HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Montreal offer (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=41950)

not quite yoda 01-07-2004 07:51 PM

Montreal offer
 
I know that Perreault has been spread all over the board as bait. I would like to know if there is anyinterest out there for Juneau (savvy defensive center who can work the pk but only scores 5 or less goals a year).

Offers for right now or at the trade deadline are both welcome.

Munchausen 01-07-2004 09:47 PM

Future considerations is likely all Montreal could be given for Juneau at the trading deadline, and that's only if a contending team is cursed with lots of injuries, so it's too soon to ask. Nobody will want to pay 1M in salary for half a season of the very little he can still bring to a team, and with the injurie to Begin in Montreal, I'm sure they're not looking to trade him away either.

not quite yoda 01-08-2004 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
Future considerations is likely all Montreal could be given for Juneau at the trading deadline, and that's only if a contending team is cursed with lots of injuries, so it's too soon to ask. Nobody will want to pay 1M in salary for half a season of the very little he can still bring to a team, and with the injurie to Begin in Montreal, I'm sure they're not looking to trade him away either.

As of right now, Juneau is pegged as the #3 ahead of Perreault. Everyone seems to want to dump Perreault as his days in Montreal seem to be coming to an end. Yet Juneau is an "expert" penalty killer on a team that ranks 24th; give Perreault 3rd line wingers and 15 minutes of ice time and he will rack up 20-25 goals. Sure his Defensive skills are average at best but he makes up for it with offensive contributions. Not to mention he leads the NHL in faceoff percentage (65%) for a third or fourth year in a row.

I just wish everyone would stop ******** on him and give him his rightfull due as the #3 center. Let Juneau walk at the end of the season: he is 38, ineffective and totally past his prime.

membleypeg 01-08-2004 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by espion
I know that Perreault has been spread all over the board as bait. I would like to know if there is anyinterest out there for Juneau (savvy defensive center who can work the pk but only scores 5 or less goals a year).

Offers for right now or at the trade deadline are both welcome.

You pay his salary, and I will send a bag of pucks. Juneau would fit in well on the all waiver line with Audette and Kilger. I can't believe that Andre Savard escaped ridicule in Montreal after all the money he threw out to these duds.

Kirk Muller 01-08-2004 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by membleypeg
You pay his salary, and I will send a bag of pucks. Juneau would fit in well on the all waiver line with Audette and Kilger. I can't believe that Andre Savard escaped ridicule in Montreal after all the money he threw out to these duds.

He escaped ridicule for the most part because he managed to fill holes and managed to get the habs into the playoffs for once.

I don't know if you realized the situation in Montreal. You may consider Juneau overpaid but he was and has been vital in Montreal for the previous two years. He anchored the checking line and imo, has a lot to do with Bulis becoming Montreal best two way forward.

Audette was unfortunate. The guy was absolutely on fire on his arrival in Montreal, and loved playing in his home province and getting away from Dallas. Then his wrist took a skate, and his career has never been the same.

Kilger, well he was worth a gamble. Big guy who can skate and young at the time, you win some you lose some.

The only real problems were Czerkawski and Mckay.

You may look at Brisebois and Rivet contracts but you must look at the situation again. At that time, the likes of Traverse and Dykhuis were in the everyday lineup, Markov hadn't emerged, Souray was injured, and Hainsey and Komisarek weren't ready. It was a sad state on the defense core.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.