HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT: Going to Montreal... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=41864)

maximil 01-07-2004 02:48 PM

OT: Going to Montreal...

A week from this Friday me and four of my closest college buddies are heading up to Montreal for a long weekend. None of us have ever been there before. We are really excited! Here are the questions...

What do you recommend seeing in Montreal?
Where are the best places to play pick up hockey?
Where are your favorite out door rinks?
Are there any tremendous hockey shops?
Is there any public transportation or should I rent a car?
Where do all the college age chicks hang out?
What are your favorite places to booze? Like night clubs, sports bars, and strip clubs...
Basically, if you could recommend one thing to do in Montreal what would it be?

Tell me anything that you think might help us out!

Thanks for your time. We can barely wait! :yo:

Sonik 01-07-2004 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximil

Getting out of the town! ;)

The n00b King * 01-07-2004 03:52 PM

strip club: the amazons, on St-Jacques
Clubs: avoid any of those places, for ur own good, being an outsider, women can smell it a mile away and will reject u
I dont know of any pick up hockey that would be worth ur time
as for an activity when ull come, i believe the "fetes des neiges" is going on, that can actually be kind of cool.
if ur gonna stay downtown most of the time, u dont need to rent a car, but to make it easier for u, do. it's cold out here now, and it's a ***** to wait around for stupid buses that dont show up.
what i would recomend? wait till this summer to come here, it's a LOT better

skidboot 01-07-2004 04:33 PM

Hurley's on Crescent is a good time. English style Pub. Not far at all from the Stadium.

Catala 01-07-2004 04:43 PM

Quote:

A week from this Friday me and four of my closest college buddies are heading up to Montreal for a long weekend. None of us have ever been there before. We are really excited! Here are the questions...

What are your favorite places to booze? Like night clubs, sports bars, and strip clubs...

-underground downtown is nice for tourists, but i highly recommand you to watch a hockey game at the Bell center.
-almost everywhere... but the one on Parc Lafontaine is the most crowded.
-tremendous hockey shops... nah, but some good ones yes. certainly in Laval thought.
-public transportation my friend... will be a mess if you rent a car. (metro/bus are very well organyzed when not on strike ;) )
-ALL the college chicks hang out near crescent for the english side of town, french side is on St-Denis.
-recommandable night clubs are: central station on St Laurent, Vatican on crescent well maybe for that last one..... Strip bar? Solid gold, the best in town by 2 miles.
-And for the sports bar, try out La cage au sport on a hockey night ;).

1 thing to do? clubs. chicks in montreal are very hot if not the top hottests girls in north America.

Enjoy your stay.

Beatnik 01-07-2004 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaolin_goon
strip club: the amazons, on St-Jacques
Clubs: avoid any of those places, for ur own good, being an outsider, women can smell it a mile away and will reject u

Girls LOVES outsiders specially if they look for a one night. And Montreal have the greatest girls on earth. :)
I don't know Montreal much but Le 2 pierrot and many downtown clubs are pretty cool.

gunnerdom 01-07-2004 05:16 PM

Quote:

Hey im going to see the game in montreal on the 17th. Although it's not a big trip since im in Ottawa. I like The Foufs, the music is pretty cool. More alternative than dance music. Use the metro, it's a lot simpler than a car. I dont think theirs a lot of outdoor rinks in montreal, maybe in the suburbs next to it though.

Marmax 01-07-2004 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejaculine
Hey im going to see the game in montreal on the 17th. Although it's not a big trip since im in Ottawa. I like The Foufs, the music is pretty cool. More alternative than dance music. Use the metro, it's a lot simpler than a car. I dont think theirs a lot of outdoor rinks in montreal, maybe in the suburbs next to it though.

By the way the Foufs is a really awesome bar, nice pick. I really like their alternative music and most people there are awesome.

Zednik 01-07-2004 07:56 PM

Hey guys, by the way, I'll be in Montreal during the Super Bowl week-end. What's the best bar to go to watch the game (with some good cheap beer :))

BLONG7 01-08-2004 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zednik
Hey guys, by the way, I'll be in Montreal during the Super Bowl week-end. What's the best bar to go to watch the game (with some good cheap beer :))

Le Cage aux Sports... drink a few and then if you got a ticket just go in and watch the game live! Still got your tix man!

Zednik 01-08-2004 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLONG7
Le Cage aux Sports... drink a few and then if you got a ticket just go in and watch the game live! Still got your tix man!

Yeah, but if it's like in Quebec City, the Cage is always full and sold out during the super bowl. But yeah, it's a great place.

Zednik 01-08-2004 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLONG7

Oh, by the way Blong, I was talking about the SuperBowl game, not the Habs game ! I have tix for the Habs :) . I think you misunderstood.

phil76 01-09-2004 02:02 AM

solid gold (strip club)
one of the best

8820 st-laurent

Joe Cole 01-09-2004 09:39 AM

Quote:

Looks like the strip clubs have been answered (Chez Pare, SuperSex downtown, Solid Gold far uptown, Grand Prix ..basically a brothel).

Pick up hockey....call the Bonaventure Arena. It is on the island, North West close to all the highways. They have pick up hockey indoors, with goalies. Throw your sticks in the middle type of set up. They do this all week, I am not sure if they do the weekends.

Outdoor rinks....east side of the city will be better. Parc Lafontaine is a good bet and it is close to the downtown core.

Chicks....east side french (better looking). West side english (easier). Generalities here.....

Hockey stores, Jacques Rousseau or A. Roy Sport. Neither is very close to downtown. The Rousseau in Laval is the best (it used to be a GM dealership...i.e. BIG).

Sports bar...hands down Champs on St. Laurent, voted best sports bar in Canada. La Cage aux Sports is a chain style, middle of the road type family spot, but they sho the hockey games too. I repeat CHAMPS. On St. Laurent, bonus....St. Laurent street is where the (snobby) good looking ladies are.

Rent a car.

Have a good time.

#44_delivers 01-09-2004 10:16 AM

Quote:

What are your favorite places to booze? Like night clubs, sports bars, and strip clubs

buddy you have to go to stereo" its a world class club filled with gorgious and easy girls. dance all night and have fun to sum nice house music.
btw if you have a chance to see mistress barbera, angel maroe or mv, dont miss out.

Oilers Hockey 01-09-2004 12:48 PM

I can't wait until I move there this summer.