HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Heel problems!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=427031)

koh19 10-05-2007 05:30 PM

Heel problems!!

I've got a problem!!! For some reason, I have this "lump of skin" on the back of my heels. I always get blisters and the dead skin just keeps piling on. I tried to trim it with some sort of scrub but nothing has worked so far....does anyone else have this problem? if so, how to you deal with it..?
thanks in advance

CorsiCounter 10-05-2007 05:45 PM

I have this problem too. It has to do with rubbing of your heel one the back of the skate due to either flat feet or pronation. My foot doctor told me this and I had inserts molded to use in my skates. You could try the inserts which are supposed to work but I don't use them anymore instead I take a cotton from a ball and cover the bump with it then place a large bandaid over top when I play, and the bumps neither hurt or get bigger.

We'reGonnaWin* 10-06-2007 01:54 AM

jwags advice is great for the short-term.
But in the longer-term, think about getting better fitting skates next time you're buying skates. That'll prevent the heel slippage that's giving you blisters and such.

koh19 10-06-2007 07:52 AM

thanks jwags, i'll definitely try that!

vivianmb 10-07-2007 02:53 AM

get rid of the socks. your skates can go about 2 1/2 sizes smaller than your shoes.and they'll fit the same every time. socks tend to "thin out " after a while, causing the skate to become looser over time.

clawfirst 10-07-2007 02:32 PM

This is not a problem(provided your skates actually fit), your feet are callusing to protect them from all the skating, its normal if you play often and hard.
Every hocky player gets this around the back of the heel

oh and if you can fit a wad of cotton in your skate they dont fit

Staalwart 10-09-2007 06:45 PM

As far as the blisters go, best way to get them to heal quickly is to buy a bottle of vitamin e gel caps. Use a pin to pop the gel cap and put the vitamin e directly on the blister. As far as prevention goes, the methods already mentioned are spot on.

keef 10-09-2007 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koh19 (Post 10657991)
I've got a problem!!! For some reason, I have this "lump of skin" on the back of my heels. I always get blisters and the dead skin just keeps piling on. I tried to trim it with some sort of scrub but nothing has worked so far....does anyone else have this problem? if so, how to you deal with it..?
thanks in advance

Make sure that this is really just dead skin. If the lump of skin is hard, you're probably developing a condition called haglund's deformity. It's a hard bump that forms at the back of the heel due to pressure and friction from poor fitting skates. Usually it means that the skates are too big. Once the bumps form, they never go away (unless you elect for surgery).

Grave77digger 10-09-2007 11:12 PM

I have them and there harmless

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD 10-15-2007 12:34 PM

I also have them and haven't skated at the Div 1 level in over 5 years...so they definitely don't go away.

They're still there and don't hurt at all now since I haven't been able to skate.

They stopped hurting after I changed skates to ones that fit better and I think this may be the solution to your problem. Keyword "may"

good luck

-B

Nosebleed Section 10-15-2007 05:23 PM

It's a useless lump that develops when you play hockey it even happens with the best skates and fitting money can buy as far as I know. Embrace your lump, make him your special freind, mine is called Paul.