HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal:Perrault to DEVS (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=42795)

friesen12 01-10-2004 08:21 PM

Proposal:Perrault to DEVS

Devils get: Perrault

Habs get: 1st round pick

only reason why he is so cheep is because of his contract is up at the end of the season

leafaholix* 01-10-2004 08:39 PM

He wouldn't fetch a 3rd rounder.

Winston Wolf 01-10-2004 08:40 PM

Perrault isn't worth anywere near a 1st rounder. Try a mid round pick and a decent prospect.

Jeffrey 01-10-2004 08:45 PM

1st round pick is a big stretch !!
2nd/3rd round pick are more likely ...

Malakhov 01-10-2004 09:32 PM

Perreault really isn't that bad.

9 goals, 8 assists, 17 points in 35 games and he's the best player for taking face offs.

We'll lose him at the end of the year though I'd rather we keep him the longest we can.

#44_delivers 01-10-2004 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malakhov
Perreault really isn't that bad.

9 goals, 8 assists, 17 points in 35 games and he's the best player for taking face offs.

We'll lose him at the end of the year though I'd rather we keep him the longest we can.

im not a fan of his game at all in fact i hate his game no passion at all and just floats on the ice, but that being said, mind you i dont think he's worth a 5th rounder, his value will go up as the trade deadline gets closer, winning faceoffs is EXTREAMLY important aspect of the game especialy in the playoffs, and he's the best faceoff man in the league bar-none, so i could easily see him going for a 1st rounder as the deadline gets closer.(i will be a happy habs fan to see him go)

Malakhov 01-10-2004 09:46 PM

Perreault doesn't only "float" on the ice. It's his playstyle and he's not a great skater that's all. It's not because he doesn't give any effort.

NJ_Devil_Boy 01-10-2004 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by friesen12

only reason why he is so cheep is because of his contract is up at the end of the season

1st round pick is considered "cheap"? :lol: :shakehead

McDonald19 01-10-2004 10:29 PM

Montreal should be thrilled to get a third rounder for Perrault.

A first rounder!! :joker: :joker:

Jeffrey 01-10-2004 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDonald19

3rd rounder .. hummm . i wouldn't do it ... he's way more useful in the playoff than a 3rd rounder ! and right now we are going in the playoff ;)

Artyukhin* 01-10-2004 10:36 PM

Quote:

=-=========

i say his value only gets higher the closer the play off get..if were in goin to make the play offs he wiill be an asset we can use...if we fall out of the play off picture,lots of team will want him (no .1 face off man in the leauge) and let th ebiddin war begin...remember what bobby clarke gave for adam oates ?

McDonald19 01-10-2004 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
=-=========

i say his value only gets higher the closer the play off get..if were in goin to make the play offs he wiill be an asset we can use...if we fall out of the play off picture,lots of team will want him (no .1 face off man in the leauge) and let th ebiddin war begin...remember what bobby clarke gave for adam oates ?

Adam Oates is a borderline Hall of Famer and Bobby Clarke made a crazy move to try to win it all that year.

No GM will do that for Perrault.

Jeffrey 01-10-2004 11:12 PM

Quote:

Adam Oates is a borderline Hall of Famer and Bobby Clarke made a crazy move to try to win it all that year.

No GM will do that for Perrault.

duh !
he's just saying that his value will be at is peak !!
so we maybe could get something good for him...

McDonald19 01-10-2004 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryoptix
duh !
he's just saying that his value will be at is peak !!
so we maybe could get something good for him...

something better than a third rounder?

Brodeur 01-10-2004 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
=-=========

Keep in mind Oates led the league in assists, and was #8 in points that season.

Basically you're trying to compare Bryan Marchment to Ray Bourque.

Mental 01-11-2004 05:54 AM

Quote:

A first rounder!!
They got a 2nd for Eric Chouinard...

Missionhockey 01-11-2004 08:39 AM

Quote:

Please....PLEASE stop making proposals.

Traitor8 01-11-2004 08:43 AM

A first rounder is too much unless they are very desperate for him.
A 2nd rounder would be a good deal.

The Habs might keep Perreault if they don't get an offer they like and 3rd-4th or 5th rounder won't get it done unless the habs are out of the playoffs.

If the habs are in the playoffs, then they would want to keep him since his salary is already almost full payed and he will win lots of faceoffs and that can change the outcome of a series or of a match.

He also adds depth to the Habs lineup IN CASE of injury in the playoffs where it gets really rough. He is also good on the PP and mostly consitent.

So for those who offer lame stuff for Perreault, forget it! We are in no hurry to trade him.

Souffle 01-11-2004 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mental

Yeah, that's a good point. Perreault will probably get something between an Oates and Chouinard-like return. It's really just a lottery, depending on demand, injuries, and team depth.

Even though the Devils' 1st round pick will be somewhere between 25-30 overall, I doubt Perreault is worth that much. But if he's traded, he should bring a better return than what Chouinard brought. Anything less and the Habs might as well just keep him for his faceoff excellence for the playoff stretch.

Patty Roy 01-11-2004 09:14 AM

Quote:

Seriously, is this an attempt at trolling on your part? I don't think anyone in their right mind would think that Yanic Perreault is worth a 1st round pick.

It's already been posted, but if the Habs are offered a 3rd for Perreault, he's a gonner.

Marc the Habs Fan 01-11-2004 09:24 AM

isn't friesen 12 a Devils fan with that name?

whatever, just get Perreault out of Montreal please.

McDonald19 01-11-2004 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mental

Not a good example because Chouinard was a 1st round draft pick who still was considered to have potential yet to be reached.

Where as Perrault is older, about to be a UFA, and is only going to get worse.

Garnet 01-11-2004 02:32 PM

If traded

If Perreault is traded I think its going to be a second round pick. I think a third round pick is fair but I feel a team will give up a 2nd for him near the deadline. Im talking a 50-60 pick in the draft.

Souffle 01-11-2004 03:05 PM

Quote:

Not a good example because Chouinard was a 1st round draft pick who still was considered to have potential yet to be reached.

Where as Perrault is older, about to be a UFA, and is only going to get worse.

He was actually a bust, a total bust who wasn't even playing with the Habs minor league affiliate. He might have had potential, but Perreault has consistently scored 20-25 goals and is bar none the best face-off man in the league. Free agent or not, that's more valuable to a playoff team than a failed 1st round darft pick.

Vanya 01-11-2004 05:05 PM

As a Devil fan I'd be more than willing to give a 3rd Rounder to get Perrault's face-off skills to Jersey right away. However, I think this trade will go down at the deadline to minimize the impact Yannic's salary will have on the Devils, which don't seem too interested in adding payroll.