HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Buf-Edm rumor (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=41785)

Subban Fan 01-07-2004 11:50 AM

Buf-Edm rumor

I just heard on a french radio in Quebec city (CHRC) this rumor...

Satan for Brewer and Laraque

Ruckus007 01-07-2004 11:51 AM

they've also got it here

http://www.sportsline.com/nhl/story/NHL_SC-RUMOR

Chayos 01-07-2004 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruckus007

The only way i see that deal happening is if it is a 3-2 with the oil giving up Brewer, Laraque and a winger like Isbister of somethign and the Sabres throwing in khalinin or Mckee.

Bohologo 01-07-2004 11:54 AM

This deal doesn't make a lick of sense for Edmonton, aside from casting out Laraque, finally.

McCabe24 01-07-2004 11:55 AM

hmm...coincidence that the deal involves the three players most popular to trade rumours and proposals in the last week??

actually, I do like the deal for both sides,because both sides address their needs... even though I know it will never happen...Satan's salary would be a problem for Edmonton though...

transplant99 01-07-2004 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McCabe24
hmm...coincidence that the deal involves the three players most popular to trade rumours and proposals in the last week??

actually, I do like the deal for both sides,because both sides address their needs... even though I know it will never happen...Satan's salary would be a problem for Edmonton though...

What need does this address for Edmonton??

They need a G and a Dman if anything before adding a big slaray up front.

Junior 01-07-2004 11:58 AM

hmmmm....

Quote:

would including Jason Smith in the deal even the salaries out?

Oilhitch 01-07-2004 12:17 PM

Quote:

Yeah my thoughts too.

Satan - $4.75M

Brewer - $2.5M
Laraque - $1.275M

There is still a difference of 975K to the Oilers.

However I think the Oilers still have money left in the bank to spend. Still doesnt make sense for the Oilers to trade away their top d-man (24 years old) pre CBA.

oildrop 01-07-2004 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabres Real GM
would including Jason Smith in the deal even the salaries out?

Smith, Brewer and Laraque for Satan...is that what you are trying to say there Sabres Real GM? If so, you are out to lunch. Brewer and Laraque is too much for Satan.

Takeo 01-07-2004 12:40 PM

I could see Golisano possibly adding 500K-1M or so for a late pick.

Vyse64 01-07-2004 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chayos1
The only way i see that deal happening is if it is a 3-2 with the oil giving up Brewer, Laraque and a winger like Isbister of somethign and the Sabres throwing in khalinin or Mckee.

how about that we agree on something :joker:

SabresRule 01-07-2004 03:06 PM

take laraque out and put something else in, i like it, but if it was made as is, i wouldnt complain, let's maxim get a top 6 spot.

jumptheshark 01-08-2004 05:32 AM

BTW

Without soundiing to much like a jerk---THE OILERS HAD SATAN and traded him away because he was so one dementional. Also his contract and the fact that he starting to look at UFA shortly and his age......

Yanner39 01-08-2004 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by transplant99
What need does this address for Edmonton??

They need a G and a Dman if anything before adding a big slaray up front.

Well, Edmonton's PP is pretty awful and they have trouble scoring. From that standpoint I can see it.

Financially, ouch!

WhoIsJimBob 01-08-2004 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumptheshark
BTW

Without soundiing to much like a jerk---THE OILERS HAD SATAN and traded him away because he was so one dementional. Also his contract and the fact that he starting to look at UFA shortly and his age......

The Oilers traded him because they never thought he'd develop into a 30 goal scorer.........

oilers_guy_eddie 01-08-2004 07:28 AM

Say, isn't Miroslav Satan a Rich Winter client?

Yanner39 01-08-2004 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie

:joker:

That puts an end to that rumor.

thome_26 01-08-2004 07:37 AM

ya, the Oilers don't need more wingers. I mean all people have to do is look at the Oilers situation on the backend. Smith is a UFA after this season and him returning is unlikely. It would be to much if we traded away Brewer as well. Lynch, Woywitka, Greene and all them will be good and nice some day, but Lowe isn't going to kill the teams defense anymore then he already has to add a high priced, one way winger. Maybe if it was Smith and Laraque, then we'd be talking.

Takeo 01-08-2004 07:48 AM

Quote:

No.

Takeo 01-08-2004 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thome_26
one way winger

:confused: :shakehead

So how'd you calculate that one?

WhoIsJimBob 01-08-2004 08:02 AM

Quote:

Miro is his own agent.

Larry Fisher 01-08-2004 08:06 AM

no good...

Satan would be nice but not at his price.

I would like to deal with Buffalo but it would look more like:

Smith, Horcoff and Laraque

for

Khalinin and Afinogenov OR Vanek

That would work better for both teams IMO.

WhoIsJimBob 01-08-2004 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salostyle
Satan would be nice but not at his price.

I would like to deal with Buffalo but it would look more like:

Smith, Horcoff and Laraque

for

Khalinin and Afinogenov OR Vanek

That would work better for both teams IMO.

Kalinin and Vanek aren't going anywhere.

Plus, that deal has the Sabres taking on way too much salary.

USC Trojans 01-08-2004 08:12 AM

A big hell no to that. Not unless a defenseman like Kalinin is coming back.
If the Oilers trade away Brewer their pairings will be like:

Smith - Staios
Cross - Semenov
Ferguson - Bergeron
Luoma

And god knows how much Smith will demand after this year...Staios is a great 3/4 d-man, but he's no #2, let alone a #1.

oilers_guy_eddie 01-08-2004 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bob
Miro is his own agent.

Interesting-- when did he fire Winter, and what were the circumstances?