HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What about Lucky Luck ? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=43400)

CoupeStanley 01-13-2004 04:08 AM

What about Lucky Luke ?

Now that Palffy and Allison are out of the season...

They will probably let go lucky luke for not muh.
Robitaille is a pure sniper and would be very happy to wear the CH for a playoff run..

It also give us more leadership as he is a great team guy and so much needed scoring beside Koivu on the LW.

Robitaille-Koivu-Zednik
Dagenais/Ribeiro-Ryder
Bulis-Begin-Sundstrom
Ward-Juneau-Langdon/Kilger

Souray-Quintal
Briseboit-Komisarek
Markov-Rivet

THEO!

I think with a lineup like this and with Theo in net we could scare a lot of people

Traitor8 01-13-2004 04:09 AM

it's Lucky Luke and no.......

Darz 01-13-2004 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komisarek8
it's Lucky Luke and no.......

actually it's Lucky Luc.

loudi94 01-13-2004 05:24 AM

Luc is right where he wants to be. He's most likely not interested in moving to other teams for playoff runs. Unless he figures it's his last year, he's not going to want to move. I guess it's not his choice though.

Joe Cole 01-13-2004 06:11 AM

Do we need to repatriate every near retired Quebec born player? That philosophy is proven to be flawed on countless occassions. Why not look for the best player available instead of the most available Quebec born player?

I could think of many guys I would prefer (and are possibly tradeable) then Luc.

If we were talking Robitaille of the mid 90's, fine. Now, he is not a solution, just another problem waiting to happen. Do you think that he would like to finish his career with a season of talk shows saying that he is over the hill and critizing him for not taking his man in the defensive end?

Methinks, no.

Istvan 01-13-2004 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Cole
Do we need to repatriate every near retired Quebec born player? That philosophy is proven to be flawed on countless occassions. Why not look for the best player available instead of the most available Quebec born player?

I could think of many guys I would prefer (and are possibly tradeable) then Luc.

If we were talking Robitaille of the mid 90's, fine. Now, he is not a solution, just another problem waiting to happen. Do you think that he would like to finish his career with a season of talk shows saying that he is over the hill and critizing him for not taking his man in the defensive end?

Methinks, no.

:lol: :handclap:

Habber 01-13-2004 06:44 AM

When I think of a good guy to get for a playoff run, Luc Robitaille does not come to mind.

He's soft, he can't skate and he's way past his prime. He's not a guy who raises his game for the playoffs either. Actually he's the opposite. He can score in the reg season but then due to his soft style he's ineffective in the playoffs.

Coupled on top of all this is that I don't think he would want to play in the Eastern Conference, the West is way more his style.

sonnytheman 01-13-2004 06:51 AM

I'd rather Laperriere or Norstrom

All-Star 01-13-2004 07:01 AM

I'd get Claude Lemieux out of retirement for a playoff run long before I'd go after Robitaille.

VAN-HAB 01-13-2004 07:43 AM

not another Audette please, bring in Balej instead

Habs4ever 01-13-2004 08:12 AM

If I remember correctly you Lucky LUc was brutal

last year in Detroit so why bring him over here, he's yet another chow BG should stay away from, even if Kings give him away for free, not worth getting him, Julien has team playing Defensive minded game why change it whats not broken.

Guy Caballero 01-13-2004 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonnytheman
I'd rather Laperriere or Norstrom

Here, here. I'd like both of these guys. However, it's arguable Begin is now more effective than Laperriere. I know it's kind of early to be saying that, but unless Begin's start this year was a complete abberation, he's ahead, and there would be nowhere for Laperriere to play.