HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Free Agent Frenzy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Who on your favorite team is available & tradeable ? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=43186)

Lambert Closse 01-12-2004 09:26 AM

Who on your favorite team is available & tradeable ?

Which player on your team is expandable, tradable and could be more useful elsewhere.

Please no:"This guy stinks, get him out for a garbage can full of puck" post.

I'll start with the Habs, IMO:

Ron Hainsey: not in MTL d-men top 7 right now, maybe too young to be traded but I wouldn't be surprised if Gainey traded him to get help up-front.

Craig Rivet: Habs have similar cheaper d-man.

Yanic Perreault: Top face-off man, could be useful for a team looking to go far in the play-offs, not just trying to make them.

Howard35 01-12-2004 09:34 AM

available from detroit:

-dandenault
-devereaux
-jason williams
-a few prospects im sure if we want to get a forward or something
-if hasek is looking at 100% by the deadline then i could see us parting with cujo

not tradeable: first rounder for 2004, we need it

drewcon40 01-12-2004 09:35 AM

[QUOTE=Lambert Closse]Which player on your team is expandable, tradable and could be more useful elsewhere.

New York Rangers - entire roster (with the exception of Jed Ortmeyer)

realistically - Tom Poti frustrates a lot of Ranger fans. Pretty good offensive-type defenseman but does not utilize his big body.

Anson Carter could be moved as well. Malakhov has intentions of retiring at season's end.

I'm sure Ranger fans will have a lot of input. I don't want to speak on behalf of all fans but a high percentage wouldn't mind some of the younger players in the system see more time on the big club. Not necessarily a rebuild but maybe sprinkle in younger players like the 'Lanche have done successfully.

thestonedkoala 01-12-2004 09:37 AM

Wild
- Antti Laaksonen
- Johan Holmqvist
- Kyle Kettles
- Frederic Cloutier
- Rickard Wallin
- Stephane Veilleux
- Dan Cavanaugh

Possible:
- Manny Fernandez
- Jim Dowd
- Richard Park
- Matt Foy

Only if the right deal came around-
- Wes Walz
- Mikko Koivu
- Pascal Dupuis

Steve Latin* 01-12-2004 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Wild
- Antti Laaksonen
- Johan Holmqvist
- Kyle Kettles
- Frederic Cloutier
- Rickard Wallin
- Stephane Veilleux
- Dan Cavanaugh

Possible:
- Manny Fernandez
- Jim Dowd
- Richard Park
- Matt Foy

Only if the right deal came around-
- Wes Walz
- Mikko Koivu
- Pascal Dupuis

Pens first round pick this year (before the lottery) for Gaborik?

S L

nikolai19 01-12-2004 09:39 AM

Well, with Deadmarsh, Allison, Straka, Palffy, Miller, Aulin, Brown all out the Kings should be falling fairly quick from the standings. The guys I think would be available would be:

Modry-UFA at years end. Good PP guy, decent defensively

Lappy-Another UFA. Grit, heart, soul. Would be tough to get rid of him, but teams would probably die for his toughness.

Armstrong-Granted he is a journeyman, I could see a team take a chance on him to sink up some 3rd line minutes. Give him someone good to play with and he might suprise you (see Palffy)

Norstrom-Yes it's a stretch, but I think they may be willing to listen to offers for the captain.

Avery-You want a crazy sparkplug type of guy who hits and is arguable the biggest gnat in the league...here is your guy.

Oiltalk 01-12-2004 09:42 AM

1. Laraque- For a small market team like the Oilers he makes too much for what he contributes. Most active player in the community though, which draws some fans.

2. Ferguson - Good depth dman, but soon to be unseated by one of the younger guys looking for spots.

3. Smith- Has been the Oilers best defenceman up to date. Lowe is looking for fire power.

thestonedkoala 01-12-2004 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Latin
Pens first round pick this year (before the lottery) for Gaborik?

S L

No, and I didn't put Gaborik...

The Tang 01-12-2004 09:44 AM

From Pittsburgh:

Berehowsky
Morozov
Holzinger
Eastwood
Boileau
Bergevin
Buchberger

so pretty much stop-gap guys if your team is injury riddled, or just looking for some additional playoff depth. have 7th-9th round picks handy (though more for Morozov).

CREW99AW 01-12-2004 09:45 AM

Isles

Hamrlik's probably available.
Cairns's probably available.
I'm not 100% sure about Peca's availibilty :dunno:
When Parrish returns,if the youngsters Hunter,Weinhandl+ Papineau have played well in his absence,I expect Parrish to be gone by the trade deadline.

Isles have passed on recent salary dumping trades since Wang's dropped his Nets bid.

And Wang's said the isles won't be dumping salary, so no spare part offers for Hamrlik,Peca,Parrish ;)

Peter Griffin 01-12-2004 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Zero
From Pittsburgh:
Morozov

Morozov might be an interesting addition for the Canucks. They could use an offensively gifted player to play alongside the Sedins. What is he like defensively? How "soft" is he? What would the Pens want? Picks/prospects? Keep in mind, the Canucks likely won't trade anyone off their current roster aside from possibly Artem Chubarov and Marek Malik.

The Tang 01-12-2004 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
Morozov might be an interesting addition for the Canucks. They could use an offensively gifted player to play alongside the Sedins. What is he like defensively? How "soft" is he? What would the Pens want? Picks/prospects? Keep in mind, the Canucks likely won't trade anyone off their current roster aside from possibly Artem Chubarov and Marek Malik.

Defensively: not very good.
How Soft?: think snuggles dry sheet commercials, or something that promotes soft/ pansy/ pushover.
Return?: giving Umberger and Federov, both who are apparently on the block, would probably be over paying. At this point many pens fans may settle for one, but dont expect Morozov to go for nothing.

Peter Griffin 01-12-2004 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Zero
Defensively: not very good.
How Soft?: think snuggles dry sheet commercials, or something that promotes soft/ pansy/ pushover.

Well if the asking price was right(prospects in this case), I would probably take a chance on Morozov. The Canucks could use a guy with his talent, and defense is something that can be taught. I remember how soft and poor defensively Naslund was when he first joined the Canucks, and the you watch a game like he played last night, and it shows that some players can improve in those areas. In any case, it would be worth the gamble IMO. The Canucks gambled on Naslund and it paid. They gambled on Bertuzzi and it worked. If the asking price for a guy like Morozov wasn't too much, I'd be willing to take another gamble.

Quote:

Return?: giving Umberger and Federov, both who are apparently on the block, would probably be over paying. At this point many pens fans may settle for one, but dont expect Morozov to go for nothing.
I doubt Umbeger will be dealt. Burke is taking a stance in their negotiations and likely won't deal Umberger at all. If the Canucks lose him to UFA, they will receive a 2nd round pick in the 2005 draft, so all is not lost. Fedorov I can see being dealt, but only if the Canucks receive a talented player in return, in this case, I believe Morozov would be suitable.

Would Fedorov and a mid-round pick(5th rounder) be enough to land Morozov? Fedor appears to be finished as a Canuck, or close to it, so at least they wouldn't be losing anything really.

Starsdude 01-12-2004 10:35 AM

Stars:

I believe They are out of it so I would offer up a lot more but I believe the players with the most value are young(Stars have none really to spare) or UFAs. Thus for a pick Stars would probably trade the following near the deadline:

Young( Would have to waive NTC)
Teppo(NTC also)
Klemm UFA to be
Matty(would likely be kept as they want him back
Barnes(two years left versatile would take at least a good prospect, young d-man or higher pick)
Dimaio(UFA)

Of the young guys

Kapanen (poor year so far but is 25 can kill penalties and was a good playoff performer)

Peter Griffin 01-12-2004 10:37 AM

I would like to see the Canucks make an offer for Teppo Numminen or Jon Klemm near the trade deadline(assuming Dallas is out of the playoff picture). Would the Stars take a 3rd round pick for Klemm? How about a 3rd round pick and a decent prospect for Teppo?

BrianBurke 01-12-2004 10:38 AM

Quote:

Would Fedorov and a mid-round pick(5th rounder) be enough to land Morozov? Fedor appears to be finished as a Canuck, or close to it, so at least they wouldn't be losing anything really.

Nobody wants Fedor or he'd be gone by now. The guy has ruined his career.

Ajacied 01-12-2004 10:40 AM

Quote:

I would like to see the Canucks make an offer for Teppo Numminen or Jon Klemm near the trade deadline(assuming Dallas is out of the playoff picture). Would the Stars take a 3rd round pick for Klemm? How about a 3rd round pick and a decent prospect for Teppo?

Nope, pretty horrible to say the least..

Klemm cost us a 2nd and a reliable #5/#6 who you could easily call one of the fan favorites at the time. His value would only increase nearing the deadline, though just slightly.

Numminen cost us Sydor, and would cost you a solid prospect and a 2nd.

Peter Griffin 01-12-2004 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modano = God
Nope, pretty horrible to say the least..

Klemm cost us a 2nd and a reliable #5/#6 who you could easily call one of the fan favorites at the time. His value would only increase nearing the deadline, though just slightly.

Numminen cost us Sydor, and would cost you a solid prospect and a 2nd.

Just saying what I'd offer. I'm not going to overpay just because Dallas did. If they want to trade either, don't expect to get better value...

Ajacied 01-12-2004 10:43 AM

Quote:

Just saying what I'd offer. I'm not going to overpay just because Dallas did. If they want to trade either, don't expect to get better value...

I expect so, or else I do not see the point in trading them..

Peter Griffin 01-12-2004 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianBurke
Nobody wants Fedor or he'd be gone by now.

I disagree. There are probably teams out there that would be willing to take a chance on Fedor assuming the price is right. I just think that Burke is extremely hesitant of trading him right now.

Quote:

The guy has ruined his career.
Probably. He has the talent and size to be a top player. Unfortunately he has the heart and brain of a parakeet...some sort of botched surgery when he was a child I suppose...

Peter Griffin 01-12-2004 10:45 AM

Quote:

I expect so, or else I do not see the point in trading them..

So losing them for what could essentially be nothing is better?

Starsdude 01-12-2004 10:49 AM

Umbarger would probably get you Klemm as Stars lack size. Would probably look to get a young d-man for Teppo.

Ajacied 01-12-2004 10:53 AM

Quote:

So losing them for what could essentially be nothing is better?

I don't think we'll lose Klemm, but we'll definitely let Numminen walk considering we owe the Yotes a 1st if we do re-sign him. However, with the rest of the NHL knowing this, most contenders would likely inquire about his services and start a bidding war somewhere around the deadline. The Wings (with Hatcher out) were always interested in him, I could see them making a push yet again, same goes for your Nucks, the Blues (without Al and Barret), or even the Avs with Skoula's regressing play. Sens maybe? Experience and leadership is a must.. I say we would get a fair bit more then an utterly low 3rd and an average prospect, but that's just me.

Peter Griffin 01-12-2004 11:01 AM

Quote:

I don't think we'll lose Klemm, but we'll definitely let Numminen walk considering we owe the Yotes a 1st if we do re-sign him. However, with the rest of the NHL knowing this, most contenders would likely inquire about his services and start a bidding war somewhere around the deadline. The Wings (with Hatcher out) were always interested in him, I could see them making a push yet again, same goes for your Nucks, the Blues (without Al and Barret), or even the Avs with Skoula's regressing play. Sens maybe? Experience and leadership is a must.. I say we would get a fair bit more then an utterly low 3rd and an average prospect, but that's just me.

The Stars may get better than what I offered, I'm not disputing that. I just don't feel that the Stars would get better value for Klemm at the deadline than what they paid for him. I'm also disputing what you said about Teppo. If the Stars aren't looking to re-sign him, wouldn't it be best to get the best offer there is for him? Would you rather hang onto to Teppo and risk getting nothing for him than trade him for a 3rd round pick and a decent prospect? I don't think many GM's would agree with that logic...

rekrul 01-12-2004 11:02 AM

I doubt the sharks will deal very much however, Todd Harvey can be had easily IF you want to pay $1.3 mil for 4th line grit. Probably the most interstesting will be the Mike Ricci Market, fan fav but also expensive and declining. UFA after this season perfect rental for a team that wants added playoff tested grit.

I doubt any Def can or will be moved.