HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Calgary's Healthy Lineup.... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=41604)

kruezer 01-06-2004 05:34 PM

Calgary's Healthy Lineup....

Well just for discussions sake, lets say we somehow get everyone back healthy hows this for a lineup?

Reinprecht-Conroy-Iginla
Saprykin-Lombardi-McAmmond
Gelinas-Yelle-Donovan
Oliwa-Betts-Clark
Lowry and Kobasew or Green in the PB with one in the minors

Leopold-Regehr
Lydman-Ference
Gauthier-Warrener
Montador in the PB

Turek
Kiprusoff

I like the looks of this as a healthy lineup....
Starting with the Goalies we could have a solid plutoon situation and perhaps the defensive play of this team could increase Turek's stock enough to actually get something for him.

The defense is basically set until next training camp.

With the forwards the only thing I may change would be Lombardi and Conroy depending on chemistry really, and who is producing. I think switching McAmmond to the RW would really help, I know it's not natural for him, but hey neither was center and he did just fine. This would allow us to alternate out Kobasew or even send him down, which may be better for him in the long run, but if he can take a spot, so be it. The bottom six is pretty solid IMO, nice checking line with solid offense and a good sparkplug/tough fourt line.

Ideas? I like it personally.

Michalek 01-06-2004 06:55 PM

I would go with

Saprykin-Reinprecht-Iginla
McAmmond-Conroy-Donovan
Gelinas-Yelle-Clark
Green/Oliwa-Lombardi-Kobasew
extra Lowry and Betts (he wont be back this season)

icarus 01-06-2004 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kruezer
The defense is basically set until next training camp.

Indeed, which is why I think it would be silly to trade Gauthier this season (especially without much current depth).

Red Bull 01-06-2004 07:49 PM

Saprykin's gotta stay on the first line. It's his to lose I think.

kruezer 01-06-2004 07:55 PM

Hmmm... how about this....

Saprykin-Lombardi-Iginla
Reinprecht-Conroy-McAmmond
Gelinas-Yelle-Donovan
Oliwa-Betts-Clark
Lowry/Green/Kobasew

??

Flame^thrower 01-09-2004 06:55 PM

Yes there is definitely some nice options with a healthy line up. I hope the boys can last until the others get back and hopefully make the playoffs with a healthy line up. I really think with Sutters style that they have been playing they could go a ways in the playoffs!! Hope so!!

the-rasta-masta 01-11-2004 06:55 PM

Saprykin Reinprecht Iginla
McAmmond Conroy Lombardi
Gelinas Yelle Donovan
Kobasew Betts Clark

Lowry Green Oliwa

Gauthier Lydman
Leopold Regher
Warrener Ference
Montador

Turek
Kiprusoff
Mclennan

Jared Ramsden 01-12-2004 04:37 PM

I think it's going to be hard to move McAmmond back to the wing with the way he's played at center. I have a feeling Betts won't be back in the near future, but with Conroy and Yelle likely both back this week, I'd still keep McAmmond at center. I don't know what the lines would be like, but I don't think you move McAmmond out of the center spot, especially with the way he, Iggy and Saprykin have been lately.....

kruezer 01-12-2004 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calgary Devil
I think it's going to be hard to move McAmmond back to the wing with the way he's played at center. I have a feeling Betts won't be back in the near future, but with Conroy and Yelle likely both back this week, I'd still keep McAmmond at center. I don't know what the lines would be like, but I don't think you move McAmmond out of the center spot, especially with the way he, Iggy and Saprykin have been lately.....

Hmmmm....okay, how about this (minus Betts, who I am definetaly worried about as well)

Saprykin-McAmmond-Iginla
Reinprecht-Lombardi-Kobasew
Green-Conroy-Donovan
Gelinas-Yelle-Clark

It leaves out Oliwa, but :dunno:

icarus 01-12-2004 08:08 PM

I would think you'd have to put the Gelinas-Conroy-Donovan line back together, no?

kruezer 01-12-2004 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icarus
I would think you'd have to put the Gelinas-Conroy-Donovan line back together, no?

Well I'm not sure, I was debating that one, Yelle and Green do seem to get some chem though, and Clark always seems to end up with Yelle so that could work.

FLAMESFAN 01-14-2004 06:19 AM

Mc Ammond at center kinda screws up the lines when healthy. I think he'll be back at centre.
Wasn't it McAmmond who played with Connie and Donovan when they were hot, not Gelinas?

So.....

Sappy Rein Iggy Puts the most gifted offensive guys all on the first line
McA Connie Dono Hopefully Connie and Dono can get their groove back
Gel Yelle Clark Line has good chem
Loyns Lomb Kob I think Loyns has made the team (ahead of Green)
Oliwa