HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Coming to Nashville (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=423104)

Dartmouth 02 09-26-2007 10:28 AM

Coming to Nashville

Very excited to be coming to Music City for the Nov 17th game...any recommendations/advice on hotels, things to do, Pred-friendly bars, etc. would be appreciated.

BigFatCat999 09-26-2007 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartmouth 02 (Post 10540036)
Very excited to be coming to Music City for the Nov 17th game...any recommendations/advice on hotels, things to do, Pred-friendly bars, etc. would be appreciated.

Depends on what you like. Broadway near the arena is pretty nice. I enjoyed the honky tonks.

lstcyr 09-26-2007 12:26 PM

We do need a sticky thread for these requests. We seem to have 5-6 a year and it's always good to help but would be nice for it to be up there where visitors can see it.

Stars-Preds 09-27-2007 03:40 PM

For dining purposes go to O'Charleys. It is greatness.

lstcyr 09-27-2007 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stars-Preds (Post 10556030)
For dining purposes go to O'Charleys. It is greatness.

So, its' changed since I left Tennessee? It used to be a Chili's, Ruby Tuesday's Friday's knockoff. Not very good in my opinion. Much better places in town to eat.

sparkle twin 09-28-2007 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartmouth 02 (Post 10540036)

I don't know how long you are staying but hopefully this can give you a little bit of a start. I'm using the arena as a base for everything so distances are from there and not hotels.

Hotels, all are walking distance to the arena but the first 3 are the closest:
-Hilton is across from the arena and connected the Sports Grille (formerly Eddie George's restaurant). Most road teams stay here.
-Renaissance is a block away, on the other side of and connected to the convention center. Some road teams stay here also.
-Hampton Inn is about 1-2 blocks away, by the new Symphony Hall...it's pretty new
-Holiday Inn Express is about 2 or 3 big blocks away.
-Double Tree is a few blocks away
-There are hotels in the West End/Vandy area but they are not walking distance.

Things to do:
If you want touristy things...
-Country Music Hall of Fame is behind the arena
-The Ryman is half a block up from the arena
-Opryland/Grand Ole Opry you need a cab or car.
-Frist Center and Museum is about 2 blocks from the arena (across the street from the Holiday Inn Express)
-Vanderbilt area is a few miles from downtown. (If Vandy is playing a home game I wouldn't go around there)
-Centennial park, is near Vandy. You can see the Parthenon (exact replica of Athens Parthenon). Preds practice at Centennial Sportsplex (other side of the park).
-Lots of souvenir shops on lower Broad and Second Ave. They have goofy redneck and southern things.
-The arena tower has a little souvenir shop and they might have someone in there that could tell you a few more things to do or see or where to eat.
Or you could always just walk around downtown and explore by yourself.

Bars/Restaurants: (anything near the arena is going to be very packed on game days, especially Saturday games...and especially if the weather is nice)
-Anything on lower Broadway (from the arena to the river) is going to be Pred fan friendly. Tootsies is famous, also Legends, the Stage (Those are bars only).
-The Wildhorse is on Second Ave.
-Coyote Ugly is on Seond Ave.
-There seems to be new restaurants popping up on lower broad so I suggest walking around down there a bit if you're undecided.
-Rippys (directly across from arena) is always packed with Pred fans on game days (before and after games)
-Jacks (with the neon 3 flying pink pigs sign) is good BBQ and always packed.
-Hard Rock Cafe is on corner of Broadway and First Ave
-Second Ave also has some bars/restaurants.
-Demo's on Commerce/Third is good. Steak and Spaghetti. Pretty much always crowded before games.
-The Palm, directly across from arena is expensive, but you never know who you might see there.
-Mortons, good steak place a few blocks up. Again, a bit pricey but the chance sightings are good.
-Most other places you'll need a cab or your car.
-Demonbreun Street has some bars.

Hope this is helpful! Welcome to Nashville, hope you have a great time, though not too much if you aren't cheering for the Preds! ;)

jstreet 09-28-2007 02:04 PM

Wooooooohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im coming back to Nashville too!

I just accepted a job with the Green Hills YMCA. I cant wait to go home!

I should be there in 2-4 weeks. I definetly hope to meet some of you at the pre-game skate!