. In this example, skate towards the LW who is gonna crack down and be your first option for a pass while the C and RW make a curl and get open of the 2nd pass. The winger can then make a decision to skate it up him or herself, but also should have options rushing up the ice. But if option #1, the LW is covered, you should also have your 2nd option, the C to shoot a pass to. Last option is the RW cross the ice. If all else fails make sure you D dumps it high off the glass and have your forwards forecheck like crazy.

XweekendwarriorX 08-30-2007 11:01 PM

I like that break out but if u had that defenseman in front of the net go to the RW boards that creates an option right there only if there is not much pressure on your defense and if you do pass to him he can skate if he has the wheels or he can hit the RW or C that should be going up ice and if all that fails that LW should be wide open or atleast not be covered or watched to much by the back checkers.

yotesfan92 08-31-2007 08:30 PM

Thanks for the help guys!! My coach developed a new breakout similar to XweekendwarriorsX but the wingers cross right in front of the net, catch a pass from the D behind the net, and the center does a button hook to watever side the pass is going to and he recieves a pass and breaks up the centerof the ice. The catch for me is that under pressure situations, you dont have time for you wingers to do a full cross like that. I dont know if it will work, so i still need more input. What breakouts do the Pro's like to use?? anybody know??

On Axis 08-31-2007 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc37 (Post 10304639)
Attachment 24644

Quick diagram....hope you can figure it out. But you want your D partner to cover the front of the net, but also be ready for a reverse pass in case there's an opposing player very deep all over you. In this example, skate towards the LW who is gonna crack down and be your first option for a pass while the C and RW make a curl and get open of the 2nd pass. The winger can then make a decision to skate it up him or herself, but also should have options rushing up the ice. But if option #1, the LW is covered, you should also have your 2nd option, the C to shoot a pass to. Last option is the RW cross the ice. If all else fails make sure you D dumps it high off the glass and have your forwards forecheck like crazy.

This is a good breakout. Emphasis on the opposite wing being a last option though, unless there is a clear passing lane to him, and the opposition isn't doing their job. Best of luck to your team though. :)

RangersAM99 09-02-2007 10:46 PM

http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?i...keyplayqq2.png

check that out if u cant understand it oh well but if u can its a very good play that works

Sportacus 09-02-2007 11:52 PM

a great chunk of the answer lies in the skill, speed, and vision of the players involved in the play, presumably at least 1 D and 1 W (usually 2)

XweekendwarriorX 09-03-2007 05:40 PM

The key to a great breakout is the first pass from the d to the winger. if the pass hits him the man in stride it will make it hard for the defenders to get back and might even cause a great scoring chance or 2.