HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dallas/Boston proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=41582)

Hire Sather 01-06-2004 04:16 PM

Dallas/Boston proposal

To Boston: Sergei Zubov

To Dallas: Nick Boynton, 2nd rounder

Boston needs a player like Zubov.. but are they giving enough?

This just kinda came to me.. i hate both teams :p

neelynugs 01-06-2004 04:21 PM

absurd...
if you're gonna make a proposal, do some research first.
dallas would be lucky to get a 2nd for zubov w/that salary, let alone boynton.

back to fantasy...uh, i mean ranger$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ land.

Aaron Vickers 01-06-2004 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neelynugs
absurd...

I'd bet you see at least, at least a dozen teams take that offer and run for the hills, and personally if my team, Columbus, didn't take that, I'd offer u pone of the old :shakehead

TVanek26* 01-06-2004 04:57 PM

Zubov is a top 10 d-man.I would offer Pyatt straight up.

neelynugs 01-06-2004 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
Zubov is a top 10 d-man.I would offer Pyatt straight up.

zubov makes 6 million dollars per year...i highly doubt that regier would offer up a young/cheap player with lots of upside for him

Peter 01-06-2004 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nYr LunDmArK 21
To Boston: Sergei Zubov

To Dallas: Nick Boynton, 2nd rounder

Boston needs a player like Zubov.. but are they giving enough?

This just kinda came to me.. i hate both teams :p

How about Samsanov and Boyton to Dallas with Arnott and Zubov going to Boston??? That makes more sense. No?

Ajacied 01-06-2004 09:20 PM

Zubov is an elite defenseman and plays a dying style. Ofcourse he has struggled this season, which Dallas Star hasn't, but the Stars can not deal Zubov, not even if it were impossible to make the playoffs, which actually seems like it. There's no one on the Stars that can log as many minutes as him, our PP would stink even more, our PK would be downgraded, our transition game would dissapear completely, etc.. Come in a year or two when the Stars years of contending are officially over, but right now, you do not deal a top notch #1 for a #4, albeit a younger and cheaper defenseman. I've been grossly dissapointed by Nick this season as well, I'm starting to question his potential.

Ajacied 01-06-2004 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter
How about Samsanov and Boyton to Dallas with Arnott and Zubov going to Boston??? That makes more sense. No?

How? Substract our only center who's more then decent in the circle, one who's got the complete package, one who creates a massive hole if he left? How is that an option in the first place? Samsonov is nice, but he doesn't add much to our line up and Zubov/Boynton is explained above.

The Stars will do everything to make the final 8 in the West, they will likely make a deal or two to add some needed offensive spark, but they'd substract as minimal talent as possible trying to do so.

andora 01-06-2004 11:59 PM

no matter what kind of dman zubov is or how he's playing this year, he' d get a better return then this, atleast a good prospect rather than the second rounder, that would be the breaker right there

Hire Sather 01-07-2004 12:36 PM

Quote:

absurd...

why dont you do some research on how good Zubov is.. everyone here seems to think Dallas isnt getting enough. Shut up and dont thrash my proposals or question my hockey knowledge.

neelynugs 01-07-2004 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nYr LunDmArK 21
why dont you do some research on how good Zubov is.. everyone here seems to think Dallas isnt getting enough. Shut up and dont thrash my proposals or question my hockey knowledge.

"everyone" must be right then (eye rolling guy). "everyone" also adds up to what, 5 people? i stated my opinion, and i stand behind it. go lindros!! :eek:

OttMorrow 01-07-2004 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter

Arnott>Samsonov
Zubov>Boynton

So...........no.

Hire Sather 01-07-2004 03:15 PM

Quote:

"everyone" must be right then (eye rolling guy). "everyone" also adds up to what, 5 people? i stated my opinion, and i stand behind it. go lindros!! :eek:

go samsonov!! :eek:

Ozy_Flame 01-07-2004 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OttMorrow
Arnott>Samsonov

That's debateable. In terms of raw talent, there is no question Sammy brings much more to the table. However, I do understand Arnott brings a great leadership and defensive capacity to the game, which is definetely an asset as well.

Still, I'd take Samsonov nine times out of ten.