HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Buying Sticks Online (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=432463)

Nosebleed Section 10-19-2007 09:01 PM

Buying Sticks Online

Does anyone buy alot of there sticks online if you do are they really that much cheaper even after shipping or do you ever have problems with just getting a crap stick that you thought was gonna be way different (mostly for pro-stock sticks).

hockeyjoe_16 10-20-2007 08:46 AM

I've getten a few from e-puck without any problems, but I buy the marked down last season models.

sc37 10-20-2007 10:56 AM

Honestly the only time I think it is worth it is when you are getting a ridiculously good deal. Cause like you say after shipping, it's about the same. Some places offer low cost shipping or free shipping sometimes but why wait to save like $8 when I can go down the street to the LHS. Plus, I've have gotten screwed a few times by taking ppls advice and buy a stick. Wound up being something I didnt like that much...but they were cheap enough for me to be ok with it. So I pretty much will buy online if it's a good deal(like actually saving $15 or more as compared to my LHS) and it is exactly what I want.

Devil Dancer 10-22-2007 06:45 PM

I buy sticks online all the time, but that's because the hockey goods market here in DC sucks.

hockeyjoe_16 10-22-2007 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devil Dancer (Post 10882636)
I buy sticks online all the time, but that's because the hockey goods market here in DC sucks.

I feel the pain on that one. With Caravan and HockeyStop gone, and Skater's Paradise downsized and moved to the Waldorf rink (close for me but much less stuff), the pickings has gotten slim. I'll pick of the things I have to try on in Laurel, but the rest I mailorder now.

XweekendwarriorX 10-22-2007 08:30 PM

I like to mt LHS and look at there products and see what's new and get info from people there and also on here. like sc37 the savings has to kinda be worth it online. anything that is gonna save me $20 or more ill buy it offline sometimes on hockeymonkey you can find packs of 2 or 3 and if you can get some friends in on it you can really save money.

Hugh Madbrough 10-23-2007 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devil Dancer (Post 10882636)

I'll third this one. I was in Pittsburgh last weekend and I bought a stick because the LHS actually had something other than Easton, Forsberg, 100 flex. Before that stick my last 10 sticks were bought online.

greekdrummer 10-24-2007 06:58 PM

some sticks are $40-$70 cheaper online than the proshops hear

habs1988 10-26-2007 01:10 PM

I've bought a Reebok 7K on Ebay for 100$ plus 20$ of shipping! In store, it cost 300$ so...great deal!

It was a new stick, no used at all! Still working haha...