HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Free Agent Frenzy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposals: Olli Jokinen (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=43311)

Rattrick 01-12-2004 04:39 PM

Proposals: Olli Jokinen

Hello everyone. I am just doing this for my purposes but I wanted to see what reasonable (Keyword being REASONABLE) offers you could offer for Olli Jokinen. Others who could possible be included as part of a package would be:

Hagman
Huselius
Biron -- I wish, but Duds wouldn't trade him
Samuelsson
Lilja
Cullen

Be reasonable here and don't start the Luongo trades ;)

Florida's needs are a faceoff winning center, a crease clearing checking dman and another forward with grit. All players must be reasonably priced and hopefully young.

zoidberg 01-12-2004 04:52 PM

Blair Betts, Denis Gauthier, and Chris Clark.
Faceoffs, crease clearing, and grit.

:D

PanthersRule96 01-12-2004 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luongofan
Hello everyone. I am just doing this for my purposes but I wanted to see what reasonable (Keyword being REASONABLE) offers you could offer for Olli Jokinen. Others who could possible be included as part of a package would be:

Hagman
Huselius
Samuelsson
Lilja
Cullen

Florida's needs are a faceoff winning center, a crease clearing checking dman and another forward with grit. All players must be reasonably priced and hopefully young.

IMO Huselius won't be dealt at least untill the draft. Jokinen will eb dealt b4 the TD. Taticek is an expendable asset.

PanthersRule96 01-12-2004 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoidberg
Blair Betts, Denis Gauthier, and Chris Clark.
Faceoffs, crease clearing, and grit.

:D

From CAL I'd want something with Saprykin in it.

Jokinen

for

Saprykin and Gauthier

Chayos 01-12-2004 08:08 PM

Quote:

Hagman
Huselius
Samuelsson
Lilja
Cullen

How about Brewer and Laraque for Jokinen and Mezei or Add in chimera and change MEzei to van Ryn

V for Voodoo 01-12-2004 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanthersRule
Jokinen

for

Saprykin and Gauthier

Wow, and you're the same one who wanted at least Havlat for Jokinen?

Ice Cream Man 01-12-2004 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanthersRule
From CAL I'd want something with Saprykin in it.

Jokinen

for

Saprykin and Gauthier

Still wouldn't do it. Calgary gives up too much, IMO.

Take out Saprykin and throw in a 3rd from Calgary's side and a 5th from Florida's side.

Jeffrey 01-12-2004 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man

Take out Saprykin and throw in a 3rd from Calgary's side and a 5th from Florida's side.

:eek:

PantherBlood6* 01-12-2004 10:26 PM

Quote:

You do know Jokinen scored 36 goals last year......don't you?

Hes only on pace for about 25 this year, but a 24 yr old power forward is bound to get a lot more return than just Denis Gauthier.

andora 01-12-2004 10:31 PM

he's not a power forward... and last year was a fluke until he proves otherwise

PantherBlood6* 01-12-2004 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andora

He does everything a power forward is expected to do...drives to the net, hits, and occasionally fights. If you consider a Jeff O'Neill type a power forward then you must consider Jokinen one too

And while last year's 36 goal performance may be a fluke, he's proving he's at LEAST A 25 goal man...he still has a lot of room to improve. Don't understand some double standards on this board...Eric Brewer's price is a kings ransom yet the guy picked in front of him who is coming off a 36 goal season as a 23 year old is almost worthless? Please...

Crossbar 01-12-2004 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKF37
He does everything a power forward is expected to do...drives to the net, hits, and occasionally fights. If you consider a Jeff O'Neill type a power forward then you must consider Jokinen one too

And while last year's 36 goal performance may be a fluke, he's proving he's at LEAST A 25 goal man...he still has a lot of room to improve. Don't understand some double standards on this board...Eric Brewer's price is a kings ransom yet the guy picked in front of him who is coming off a 36 goal season as a 23 year old is almost worthless? Please...

Yeah I agree, Olli definitely plays a nice blend of a powercenter and finesse type game and he has a lot of nastiness too which is quite uncommon among Euros, he really toughened up ever since he became Iron Mike's project and even more so since doning the 'C' on his sweater.

Crossbar 01-12-2004 11:17 PM

BTW word is Horton's season may be done, my opinion of shipping out Jokinen for a young defenseman of Brewer's ilk is changing ever so steadily because Olli is the closest to being a powerforward on our team and if we ship him off who are we going to have to drive to the net?? On NHL2Night Bucci, Melrose, and E.J. said it doesn't look like there are many...if any, willing to take Jason Arnott (due to his salary) off the Stars roster, if Horton is indeed out for the season I'd definitely put Florida on the list of teams interested to replace Horton's void.

Ol' Dirty Chinaman* 01-13-2004 12:17 AM

Quote:

Lindgren (C), Malik (D), Cooke (LW), F. Federov (LW), Reid (C) ? :rolly:

Vlad The Impaler 01-13-2004 12:43 AM

Quote:

All players must be reasonably priced and hopefully young.

I am absolutely puzzled as to why all Panthers proposals are done with the idea of bringing MORE youth to a team that's already TOO young.

Dudley's losing ways must be highly contagious.

Pretty soon, this team won't be sponsored by tried-and-true beer and car companies but likely by Pampers or Huggies.

Better trade Luongo fast. 24 years old already. He's getting up there quick.

Mothra 01-13-2004 02:56 AM

Quote:

How has he proven himself to be "at LEAST A 25 goal man"? He has had ONE good year....right now he has 12 goals. What you are doing is assuming he will put in another 12 or so. Your assumption of this does not make him a "proven" player

Until he has more than one good year he is unproven.......and given his draft postition a disappointment

CoolburnIsGone 01-13-2004 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossbar
BTW word is Horton's season may be done, my opinion of shipping out Jokinen for a young defenseman of Brewer's ilk is changing ever so steadily because Olli is the closest to being a powerforward on our team and if we ship him off who are we going to have to drive to the net?? On NHL2Night Bucci, Melrose, and E.J. said it doesn't look like there are many...if any, willing to take Jason Arnott (due to his salary) off the Stars roster, if Horton is indeed out for the season I'd definitely put Florida on the list of teams interested to replace Horton's void.

I'd have to agree on this completely. Jokinen won't be going anywhere now especially with Horton out at least a long while with a torn rotator cuff and possibly out the season. Given that Olli is the captain, it wouldn't be smart to trade him either for continuity in the dressing room. I would definitely take a chance on Arnott at this point even with his current salary but wouldn't mind Dallas picking up a small part of his salary ($500k isn't too much). Now the question is what would they want in return. I'd definitely offer up Huselius in that deal but that probably wouldn't be what Dallas wants or needs so I have no idea what to offer up.

Rattrick 01-13-2004 04:46 AM

IMO Jokinen > Saprykin so a trade straight up would require a little more from the Flames side.

Vlad, when I say young, I just don't want a 35+ player that is going to make his retirement of the Panthers. We have seen that too many times down here and are tired of it.

At least there has been improvement under Dudley, unlike anyone else who has coached/run this team. I am confident that he is building a winner for the future.

Oilers Ent 01-13-2004 05:09 AM

My proposal...

Jason Smith + George Laraque + 2004 1st Round Pick

for

Kristian Huselius + Olli Jokinen

Clash* 01-13-2004 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
Dudley's losing ways must be highly contagious.

Hey Vlad, I'd hate to burst your bubble, but Dudley's got a .500 record since takin over from Keenan. Hell of a lot of overtime, but at least the Panthers are grabbin points, unlike under Keenan.

Ice Cream Man 01-13-2004 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andora

Totally agree. To me, his value isn't that high, and no one can persuade me otherwise.

Beukeboom Fan 01-13-2004 07:08 AM

Quote:

Totally agree. To me, his value isn't that high, and no one can persuade me otherwise.

Well that's you're perogative.

But I do think that an offer of Sayprakin & Gauthier is definetely light value wise for Jokinen + ?. If Jokinen hasn't proven anything, what has Sayprakin done? And as much as I like Gauthier, and respect what he brings to the table, I think he's a 4/5 type of d-man. Real nice guy to have, but not the cornerstone of a major trade.

andora 01-13-2004 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan
Well that's you're perogative.

But I do think that an offer of Sayprakin & Gauthier is definetely light value wise for Jokinen + ?. If Jokinen hasn't proven anything, what has Sayprakin done? And as much as I like Gauthier, and respect what he brings to the table, I think he's a 4/5 type of d-man. Real nice guy to have, but not the cornerstone of a major trade.

you are right, 100% right with your paragraph. saprykin still has proved nothing more than being a bottom line mucker, while gauthier has limitations that will keep him in the category you list him as. nothing wrong with these limitations and unproven potentials, they are still valuable, just not cornerstones like you said

Ozy_Flame 01-13-2004 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossbar

Sportsnet had him listed as day-to-day........Has his shoulder suddenly deteriorated to the point of no return?

LaVal 01-13-2004 12:22 PM

Quote:

he does not intimidate which is 90% of what powerforwards must do. Jeff O'Neill is not even close to a powerforward.

Jokinen is a gritty scoring center with good size. i would also think he has more trade value than people here seem to be giving him credit for.