HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Who is available to fill our #1 center Job? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=41544)

Bob A Booey 01-06-2004 02:00 PM

Who is available to fill our #1 center Job?

All this talk about J.A. not coming back made me think..... who can we get to fill the #1 center role? I heard that the Caps were fielding offers for Lang but who is out there and can we get to fit our budget and needs?

David A. Rainer 01-06-2004 02:06 PM

Depending upon just how much room is actually left under the budget, I don't think you can get a #1 center that will fit under the budget. If the Kings get a #1 center, they'd either have to give up the farm to get him or go well over their budget.

David A. Rainer 01-06-2004 02:07 PM

Or you can always get a #2 or #3 center and try to put him on the first line. But then we've been trying that off and on with Belanger for two years now and it hasn't exactly worked.

Or you might be able to get a cast-off or reclamation project like Perreault, but who really wants to go down that road again.

Essentially, what I am trying to say is that you'll either have to pay a lot for a #1 center that can fit into the budget or the player you're getting is not a true #1 center.

Sydor25 01-06-2004 02:11 PM

Jared Aulin

Old Hickory 01-06-2004 02:31 PM

We need someone with some grit. We are way too soft of a team right now

King Blazer 01-06-2004 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breakaway
All this talk about J.A. not coming back made me think..... who can we get to fill the #1 center role? I heard that the Caps were fielding offers for Lang but who is out there and can we get to fit our budget and needs?

It's a done deal and the winner is:

Jozef Stumpel

Link: www.lakings.com/team/player_detail.asp?id=173

David A. Rainer 01-06-2004 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Blazer
It's a done deal and the winner is:

Jozef Stumpel

Link: www.lakings.com/team/player_detail.asp?id=173

I started to laugh until I realized that it was true. Then a feeling of dread consummed me. :eek:

King Blazer 01-06-2004 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove
I started to laugh until I realized that it was true. Then a feeling of dread consummed me. :eek:

I put it up half-jokingly but the same feeling of dread hit me after I hit the Submit Reply button!

punchy1 01-06-2004 08:02 PM

Comrie?
Lang?
Aulin?
Camms?
Straka?
Koivu?

I wonder who will really be available at the deadline when he have yet to see Allison (my aim is true) in a Kings uni and start talking about who is out there for real. I wonder if the heavy up the center Phills will move mad mike. He will be cheap enough and can play the spot. I don't know, wonder who will be there.

If I thought for a minute that we would be relying on Stumbles for our top line I would have run screaming into the dink at the start of the season instead of marking the times when I would get to watch the games. You have to remember, I get the games in the mid afternoon and usually have to stop working to watch them and then, in the evening go back to the shop to finish up. Its a hassle, no whinning though as I try like a screaming mitzy not to miss a drop but it is still happening while I am "supposed" to be at the shed.

Anyone who is an actual NUMBER ONE center will be an upgrade.

kingbrath 01-06-2004 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punchy1

If I thought for a minute that we would be relying on Stumbles for our top line I would have run screaming into the dink at the start of the season

does this sound a bit gay to anyone else???
haha just joking punchy

punchy1 01-07-2004 06:39 AM

left out the R in that mate. DRINK is where I would have run screaming into.

No worries mate.