HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal:TB & NYI (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=41825)

rinkrat13 01-07-2004 01:19 PM

Proposal:TB & NYI

Lecavalier
Alexeev
Cullimore
3rd rounder in 2004

Hamrlik
Hunter
Peca
Weinhandl

-------------------------

any thoughts?

TB - gets a PP quarter back with Hamrilk, a gritty team leader in Peca that can play second line center (while the teams waits for Svitov to emerge) moving Richards to #1 center. Hunter will fit in nicely on either first or second line (with St. Louis at RW also) and Weinhandl is a nice insurance marker and not a bad prospect that will fit into Tampa's plans (if and when they get an AHL team).

NYI - gets a bona-fide (young) center in Lecavalier (to make up for giving Spezza away) who will fill in while Yashin is out and might make it easier to part ways with Yashin at the trade dead line. Cullimore a good steady (rock of a) D who can play minutes and ease the pain put on guys like Aucion, Niinimaa & Jonsson... and last but not least, Alexeev a good young (BIG) center that could find a home on Long Island - a fresh start for a kid thats been knocked around Tampa's organization for too long IMO.

PECAhead 01-07-2004 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rinkrat13
Lecavalier
Alexeev
Cullimore
3rd rounder in 2004

Hamrlik
Hunter
Peca
Weinhandl

-------------------------

any thoughts?

TB - gets a PP quarter back with Hamrilk, a gritty team leader in Peca that can play second line center (while the teams waits for Svitov to emerge) moving Richards to #1 center. Hunter will fit in nicely on either first or second line (with St. Louis at RW also) and Weinhandl is a nice insurance marker and not a bad prospect that will fit into Tampa's plans (if and when they get an AHL team).

NYI - gets a bona-fide (young) center in Lecavalier (to make up for giving Spezza away) who will fill in while Yashin is out and might make it easier to part ways with Yashin at the trade dead line. Cullimore a good steady (rock of a) D who can play minutes and ease the pain put on guys like Aucion, Niinimaa & Jonsson... and last but not least, Alexeev a good young (BIG) center that could find a home on Long Island - a fresh start for a kid thats been knocked around Tampa's organization for too long IMO.

As an Islander fan I wouldn't do it. Too big of a shake up for right now.

thestonedkoala 01-07-2004 01:29 PM

Wouldn't do it either for the Islanders...

They give up a solid young rookie in Hunter, a solid defensemen who is a bit streaky at times in the Hammer, give up Peca, who though has performed badly is still a good veteran presence, and a one-eye sniped in Weinhandl...How often do you see a one-eyed sniper playing in the NHL?

I think the Islanders get a little bit taken in this trade.

Habsaku 01-07-2004 01:32 PM

I wouldn't do it, only one of the players TB gives away has any sort of interest for other teams and its not like he's been dominating the league.Alexeev is still just a prospect. Islanders give way too much.

Also, trading Yashin is nearly impossible mainly because of that ridiculous contract, so they wouldn't be able to part ways with him at the deadline.

Sotnos 01-07-2004 01:52 PM

I don't like multi-player proposals in general.

Alexeev is injured, he won't play this season (shoulder surgery).

Lecavalier isn't going anywhere, and that's an INSANE amount of salary coming Tampa's way.

Jones23 01-07-2004 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rinkrat13
Lecavalier
Alexeev
Cullimore
3rd rounder in 2004

Hamrlik
Hunter
Peca
Weinhandl

OMG!...strike two on the Hamrlik proposals today!

Any talk of Hammer going to TB has to involve Svitov!

You have to give to get folks! :teach:

Trottier 01-07-2004 02:03 PM

Take Hunter, Alexeev and the #3 out of the deal and I'd strongly consider it from an NYI standpoint. But, as mentioned previously, not at this time.

Sotnos 01-07-2004 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trottier
Take Hunter, Alexeev and the #3 out of the deal and I'd strongly consider it from an NYI standpoint. But, as mentioned previously, not at this time.

Well, sure you would, but I look at the salaries (and ages of Peca and Hammer) from the Tampa standpoint and say no way is this feasible.

No offense, but I like Peca about as much as Isles fans like Fredrik Modin.

Tiki 01-07-2004 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sotnos

Hey! I happen to like Modin.

I am amazed that Trots would think about trading the captain. I see that as a real sticking point IMO. If the Isles are truely trying to win Peca is not the type of player we need to move.

Having Yash and Vince as a 1 - 2 punch may give us the most moody tandem in the league.

IMHO, I doubt the Isles would give up the pices it would take to get vince right now.

Trottier 01-07-2004 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sotnos
Well, sure you would, but I look at the salaries (and ages of Peca and Hammer) from the Tampa standpoint and say no way is this feasible.

Was going to put in a disclaimer that I was viewing this simply from a talent perspective (and not salary). Hey, I'm one of those always harping about considering $$$ in deals, can't I once make a fantasy offer myself? :p

Am a bit surprised about your assessment of Peca. To be sure, his salary devalues him, but he is still an asset. BTW, not that I dislike Modin, simply think that some NYI fans vastly overrate him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiki
I am amazed that Trots would think about trading the captain. I see that as a real sticking point IMO. If the Isles are truely trying to win Peca is not the type of player we need to move.

Would think about it Tiki, but would be highly reluctant to move him. I wouldn't have even considered it before as I think his subpar play and the Isles' team woes in November made for a bad time to be looking to deal (low value). The Captain has gotten his game together, and despite his continued lack of scoring, is an important piece of NYI's puzzle.

As long as NYI remains in the playoff hunt, I do not move any core players, unless blown away with an offer, which is very unlikely.

Seph 01-07-2004 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trottier

I say change the #3 to a #2, replace Cullimore with Sarich, and it's interesting, at least.

But it's hard to see anything this big happening right now, from either team's perspective.

Darth Milbury 01-07-2004 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seph
I say change the #3 to a #2, replace Cullimore with Sarich, and it's interesting, at least.

But it's hard to see anything this big happening right now, from either team's perspective.

Tampa isn't going to trade the Prince, and there is no way the Isles will trade Hunter.

Seph 01-07-2004 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Tampa isn't going to trade the Prince, and there is no way the Isles will trade Hunter.

That's why the second sentence was written, among other reasons. I was just saying that would have me rather intrigued and seems close, valuewise.

Disgraced Cosmonaut 01-08-2004 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury

actually, with wang's mandate that the isles grow some players from the inside (see today's ny newsday), and with mm's reluctance to part with cheap players (see hunter's salary) i would suggest that it's less likely that hunter goes anywhere than "the prince." i could see the bolts moving him if they could get someone like gonchar or lidstrom in a package back.

maybe zubrus and gonchar for
the prince and cullimore.

however, darth, i too think that there's little chance that he goes anywhere.

trotts- usually you're anti-chemistry/stability disruption (i.e. trading the captain) but if you're only commenting on value, and i think you are, seph's proposal is pretty solid.

sarich and the prince
for
hammer, peca and weinhandl.

value wise, i think we come out ahead by a prospect so we should propbably include one or a second/third rounder.

dats-13 01-08-2004 03:43 PM

Lecavalier will command so much back in return that no time would give up that many picks and that big a chunk of their future for a guy that is yet to either shine in all his glory or crash and burn....

Lecavalier is going nowhere and is going nowhere fast