HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Palffy out for season; Perreault to LA? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=42285)

habscout 01-09-2004 04:47 AM

Palffy out for season; Perreault to LA?
 
I'd like to see Gainey make a trade offer to LA to give them Perreault. He's played in LA before, so there may be some willingness for him to go back there. LA has a lot of young prospects, and their GM has already show the willingness to trade a couple of them for a good player [ie. Straka]. I don't think Perreault would garner a top prospect, but if I were Gainey I'd ask for Scott Barney. He's a big [6'4",208] right-handed shooting centre/winger, who has missed a lot of playing time due to a bad back since turning pro in 1999. However, this season he has played nearly every game in the AHL an is just under a point a game. Here's a good interview with him from December 2003:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

e-e 01-09-2004 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habscout
I'd like to see Gainey make a trade offer to LA to give them Perreault. He's played in LA before, so there may be some willingness for him to go back there. LA has a lot of young prospects, and their GM has already show the willingness to trade a couple of them for a good player [ie. Straka]. I don't think Perreault would garner a top prospect, but if I were Gainey I'd ask for Scott Barney. He's a big [6'4",208] right-handed shooting centre/winger, who has missed a lot of playing time due to a bad back since turning pro in 1999. However, this season he has played nearly every game in the AHL an is just under a point a game. Here's a good interview with him from December 2003:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

palffy doesn't play C....offering yanic as a replacement (at any position) sounds funny to me :lol:

Dragon 01-09-2004 05:22 AM

That may make some of the Kings available to us.
A Big Centre with right hand shot........

Team_Spirit 01-09-2004 05:24 AM

STL loss Jackman .. maybe they need Rivet :)

habscout 01-09-2004 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e-e
palffy doesn't play C....offering yanic as a replacement (at any position) sounds funny to me :lol:

Good point. I thought Palffy was a centre. Ok, I'd sweeten the deal by adding Kilger and maybe asking for a mid round draft pick. I think the upside on Barney is huge if he has recovered from his injury.

Moumni_Bachir 01-09-2004 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
STL loss Jackman .. maybe they need Rivet :)

Amen!

Rather Gingerly 1* 01-09-2004 10:38 AM

I would hold out for Aulin

gohabsgo2010 01-09-2004 11:38 AM

Laperriere.

Hard working, character guy. Unlike alot of our bottom six forwards, he can play the game. He hits and hits, and he's always there for his teammates. Hometown boy, too - he'd thrive under the pressure. Think Begin Part Deux.

Just like Perreault, he's a UFA. If Gainey doesn't trade for him, I'm almost sure we'll go hard after him in the offseason.

Mats NAslund 01-09-2004 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon
That may make some of the Kings available to us.
A Big Centre with right hand shot........



From NHL.com

IAN LAPERRIERE
Center
Height 6' 1"
Weight 202
Shoots Right
Born Jan 18, 1974
MONTREAL, QC, CAN


Do you think he's available? Would he be a perfect fit as our third line C?

Lok 01-09-2004 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
STL loss Jackman .. maybe they need Rivet :)

Rivet for Jamal Mayers??? :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.