HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   inlinehockey: girdle or ice pants ?? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=423909)

felixno44 09-28-2007 10:04 AM

inlinehockey: girdle or ice pants ??
 
just curious what you prefer... had an argument with a friend who claims ice hockey pants have more "style" and he therefore would never wear a girdle... what do you think ?

mintsauce 09-28-2007 10:46 AM

For inline, I'd go with a girdle and inline trousers. You generally don't need as much protection and you get slightly better mobility with this setup.

Gino 14 09-28-2007 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixno44 (Post 10564304)
just curious what you prefer... had an argument with a friend who claims ice hockey pants have more "style" and he therefore would never wear a girdle... what do you think ?

If your friend is concerned about "style", he may be in the wrong sport. I agree that the girdle and pants for inline works well, you don't need all the extra padding and the girdle and pants tends to be a little cooler.

crashlanding 09-28-2007 11:59 AM

If he cares about style, let him know that anyone wearing ice hockey pants while playing roller is pretty much laughed at.

I still don't really see a need to wear a girdle in roller either.

itsjustsurvival 09-28-2007 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashlanding (Post 10565473)
I still don't really see a need to wear a girdle in roller either.


RangersMoogle 09-28-2007 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashlanding (Post 10565473)
If he cares about style, let him know that anyone wearing ice hockey pants while playing roller is pretty much laughed at.

I still don't really see a need to wear a girdle in roller either.

I'm cheap and have a 44-46" waist. Even if I could find a pair of inline pants in my size, I wouldn't want to drop $50+ on them.

But yeah, if you're cheap and can back your game up enough to deter all the mockery, go ahead and wear ice pants.

I just get away with wearing them by being notably insane and bigger than everyone else.

BladesOfTeal 09-28-2007 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashlanding (Post 10565473)
I still don't really see a need to wear a girdle in roller either.

Depends on the skill level.

Personally, I would never be caught dead without a girdle.

Nosebleed Section 09-28-2007 01:31 PM

Yeah you get laughed at wearing hockey pants at roller hockey. There also hot as hell playing.

DANCIN'WITHJANSSEN 09-28-2007 02:31 PM

Girdle all the way. light, comfortable and just enough protection...ice pants for inline is bush-league

McNasty 09-28-2007 03:12 PM

Dude I wore black sweatpants for a few games in rollerhockey after my waist strap broke, who cares lol.

Jarick 09-28-2007 03:33 PM

I wouldn't wear ice pants in roller and wouldn't wear roller pants on ice...but that's me.

windflare 09-28-2007 04:27 PM

For practical reasons? Girdle. Lighter, you can wear roller pants over it, and it's protective enough.

However, who cares what other people think. Lots of folks in Van here wear ice pants in the league, since they don't have, or don't bother to buy roller girdles.

BigBearnier 09-28-2007 05:17 PM

ok, half the "hockey pants" out there are multi-colored and you look like a deuschebag in em.. sooo there goes the style.. anyways, I only wear a girdle with inline pants if its a puck... I've even worn hockeypants w/ suspenders... mainly because i can move around better... If its REALLY hot, just wear those jock shorts under the inline pants, and thats all the protection you need..

whatever floats your boat.

wolfgaze 09-29-2007 09:49 AM

I wear a girdle for inline hockey and use inline pants...

I had Built-Rite pants for the last 13 years... Just got new pants lol...

Reebok RBK 8K Pants

http://rs.inlinewarehouse.com/iw/big/RHP8KP-BK-big.jpg


They look sleek and fit the overall color scheme of the rest of my equipment (everything is black)

Nosebleed Section 09-29-2007 02:56 PM

Quote:

ok, half the "hockey pants" out there are multi-colored and you look like a deuschebag in em.. sooo there goes the style.. anyways, I only wear a girdle with inline pants if its a puck... I've even worn hockeypants w/ suspenders... mainly because i can move around better... If its REALLY hot, just wear those jock shorts under the inline pants, and thats all the protection you need..
Naw man you got it all wrong roller hockey is all about the stylish uni's. If you play serious roller hockey you see the sweetest pants, jerseys and gloves.

http://rollerhockey.ca/images/MedicineHat053a.jpg
Ballin.

BigBearnier 09-29-2007 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Mojorisin (Post 10579071)
Naw man you got it all wrong roller hockey is all about the stylish uni's. If you play serious roller hockey you see the sweetest pants, jerseys and gloves.

http://rollerhockey.ca/images/MedicineHat053a.jpg
Ballin.



I guess, some of the team uni's are pretty sweet looking... I've played in statewars, and dynamo leagues and some of the teams jerseys are pretty cool...


But i think he meant just individually, and in that case most of the roller hockey pants look like clown pants

MacBeatsPang 10-01-2007 12:18 PM

I wear a light girdle and inline pants because it gives me more mobility than ice pants and socks. You can find lots of pants in all black or black-grey so the post about wild colors really isn't on the mark. A few guys in our league wear ice pants and socks. It's a free country.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.