HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Svitov and Fedorov? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=42753)

Traitor8 01-10-2004 04:41 PM

Svitov and Fedorov?

What would you guys give up to acquire Svitov or Fedor Fedorov ?

They both have good potentiel and size. Svitov could be that 3rd liner with size who has a good two way game and that can play sometimes physically. He also has good chemistry with Perezhogin.

Fedorov was playing very well and apparently an off ice problem happend and he is scratched for the last 10 games so he is on the market for sure.

Freaky Habs Fan 01-10-2004 04:50 PM

I don't know if we could aquired Svitov without giving top prospect. But maybe I would try to make a package with something like: Rivet, Hossa and a 3rd rounder or something like that...

For Fedorov, well, I wouldn't give to much for him. We already have a good bunch of prospects with that kind of skills so I would wait and try to have Umberger. Maybe we could see Hossa for Umberger at the trade deadline?

PrairieHabber 01-10-2004 04:56 PM

According to today's Winnipeg Free Press Fedorov will start playing again in the next game. The Moose coach (Stan Smyl) has been told to play him, broken rules or not. Fedorov is a headcase if there ever was one. He makes Marcel Hossa look like a post boy for consistency. Fedorov has been one of the most talented players in the AHL the past few seasons but Brian Burke wasn't able to get much of anything in terms of offers for him recently.

Mathletic 01-10-2004 05:00 PM

I would never take that stupid idiot of Svitov on my team

chicpea* 01-10-2004 05:05 PM

I wonder what Fedorov did to warrant a 10 game benching...?
I think Smyl's days in winnipeg are numbered and not just because of this incident.

goalchenyuk 01-10-2004 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles

???

if you don't like him , you don't need to call him stupid idiot...

PrairieHabber 01-10-2004 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicpea
I wonder what Fedorov did to warrant a 10 game benching...?
I think Smyl's days in winnipeg are numbered and not just because of this incident.

Fedorov routinely crosses the line with team rules and the one that got him in trouble most recently was when he went out and partied the night before an afternoon game.

Regarding Smyl, keep in mind he is one of the most popular Canucks ever so it would take a lot for the team to let him go.

chicpea* 01-10-2004 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrairieHabber
Fedorov routinely crosses the line with team rules and the one that got him in trouble most recently was when he went out and partied the night before an afternoon game.

Regarding Smyl, keep in mind he is one of the most popular Canucks ever so it would take a lot for the team to let him go.

Thanks. You're right about Smyl too. I just think his name is popping up a lot out here and usually with people talking of 'development' concerns.

As to Fedfeds problems, that gets a lot of play too, so I can't think the Habs would need the hassle? I mean, I've seen him play, but he has yet to blow my mind.

didjuicythat 01-10-2004 05:28 PM

Quote:

Are you a friend of John Tortorella or what? :dunno: These comments weren't necessary.

Mathletic 01-10-2004 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiggsFan
Are you a friend of John Tortorella or what? :dunno: These comments weren't necessary.

I guess you didn't watch the WJC few years ago when he sucker punched a Swiss

Estimated_Prophet 01-10-2004 07:01 PM

Fedor Fedorov is worthless and does not have a future in the NHL. The guy could hardly score in junior and is living off of his brothers reputation.

Guy Caballero 01-10-2004 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet
Fedor Fedorov is worthless and does not have a future in the NHL. The guy could hardly score in junior and is living off of his brothers reputation.

Sounds familiar. :mad:

#44_delivers 01-10-2004 07:16 PM

Quote:

I guess you didn't watch the WJC few years ago when he sucker puched a Swiss

he also spat on southerby a couple of years ago in the wjc, but damn id love to have him on my team, his game is rigid and raw but i think he'll smooth out his game soon. i think he'll be a 1st line center in this league in the future imo.

Marchy79 01-10-2004 07:56 PM

Fedor I'd leave in Vancouver, he does not interest me at all... But Svitov, I see him play with Hamilton, and I would love to be able to call him habs territory... Soo much talent there! He has the ability and moxy to absolutely dominate like none of the others can... Think of a better Bobby Holik (when he was in NJ) 'cause that'll be Svitov in the not so far off future.

Souffle 01-11-2004 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komisarek8
What would you guys give up to acquire Svitov or Fedor Fedorov ?

They both have good potentiel and size. Svitov could be that 3rd liner with size who has a good two way game and that can play sometimes physically. He also has good chemistry with Perezhogin.

Fedorov was playing very well and apparently an off ice problem happend and he is scratched for the last 10 games so he is on the market for sure.

Federov is of little interest. Possibly a throw-in as part of a larger deal, but nothing more.

Svitov, on the other hand, has tremendous upside. He has suffered under Tampa's mismanagement and personal misfortune, missing a year and a half due to "army commitments", and then spending a worthless year with the Lightning as an under-used 4th line player.

He really needed to play in a good developmental prorgram like the one in Hamilton. No matter whether he's traded to Montreal or not, Tampa will have to thank Jarvis and co. for saving his career.

But he would cost enormously. Appparently Feaster was unwilling to trade him for Hamrlik straight up. Forget the usual package of Rivet, Hossa, and whatever. I seriously think that if Gainey asked, Feaster would want Markov back -- straight up.

Habsaku 01-11-2004 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davedave
But he would cost enormously. Appparently Feaster was unwilling to trade him for Hamrlik straight up. Forget the usual package of Rivet, Hossa, and whatever. I seriously think that if Gainey asked, Feaster would want Markov back -- straight up.

We don't know that, he would certainly cost as much if not less then Mike Comrie, which means a good prospect and a 1st or less.

I don't want Fedorov, the guy has a huge upside (10 points in his first 5 games), but he's got a 2cent head, he's the typical idiot.

I've been wanting Svitov for a lot of time so I'd welcome him with open arms.

RichardZednik#20 01-11-2004 11:10 AM

Svitov was taken 3rd overall in 2001, why would TB trade him?? Komisarek would not be enough for him so... He would cost us to much in return to even think about doing it. Plus I really belive he has attitude problem.

Souffle 01-11-2004 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsaku
We don't know that, he would certainly cost as much if not less then Mike Comrie, which means a good prospect and a 1st or less.

I am not sure he would cost as much as Comrie. After all, Comrie has already scored 30 goals in a season. But it might be somewhat similar.

I would offer Hainsey and a so-so draft pick, as a swap of prospects each supposedly carrying attitude baggage along with undeniable skills. Probably wouldn't work, though, as Tampa seems to want someone who can help now.