HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Washington Capitals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Semin Seriously Injured tonight? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=424194)

aqua77 09-28-2007 09:02 PM

Semin Seriously Injured tonight?

How bad is Semin's injury?

SSM12 09-28-2007 09:03 PM

Well he finished the period and had a good stickhandling stick in that. Me thinks he was taken out for precautionary reasons. No need to hurt in pre season

malyk 09-28-2007 09:10 PM

There is no way to know yet. If you didn't see it, it looked like a flyers guy punched him up high and knocked him down on the side of the net. My bet is that he twisted something as he went down. The camera barely caught the punch he took as the play left the zone, so we have no way to know what happened until the bloggers that were there put something up.

Unless it's a torn acl/mcl I bet he's back for the opener at the latest.

SSM12 09-28-2007 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malyk (Post 10573103)
There is no way to know yet. If you didn't see it, it looked like a flyers guy punched him up high and knocked him down on the side of the net. My bet is that he twisted something as he went down. The camera barely caught the punch he took as the play left the zone, so we have no way to know what happened until the bloggers that were there put something up.

Unless it's a torn acl/mcl I bet he's back for the opener at the latest.

Dont know about that, the other day I pulled my PCL and it hurt like ****. You wouldnt have been able to get me on the next shift(like Semin) let alone the next day. Im thinking maybe he stepped on the net and sprained an ankle or something. Then again I am no doctor. Hopefully he is all and well

Cush 09-28-2007 10:05 PM

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/capit...n_is_fine.html

Quote:

Some of you may have noticed that Alexander Semin did not skate in the third period. A team spokesman told the media that he's "fine."

Semin tangled with a Philadelphia defenseman behind the net midway through the second period, and appeared to take a stick to the face or the neck. Semin went down in a heap and stayed down. He was eventually helped off the ice by trainer Greg Smith.

Semin returned for a shift a few moments later, but did not skate again. He was not in the dressing room after the game.

HockeyCritter 09-28-2007 10:08 PM

It was a stick followed by a punch .... it looked like Semin hit the back of the net (the metal bars) on the way down to the ice.

I can't believe that the ref just stood there and watched. :shakehead

It was smart that the staff held Semin back --- no need to risk serious injury.

TempusFugit 09-28-2007 11:05 PM

I just read a Russian news report, from a very reliable Russian newspaper, who heard it from Andrei Nikolishin that Semin has an ingrown toenail and is out at least 6 months. Where is CCCP when I really need him?

Foy 09-28-2007 11:52 PM

And Tarik is wrong about Semin not returning. He was back out there during the third.

HC was right, a sucker punch to the face, and down he went, courtesy of Gauthier, who also landed a sucker punch on Pettinger later on.

Have My Baby Pierre 09-29-2007 12:31 AM

This thread title scared the crap out of me. Any news?

sk84fun_dc 09-29-2007 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucky #13 (Post 10574689)
This thread title scared the crap out of me. Any news?

same, even with the ? at the end it was not fun reading that title...glad I had already read the update before I saw it.

and glad it sounds like the injury is not serious and he was just held out for precautionary reasons

SSM12 09-29-2007 01:02 AM

From the caps post game, he shouldnt be held out of any games so we should see him on Sunday

XDC-RES 09-29-2007 07:17 AM

I was at a live draft while this game was being played and picked Semin up in the 5th round. A steal I thought.....

Here's hoping he's OK.

RandyHolt 09-29-2007 10:34 AM

He was fine. Perhaps he is the most "Claude Lemieux like" of all our players. Truth be told faking injuries to the zebras's does lead to penalty calls.

Foy 09-29-2007 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyHolt (Post 10576412)
He was fine. Perhaps he is the most "Claude Lemieux like" of all our players. Truth be told faking injuries to the zebras's does lead to penalty calls.

He didn't "fake" anything. Gauthier punched him in the face, and his head hit the crossbar on the way down.

Cush 09-29-2007 11:55 AM

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/capit...appenings.html

Quote:

Alexander Semin is not on the ice for practice. He did not skate in the third period after taking a hit behind the Flyers' net during last night's 7-5 preseason victory over the Flyers. The Caps insist he's fine. I'm supposed to be interviewing him for a feature story later today, so I'll ask.

Update:Okay, just ran into Semin. He's limping pretty good. He's got a tight wrap on his right ankle, which leads me to believe he hurt himself when he stepped awkwardly on the net.

Have My Baby Pierre 09-29-2007 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cush (Post 10577236)

ugh, please be fine soon

HoverCarle* 09-29-2007 02:35 PM

:(! im glad my leagure doesnt start scoring till next week.

hope hes ok...

RandyHolt 09-29-2007 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foy (Post 10576466)
He didn't "fake" anything. Gauthier punched him in the face, and his head hit the crossbar on the way down.

Oh my bad. It sounds like the punch wasnt too bad it was his ankle. He does seem to be the most "injury prone" of our current roster. But where the hell were his teammates? If our 2nd best player get punched in the head in a meaningless preseason game without repercussions, than that concerns me.

Cush 09-29-2007 07:06 PM

update from TariK

Quote:

Update: Semin postponed our interview because of his ankle. It's believed to be a sprain. Nothing too serious, but he won't play tomorrow, I'm told.

HockeyCritter 09-29-2007 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foy (Post 10576466)

I thought it was Smith ---- I just saw Semin get punched and fall rather oddly. I thought he hit his head on the back of the net .... I guess he stepped on the back of the net and twisted his ankle ..... still don't understand how the ref just watched it happen .... and then stood there for at least a minute while Semin laid motionless on the ice before deciding to blow his whistle.

PSUhockey34 09-29-2007 07:31 PM

I'm shocked we actually know it's more then just a lower body injury...they're usually hush hush about those kind of things

malyk 09-29-2007 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyCritter (Post 10582021)
I thought it was Smith ---- I just saw Semin get punched and fall rather oddly. I thought he hit his head on the back of the net .... I guess he stepped on the back of the net and twisted his ankle ..... still don't understand how the ref just watched it happen .... and then stood there for at least a minute while Semin laid motionless on the ice before deciding to blow his whistle.

Just so you know...

The refs don't blow the whistle when a player is injured just because he is injured. They wait until the flow of the game is disrupted before doing so. The flyers were on a rush while semin was on the ice, so they did the right thing by waiting until the play unraveled before stopping the clock.

Backstrom #19 09-29-2007 08:51 PM

Somebody should have stuck up for Semin, they would have never punched Clark or Brash.

malyk 09-29-2007 10:06 PM

It was behind the play, no caps were close. I'd be suprised if anyone on the ice saw it.

And it wasn't really a punch, imo. The flyers guy took both hands and pushed semin in the upperchest/neck/head area. Semin started to stumble over backwards and then went off camera. He must have stepped on the net.

It's not like the guy cold cocked him with a right hook or anything.

Backstrom #19 09-30-2007 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malyk (Post 10585260)
It was behind the play, no caps were close. I'd be suprised if anyone on the ice saw it.

And it wasn't really a punch, imo. The flyers guy took both hands and pushed semin in the upperchest/neck/head area. Semin started to stumble over backwards and then went off camera. He must have stepped on the net.

It's not like the guy cold cocked him with a right hook or anything.

Oh Ok, i didn't see the game so thanks for explaining what happened, Semin should be ready for the 1st game, i hope.