HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Carter to Portland (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=428569)

wildcat48 10-09-2007 09:17 PM

Carter to Portland

Ryan Carter has been assigned to Portland.

CHRDANHUTCH 10-09-2007 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildcat48 (Post 10708715)
Ryan Carter has been assigned to Portland.

Interesting, since Bobby Ryan assumed the # 29 Carter wore last year on Saturday night.

Duck Off 10-09-2007 10:58 PM

haha I called it..:yo:

snarktacular 10-09-2007 11:32 PM

Sounds like Sami's back.

They should be sending another forward down shortly as well, considering we've got 14 forwards not including Pahlsson. Carter's also the most expensive of the 2-way players, making almost double what Mowers does. But that'll probably be on Thursday, after the Boston game. Especially with Bertuzzi possibly needing to rest his groin.

TheJoeMan 10-09-2007 11:41 PM

I imagine Miller will be sent back down once Travis is good to go. The fact that he hasn't yet makes me nervous on how hurt Travis is. It's critical that we have all three of our shut down guys healthy to get out of this early season slump.

But Carter won't stay down very much this season. He was terrific on the PK. He's a great forechecker and will definitely have a permanent on this roster in the not too distant future. I wish we could keep him and not Mowers. Mowers has been worthless since we got him. With Sammy back and Miller still here, I can't fathom why he'd see the ice anytime soon.

MOENing 10-09-2007 11:45 PM

Do you think King will stay with the ducks he was quite impressive to me.

Ducksforcup 10-09-2007 11:50 PM

I thought that Miller looked a lot better than King to be honest. Though King looked really nervous...I'm sure he will do better next game. And it has been mentioned before, but King can score at this level. Miller...not quite yet. He looked very good though.

Carter was great on the PK. I agree with Joeyman...he will be back soon.

snarktacular 10-10-2007 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJoeMan (Post 10710068)
I imagine Miller will be sent back down once Travis is good to go. The fact that he hasn't yet makes me nervous on how hurt Travis is. It's critical that we have all three of our shut down guys healthy to get out of this early season slump.

But Carter won't stay down very much this season. He was terrific on the PK. He's a great forechecker and will definitely have a permanent on this roster in the not too distant future. I wish we could keep him and not Mowers. Mowers has been worthless since we got him. With Sammy back and Miller still here, I can't fathom why he'd see the ice anytime soon.

Why Mowers is up and Carter is sent down:
Mowers = 463 k
Carter = 850 k

We also don't really have space on the bottom 2 lines. The third line has Moen-Pahlsson-Niedermayer and the fourth line has May-Marchant-Parros/fill in. Mowers at 460k is a better fill in than Carter at 850k. We are somewhat cap conscious, just look at the numbers mentioned in the "trade ideas" thread

Although if Marchant is moved, Carter's a prime candidate to get his spot.

And I think the fact Miller hasn't been sent down has more to do with Bertuzzi than Moen. The Register said Moen should play tomorrow. But according to the "other board," Bertuzzi has a tweaked groin.