HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   No ice (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=416164)

Phoenix 09-05-2007 06:55 AM

No ice
 
Pretty simple but I'm really not sure....when the ref/linesman calls "no ice" - is that meaning simply that they're not going to call for icing? Or that it wasn't icing? And so that means the game continues?

Whenever I'm chasing one of the Ds into their defensive zone, sometimes I hear that called, and then I falter because I don't know whether to continue chasing, or whether if I do I'll look like an idiot for not stopping when play seems to have stopped.

Pangolin 09-05-2007 08:16 AM

"No Ice" means no icing. So keep chasing.

Selanne00008 09-05-2007 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix (Post 10341249)
Pretty simple but I'm really not sure....when the ref/linesman calls "no ice" - is that meaning simply that they're not going to call for icing? Or that it wasn't icing? And so that means the game continues?

Whenever I'm chasing one of the Ds into their defensive zone, sometimes I hear that called, and then I falter because I don't know whether to continue chasing, or whether if I do I'll look like an idiot for not stopping when play seems to have stopped.

Keep truckin'.

No Ice means they waved it off when there may have been a chance it would have been called (Say the ref saw a deflection or thinks the defender could have touched it).

PensFanInCBus 09-05-2007 09:26 AM

Keep an eye on your goalie. Usually, the goalie will raise his glove hand if it's an ice, or keep it down if it's waved off.
If yours doesn't, ask them to let you guys know. It'll make your life much easier.

Gino 14 09-05-2007 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix (Post 10341249)
Pretty simple but I'm really not sure....when the ref/linesman calls "no ice" - is that meaning simply that they're not going to call for icing? Or that it wasn't icing? And so that means the game continues?

What you stated is correct, the icing has been called off, the reason doesn't matter, and play continues. A good ref will call off an icing by the time the puck reaches the top of the defending team's faceoff circle so you have time to react.

XweekendwarriorX 09-05-2007 12:21 PM

jus keep going hard til you hear the whistle.

MikeD 09-05-2007 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PensFanInCBus (Post 10341922)
Keep an eye on your goalie. Usually, the goalie will raise his glove hand if it's an ice, or keep it down if it's waved off.
If yours doesn't, ask them to let you guys know. It'll make your life much easier.

With the poster being in his offensive roll, watching his own goalie would be very odd.

The goalie can be a clue but its not something you should rely on. I have seen defensive players get creamed because the goalie had indicated icing when in fact it wasnt. As warrior posted, play till the whistle. Do that and you will never look foolish. There are many times an icing will be waved off at the last second before a puck crosses the line due to a defender who stops skating. If your going hard you might get a good chance out of it.

The Muffin Stud 09-06-2007 03:50 PM

"Ice" in some hockey terms is pretty much just a slang for "Icing".

PensFanInCBus 09-07-2007 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeD (Post 10345617)
With the poster being in his offensive roll, watching his own goalie would be very odd.

The goalie can be a clue but its not something you should rely on. I have seen defensive players get creamed because the goalie had indicated icing when in fact it wasnt. As warrior posted, play till the whistle. Do that and you will never look foolish. There are many times an icing will be waved off at the last second before a puck crosses the line due to a defender who stops skating. If your going hard you might get a good chance out of it.

Yeah...I re-read after I posted that he was on the offensive. So...skate hard until you hear the whistle. On the defensive...watch your goalie.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.