HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   2004 Draft, what do we want? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=42408)

Markov79 01-09-2004 11:21 AM

2004 Draft, what do we want?

What type of player are you hoping montreal picks up this year? Another defenceman, a goalie or maybe that elusive powerforward?

Jeffrey 01-09-2004 11:26 AM

best player available :D

merlin 01-09-2004 11:28 AM

We want the best player available...who will a fast, big and mean, but with a scoring touch, forward......unless it is a sleak puck moving defenseman with size......no small players....please.....

Maithz 01-09-2004 11:45 AM

Power Foward like other years .

Team_Spirit 01-09-2004 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABS-65
Power Foward like other years .

:bow:

Malefic74 01-09-2004 11:56 AM

Ideally a bigger player with a fantastic work ethic and great sense of team. Some versatality and above average skating would help too. A Brendan Morrow/Jamie Langenbrunner type.

prabak11 01-09-2004 11:57 AM

no defencemen!

Mats NAslund 01-09-2004 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryoptix
best player available :D

I agree.....best player available.

turnbuckle* 01-09-2004 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merlin
We want the best player available...who will a fast, big and mean, but with a scoring touch, forward......unless it is a sleak puck moving defenseman with size......no small players....please.....

What is sleak? Usually I can take the spelling mistakes here in context, but this one baffles me.

If you meant "sleek", then, by definition, you're looking for a "smooth and shiny, glossy, well groomed, or well-fed" defenceman.

I guess if we can draft a shiny, glossy defenceman, there's a good chance he could be a star, a shining star.

I know Komo was well fed; he's LOST 20 pounds since draft day; not sure how glossy he is though.

Seriously though...I very much agree that we need some forwards with size, and another goaltending prospect.

I'd also settle for a first round tough, skilled, mobile defenceman that can clear the crease with vigor and drop the gloves if challenged. It doesn't look like there are many D-men that fit that description that are rated to go around the 20th selection however.

Mats NAslund 01-09-2004 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prabby
no defencemen!

Why not? What if there's another Komiserek in the mix would you not pick him because he's a d-man? That would be stupid.....

Duff88 01-09-2004 12:07 PM

Needs change in 3-6 years so we're better to take the BPA! But if it's a choice between a 5'8 and a 6'4 who are two great players, the nod will go to the 6'4!

Breenger 01-09-2004 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malefic74
Ideally a bigger player with a fantastic work ethic and great sense of team. Some versatality and above average skating would help too. A Brendan Morrow/Jamie Langenbrunner type.

So, like, a definsive forward then?

Breenger 01-09-2004 12:18 PM

Of course the best player available. I just hope that that player is a big mean LW goal scorer.

Dutchy 01-09-2004 12:21 PM

I don't think the depth in goaltender prospects is as good in 2004 as it was last year. I hope with our 1st pick we can land a PF (Preferably a LW who could go behind Kast.), than maybe a solid Goalie. And I still think that you can't have enough good Dmen. Look at St-Louis and Los Angeles... The injury bug can be quite the *****...

prabak11 01-09-2004 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mats NAslund
Why not? What if there's another Komiserek in the mix would you not pick him because he's a d-man? That would be stupid.....

im sorry but i think u guys have toooooo much hopes for komisarek!

he is way over rated!

but im not saying he is gonna be a bust...

Jeffrey 01-09-2004 01:05 PM

Quote:

im sorry but i think u guys have toooooo much hopes for komisarek!

he is way over rated!

but im not saying he is gonna be a bust...

komi is a keeper !!

prabak11 01-09-2004 01:11 PM

Does Komi Have Any Offencive Talent?

Dutchy 01-09-2004 01:26 PM

Quote:

#1: What's your point? Because a D-Man can't score he's useless? That's not why we drafted him...

#2: He's averaging 0,5 ppg in the AHL so far.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=55632

prabak11 01-09-2004 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchy
#1: What's your point? Because a D-Man can't score he's useless? That's not why we drafted him...

#2: He's averaging 0,5 ppg in the AHL so far.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=55632

#1. IT WAS JUST A QUESTION AND I DIDNT SAY HE WAS USELESS.

#2. WHO CARES HES AVERAGING .5 PPG IN THE AHL? GRATTON IS TEARING UP THE AHL BUT HE SUKS IN NHL DOESNT HE?

Kirk Muller 01-09-2004 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breenger
So, like, a definsive forward then?

Wow, I honestly can't believe I just read that especially in Morrow's case.

Dutchy 01-09-2004 01:51 PM

Quote:

#1. IT WAS JUST A QUESTION AND I DIDNT SAY HE WAS USELESS.

#2. WHO CARES HES AVERAGING .5 PPG IN THE AHL? GRATTON IS TEARING UP THE AHL BUT HE SUKS IN NHL DOESNT HE?

Calm down now for Pete's sake... I thought you were being sarcastic in your post. You need to take a couple of those blue pills.

Oh and BTW, I'm no expert, but for a 21 y/o d-man to be putting those kind of numbers, I think it shows a lot of potential.

Jeffrey 01-09-2004 01:52 PM

Quote:

yes!

Vicious 01-09-2004 02:02 PM

Quote:

Offensive. And, yes he does. Hainsey was always seen as a better offensive defenseman than Komisarek but Komisarek still racked up more points in the AHL.

I'm really starting to think that you don't want this team to win. Every game thread you predict a big loss for the team and now you're questionning our arguably best prospect.

montreal 01-09-2004 02:17 PM

I hope we draft Alex Picard from Lewiston, I could see us pick anywhere from 13th to 23rd, a wide margin as of now. Everyone says BPA, but at those slots, with the talent in this draft, there's going to be a very thin line between them.

Guys I have seen or am interested in, Picard, O'Neil, Wolski, Stafford, Laliberte, Bickell, Mancari, Dannis (FA), Reil. Shinn might be worth a late pick perhaps, he looked ok in the remax games.

prabak11 01-09-2004 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicious
Offensive. And, yes he does. Hainsey was always seen as a better offensive defenseman than Komisarek but Komisarek still racked up more points in the AHL.

I'm really starting to think that you don't want this team to win. Every game thread you predict a big loss for the team and now you're questionning our arguably best prospect.

shhhhhh i love the habs :rolly: