HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Preseason GDT: Predators @ Columbus - 4.16.07 - 4:00 PM CST (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=419432)

Jarnberg 09-16-2007 11:02 AM

Preseason GDT: Predators @ Columbus - 4.16.07 - 4:00 PM CST

:nashville at :cbj

(0-0-0) (0-0-0)

Last Season: (51-23-8) (33-42-7)

04/16/2007 - 4:00 PM CST
Nationwide Arena, Columbus, OH

TV: None
Radio:
Nashville Feed - The Zone - (104.5) Don't bother listening online, conflict with NHL.com Internet radio
Columbus Feed - WBNS-AM (1460) Click here to listen

Jerseys:
Nashville: http://hfboards.com/imagehosting/381546ed3ff1e5788.jpg Columbus: http://hfboards.com/imagehosting/381546ed3ff252f79.jpg

Last game: N/A - Preseason

Leading scorers in Preseason:
Nashville: Goals - N/A - 0 | Assists - N/A - 0 | Points - 0

Columbus: Goals - N/A - 0 | Assists - N/A - 0 | Points - N/A - 0

Leading scorers last season:
Nashville: Goals - Arnott, Legwand - 27 | Assists - Kariya - 52 | Points - Kariya - 76

Columbus: Goals - Nash - 27 | Assists - Vyborny - 48 | Points - Vyborny - 64

Injuries:
Nashville - Steve Sullivan (Back)
Columbus - N/A

New faces:
Nashville - Radek Bonk, Greg de Vries, Martin Gelinas, Dov Grumet-Morris, Dan Ellis, Josh Langfeld, Jed Ortmeyer, Antti Pihlstrom, Shane Willis
Columbus - Michael Peca, Kris Beech, Jiri Novotny, Derek MacKenzie, Sheldon Brookbank, Dan Smith, Jan Hejda

Projected Goaltenders:
Nashville - Unknown (0-0-0, GAA: 0, SV%: 100.0)
Columbus - Pascal Leclaire (0-0-0, GAA: 0, SV%: 100.0)

Projected Lineups:

Nashville:

Erat - Legwand - Radulov
Pihlstrom - Nichol - Hornqvist
Hordichuk - Smithson - Ortmeyer
Setzinger - Peverly - Willis

Weber - Koistinen
Klein - Zanon
Niskala - Henry

Rinne
Ellis

Columbus:

Rick Nash – Nikolai Zherdev – David Vyborny
Adam Pineault – Kris Beech – Joakim Lindstrom
Geoff Platt – Dan Fritsche – Stefan Legein
Jared Boll – Manny Malhotra – Tom Sestito

Jan Hejda – Rostislav Klesla
Duvie Westcott – Ron Hainsey
Sheldon Brookbank – Mikko Maenpaa

Pascal Leclaire
Tomas Popperle

handtrick 09-16-2007 11:18 AM

The official Preds lineup is not out yet for tonight, but this is a little insight.

These are the players I saw down at breakfast that were attending the 2nd practice of the morning [that meaning, the 1st squad practicing this morning were the ones going to Columbus]...this list is not all-inclusive, it is just the ones I saw, so you can assume that they WON'T be playing against Columbus today.

Victor Sjodin
Jonathan Blum
Teemo Laakso
Nolan Yonkman
Cal O'Reilly
Richard Stehlik
Mark Santorelli
Mike Santorelli
Niko Snellman
Andreas Thursson
Alexander Sulzer
Jason Guerrero

Jarnberg 09-16-2007 11:21 AM

Awesome, thanks for the update handtrick

Seth Lake 09-16-2007 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handtrick (Post 10427036)
The official Preds lineup is not out yet for tonight, but this is a little insight.

These are the players I saw down at breakfast that were attending the 2nd practice of the morning [that meaning, the 1st squad practicing this morning were the ones going to Columbus]...this list is not all-inclusive, it is just the ones I saw, so you can assume that they WON'T be playing against Columbus today.

Victor Sjodin
Jonathan Blum
Teemo Laakso
Nolan Yonkman
Cal O'Reilly
Richard Stehlik
Mark Santorelli
Mike Santorelli
Niko Snellman
Andreas Thursson
Alexander Sulzer
Jason Guerrero

Thanks for the observations HT. Now, please no one think we are going to be having a veteran laden team playing in Columbus this evening, rather the only two NHL veteran players HT has seen in the hotel have been Zanon and Ortmeyer, but the rest of the players are obviously staying in their own homes around the area.

Interesting to see that Hornqvist, Pihlstrom, and Setzinger (along with Vigilante and Maki) were among the forwards not listed and Franson, Dietrich, and Niskala were among the defense not seen at breakfast either. Obviously this list is doesn't really identify who will play, but it does show who won't be.

Jarnberg 09-16-2007 11:28 AM

Hopefully the team carries the work ethic that they've displayed the past two days into this game. Perhaps the 'veterans' will get some kinks out and the prospects will fight hard trying to earn a roster spot.

Hopefully both teams come away without injuries.

The only request I have of this game is Ken Hitchcock getting in a fight with Barry Trotz. I'd drive to Columbus right now to see that!

http://rockthetank.com/hated/trotz.png vs. http://images.sportsnetwork.com/hock...hcock_ken3.jpg

handtrick 09-16-2007 11:48 AM

the only two veterans that I am sure are going to Columbus are Zanon and Weber.

Jarnberg 09-16-2007 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handtrick (Post 10427207)
the only two veterans that I am sure are going to Columbus are Zanon and Weber.

Hmm, that leaves about 7 or 8 more veterans going per Trotz's comments about who he's taking.

6 forwards and 2 more defensemen?

Seth Lake 09-16-2007 12:12 PM

OK, I'll be the first to take a wild stab at the roster...

Based largely on lines from yesterday's scrimmage, comments from Trotz about veteran use, and Handtrick's observations this morning, combined with a little history between the players on defense and we get...

Hornqvist - Legwand - Erat
Pihlstrom - Smithson - Ortmeyer
Setzinger - Peverly - Ellison
Hordichuk - Nichol - Langfield

Weber - Franson
Zanon - Klein
Suter - Koistenen

Mason
Rinne

Weber and Franson have a history of playing with each other back in BC, Zanon and Klein were one of the top pairings in Milwaukee the year they won the Calder Cup, and Suter compliments Koistenen well IMO.

Mason gets the start on the road where there is not as much pressure in front of the home crowd in the event the team lays an egg in front of him and gets his start out of the way. Ellis I thought outplayed Rinne yesterday, but Rinne was OK and I think he gets the first crack to show what he can do in the preseason and Ellis gets the start Thursday at home.

Hordichuk and Nichol have to be in the lineup because it is Columbus and I wouldn't doubt they start a couple tough guys and try to play a physical defensive style of hockey under Hitchcock.

Just a wild guess on the lineup, but it is kinda fun to think about line combos and matchups again.

Seth Lake 09-16-2007 01:58 PM

It was actually pointed out by an Admiral fan over on the NP.com messageboards that Zanon and Klein, while a very formidable pairing together, were not teammates on the Calder Cup Championship team, but were united together the following season.

Just wanted to clarify. I still stand by the prediction.

Jovavic 09-16-2007 02:16 PM

This is what a Columbus Dispatch sportwriters blog has for the Preds players tonight...

Goaltenders – Pekka Rinne, Dan Ellis

Forwards – David Legwand, Martin Erat, Alexander Radulov, Antti Pihlstrom, Jerred Smithson, Scott Nichol, Darcy Hordichuk, Patric Hornqvist, Rich Peverley, Jed Ortmeyer, Oliver Setzinger and Shane Willis.
Defensemen – Shea Weber, Ville Koistinen, Alex Henry, Greg Zanon, Kevin Klein, Janne Niskala

Too bad neither of our Mason goalies are playing tonight, would be funny to see a save by Mason on one end and a save by Mason on the other. I'm excited to see Radulov hopefully playing more minutes and I've always liked Ortmeyer's game when I saw him on the Rangers. I'll post some impressions tonight of your players when I get the chance tonight.

Edit: Here are the Columbus lines from that same blog...

Rick Nash – Nikolai Zherdev – David Vyborny

Adam Pineault – Kris Beech – Joakim Lindstrom

Geoff Platt – Dan Fritsche – Stefan Legein

Jared Boll – Manny Malhotra – Tom Sestito

Jan Hejda – Rostislav Klesla

Duvie Westcott – Ron Hainsey

Sheldon Brookbank – Mikko Maenpaa

Boll, Sestito and Brookbank are all willing fighters, so maybe we'll see some fisticuffs tonight?

Jarnberg 09-16-2007 02:42 PM

Thanks for the info Oz. I updated the Jackets roster accordingly and put what I think may be the line up for the Preds based on the players taken.

Seth Lake 09-16-2007 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 10426941)
Nashville (my guess from players taken):

Erat - Legwand - Hornqvist
Setzinger - Nichol - Radulov
Pihlstrom - Smithson - Ortmeyer
Hordichuk - Peverley - Willis

Weber - Koistinen
Klein - Zanon
Niskala - Henry

Rinne
Ellis

I think that's a good guess based on the roster of players in Columbus. I would assume that Trotz will try his best without last change to put out the Legwand or Smithson lines against the Nash-Zherdev-Vyborny line while we will see Hitchcock do his best to keep the Fritsche line going against the Legwand and Nichol lines.

Jarnberg 09-16-2007 03:19 PM

What I really want to know is, why are wasting a pre-season spot on Willis?

I'd much rather see a younger winger get a little taste and get evaluated.

handtrick 09-16-2007 04:43 PM

According to Crispy, lines supposed to be:

Erat-Legwand-Radulov
Philstrom-Nichol-Hornqvist
Hordi-Smithson-Ortmeyer
Setzinger-Peverly-Willis

jstreet 09-16-2007 04:49 PM

Happy Preaseason! Woohoo!

jstreet 09-16-2007 05:10 PM

Rinne starting
Radulov shooting early
and Rads in the box 24 seconds in.

skellart2 09-16-2007 05:14 PM

what the hell just happened to the feed???:rant:

Paincakes 09-16-2007 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skellart2 (Post 10430220)

**** football. I want Hockey dammit.

Jarnberg 09-16-2007 05:17 PM

Did something mess up @ the Zone?

Why did the feed end and now we have some Fox Football crap..

handtrick 09-16-2007 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skellart2 (Post 10430220)

104.5 always stops the internet feed due to infringement issues with NHL radio....:shakehead

go to the columbus 1460 [google it] station to listen live

http://www.1460thefan.com/#

jstreet 09-16-2007 05:17 PM

someone get on the horn with 104.5!

lord cj 09-16-2007 05:20 PM

ffs sake i can barely hear the columbus feed

Jarnberg 09-16-2007 05:21 PM

I guess I could go in another room and listen to a real radio... lol

jstreet 09-16-2007 05:21 PM

Listen HERE

geez.

Dodgie 09-16-2007 05:22 PM