HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Foot Pain (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=424952)

ShowmeHawks 10-01-2007 08:09 AM

Foot Pain

I bought a new pair of Bauer Vapor XXIII about 2 months ago. They are broken in, as I have skated at least twice a week since getting them. But after every time I skate, I get shin splints and cramping in the arch of my foot. It is really getting to be a problem because I am pretty much shot by the third period.

Has anyone else had this problem, and how did you fix it?

I'm thinking a nice pair of insoles or something would help, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had any luck with something else.

triggrman 10-01-2007 11:21 AM

Sounds like they might not be a good fit.

I can't wear Nike/Bauer for that reason. CCM fit me better.

Ti-girl 10-01-2007 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowmeHawks (Post 10597005)
I bought a new pair of Bauer Vapor XXIII about 2 months ago. They are broken in, as I have skated at least twice a week since getting them. But after every time I skate, I get shin splints and cramping in the arch of my foot. It is really getting to be a problem because I am pretty much shot by the third period.

Has anyone else had this problem, and how did you fix it?

I'm thinking a nice pair of insoles or something would help, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had any luck with something else.

There are the superfeet insoles that you could try, but it does sound like its the wrong fit. I wore the one90's for a few weeks before I realised that the skates just didn't fit me. I was sad to sell them but I picked up the RBK 9K pumps and couldn't be happier.

Nosebleed Section 10-01-2007 05:38 PM

I had the pain in my arches to. I used some Dr. Scholls insoles and that helped a bit. For the shins, maybe try arranging your shinpads differently like if you have you shin pad tucked inside or outside of your skate tongue try a different way might help.

XweekendwarriorX 10-01-2007 07:52 PM

i had the same problem when i first got mt bauer 30 but after a month ,y feet have never felt better.

LilWinger11 10-02-2007 09:47 AM

Do you have high arches? I have really high arches and without orthotics in my skates (Bauer Vapor VIII) I have the same kind of symptoms. Rather than just innersoles, you might want to try something with an arch support.

ShowmeHawks 10-02-2007 03:05 PM

I have no idea if I have high arches. I assume my arches are average, but I don't go around checking out peoples arches, so honestly I wouldn't know.

Good question though, and I will look into it. Thank you for your help everyone.

KevFist 10-02-2007 04:02 PM

Funny thing...once I had this same problem with a pair of Mission inline skates. I was advised to get two pieces of felt, cut them into the shape of an insole, and put them beneath my inserts. I did it, and my pains went away almost immediately. It's worth a shot.

Still All In 10-02-2007 05:01 PM

Like everyone else has said, bad fit.

Same reason i'm dumping my missions for a pair of tours (inline).

nyrmetros 10-02-2007 11:59 PM

I have flat feet and I've always experienced foot pain in every skate I have ever tried on (inline and ice) untill I found the RBK 4k and 5ks. Most comfortable skates I've ever been in. Can play for hours now, and not cry after a few minutes.

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD 10-03-2007 12:52 AM

I have the same problem with Nike/Bauer.

I miss my Grafs :cry:

-B