HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Flames Acquire Lynn Loyns (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=42369)

Ice Cream Man 01-09-2004 09:16 AM

Flames Acquire Lynn Loyns

http://www.calgaryflames.com/cgi-bin...num=0000000077

Another swap with the Sharks.....

sveiglar 01-09-2004 09:17 AM

Watch Sutter turn him into a 30 goal scorer... ;)

dem 01-09-2004 09:21 AM

I heard Sutter really liked Lynn last year.

corbanSOG 01-09-2004 09:28 AM

loyns isnt the biggest or most skilled player out there, but he plays with a ton of heart and feistiness, which is just the kind of player sutter likes. he got some chances on the 4th line in SJ last season and was well liked for his style of play. he'll probably never be much more than a 4th liner, but he'll win over a lot of fans and can even chip in a little offense, but don't expect him to turn into a consistent scoring threat.

a good pick up for the flames, depending on what the future considerations are. he wasn't getting a chance in SJ, as he was beaten out by more talented 3rd/4th line types, but hopefully he'll be given the opputunity to get some minutes in calgary.

Baron Von Shark 01-09-2004 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sveiglar
Watch Sutter turn him into a 30 goal scorer... ;)

I hope to God you were joking...

kolanos 01-09-2004 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Von Shark
I hope to God you were joking...

One word: Donovan

Grizzly Adams 01-09-2004 12:44 PM

maybe lynn will get a few more goals under sutter, but that doesn't make up for all the goals iggy will not get under sutter.

barrytrotzsneck 01-09-2004 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kolanos
One word: Donovan

a few words:

was hot for a couple of weeks, and has fizzled down once again.

Ozy_Flame 01-09-2004 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
a few words:

This is all too true. For those who thought Donovan was a breakout player, he was just on a mean streak and that was it. I'd rather have Iggy scoring them like he is now than Donovan any day.

None of you seriously thought he'd score goals for the Flames, did you?

Hold the Pickles 01-09-2004 03:23 PM

I can't imagine what the considerations are. I wouldn't know how to place a value on Lynn especially with another deep draft--If there is a draft this year.

Any decent guesses???

oildrop 01-09-2004 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharksfanatic
I can't imagine what the considerations are. I wouldn't know how to place a value on Lynn especially with another deep draft--If there is a draft this year.

Any decent guesses???

Why wouldn't there be a Draft this season? The NHL Draft takes place in June and the CBA doesn't expire until the middle of September. The 2004 NHL Draft will go on.

elvis 01-09-2004 03:48 PM

Poll - Which Shark will Sutter acquire next?

Since Darryl Sutter wants to relive his coaching days in teal, which San Jose Shark will he trade for next?

1. Todd Harvey [near the deadline to save as much $$$ as possible]
2. Mark Smith
3. Mike Ricci
4. Miroslav Zalesak
5. Mike Rathje [it could happen]

dougd 01-10-2004 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
a few words:

You mean he shone for only a while??

ModestoFan 01-12-2004 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elvis
Since Darryl Sutter wants to relive his coaching days in teal, which San Jose Shark will he trade for next?

1. Todd Harvey [near the deadline to save as much $$$ as possible]
2. Mark Smith
3. Mike Ricci
4. Miroslav Zalesak
5. Mike Rathje [it could happen]

Possibly Harvey and maybe Smitty, but he'll not get Rathje, and he wouldn't want Zalasek.

Ricci is tough one to call, as he is a major veteran for SJ, but he running the 3rd/4th line. His salary is a non-issue as it will be mostly gone by March.

landshark 01-16-2004 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModestoFan
Possibly Harvey and maybe Smitty, but he'll not get Rathje, and he wouldn't want Zalasek.

Ricci is tough one to call, as he is a major veteran for SJ, but he running the 3rd/4th line. His salary is a non-issue as it will be mostly gone by March.

I'm not sure of Blair Bett's contract situation, but I'd be happy to see Ricci moved for Betts. 4th liner for 4th liner. Age and wisdom for youth and potential. I doubt the Sharks would miss Ricci as Cheechoo seems to have taken over a good part of the "heart and soul of the team" and Patty is stepping it up. I don't feel like SJ would lose much production starting Smith or Betts in place of Ricci. It seems as though Boyes isn't ready yet. I'd be willing to toss in a 5th rounder with Ricci if needed to get Betts.

Overpaying? Realistic? :dunno:

Team_Spirit 01-16-2004 09:32 PM

2a in 3 games so far with a nice +3 ... seem to be a nice pickup .