HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Who are your top 3 to be traded away? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=43408)

donelikedinner 01-13-2004 04:08 AM

Who are your top 3 to be traded away?

After watching the Flyers lose last night to the Pens, these are my top 3 Flyers that need to be traded/given away. Since Hack has a no-trade clause, he can't be included.

I offer up the following as trade bait:

1. Gagne
2. Therien
3. Brash/Fedoruk

comments?

swflyers8* 01-13-2004 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donelikedinner
After watching the Flyers lose last night to the Pens, these are my top 3 Flyers that need to be traded/given away. Since Hack has a no-trade clause, he can't be included.

I offer up the following as trade bait:

1. Gagne
2. Therien
3. Brash/Fedoruk

comments?

Gagne
Therien
JR
Amonte
Ragnarrsson
Desjardins
Handzus

Brash isn't on my list because he has been playing better. Brash, Sharp and Somik are the only ones who seem to have any life on their line. I don't know about the rest of you guys but I thought that line did the best out of all them.

FearTheFlyers 01-13-2004 05:04 AM

1. Brashear
2. Hackett
3. Leclair

Not that anyone would want them...

FearTheFlyers 01-13-2004 05:06 AM

We seem to be into January now so the kick Gagne out of town bandwagon has started again.

capn89* 01-13-2004 05:07 AM

Brashear
Desjardins
Esche
Fedoruk
Gagne
Hackett
Handzus
Kapanen
LeClair
Therien
Williams
Primeau

Top 3 Would Be
Gagne
Primeau
Williams

Cuiff 01-13-2004 05:13 AM

My top 3 would be:

Brashear
LeClair
Therien

If I could add more, they would be
Primeau
Desjardins
Amonte
Ragnarrsson
Eric W

Blindside9711 01-13-2004 05:27 AM

Anybody on our team for someone who can light the lamp 50 times a season... Of course, as soon as they play in Philly they'll get Primeau-itis. Symptoms of said disease include cement hands, shooting wide and goofing passes.
What happened to JR last night? He couldn't put the puck in the net... A crossbar, a whiff on a tap-in and a broken stick on a one-timer attempt. It's true we're not scoring (Mike Comrie sliding it wide with the open cage) but we're not getting any breaks either... When it rains it pours I guess.
I say that there's no need to panic. This team is right where it should be... A hot start, play like crap, then get hot again for the stretch, win a round of the playoffs (that's being generous), then get booted. We're right on pace fellas.
Get rid of Gagne, (what happened to this kid?) Therien, Brashear and waive Hack-job. Maybe Gagne, Therien, a promising kid like Ben Stafford and LA's 2nd for Khabby and a 5th or something...?

Rex88 01-13-2004 06:08 AM

It depends on you want the guys with the NTC included.

Regardless of contract:
Hackett
Therien
Brashear
Leclair

Who can be moved without a NTC that may have value:
Brashear
Rags
Handzus
Lapointe

Who to keep:
Gags
Willy
Rex
Primeau
Pitkannen
KJ
Esche (unless another young goalie comes back)

Teezax 01-13-2004 06:13 AM

Leclair
Therien
Hackett

Gagnefan12 01-13-2004 04:01 PM

1.)THERIEN!(The worst player i have ever seen)
2.)RAGNERSON!(slow and terrible)
3.)HACKETT!(sucks)

I want some youth and talent none of these bums are going to help now or in the long run!

RoDu 01-13-2004 04:09 PM

Handzus
Leclair
Hackett (but who wants him)

flyercide 01-13-2004 04:48 PM

Gagne would still be one of the last players I'd trade away. We need youth on this team & Gagne is still one of our building blocks. If you can't see the talent Gagne possesses than you are blind :p. Way to early to give up on him. Give him time to raise his game to the A level again. He was inspired playing with Lemieux few years back & definately possess star potential. Injuries has hampered him the last few seasons. Pitkanen, Gagne, Williams & Comrie are awesome building blocks for our future. I wouldn't move any of them. It's the old guys that need to produce most of all.

Rex88 01-13-2004 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyercide
Gagne would still be one of the last players I'd trade away. We need youth on this team & Gagne is still one of our building blocks. If you can't see the talent Gagne possesses than you are blind :p. Way to early to give up on him. Give him time to raise his game to the A level again. He was inspired playing with Lemieux few years back & definately possess star potential. Injuries has hampered him the last few seasons. Pitkanen, Gagne, Williams & Comrie are awesome building blocks for our future. I wouldn't move any of them. It's the old guys that need to produce most of all.

Totally agree and would add Carter, Richards, and Seidenberg to that list.

dedalus 01-13-2004 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gagnefan12
1.)THERIEN!(The worst player i have ever seen)
2.)RAGNERSON!(slow and terrible)
3.)HACKETT!(sucks)

I want some youth and talent none of these bums are going to help now or in the long run!

Yes but none of those guys is going to get you any youth or talent. (Neither will LeClair although he's not on your list.) Therian got through the waiver draft for pity's sake!

Quote:

It's the old guys that need to produce most of all.
But it's the old guys who ARE producing! Roenick, Recchi, and Amonte are the scoring leaders for the team. It is the young guys who aren't producing. LeClair has more goals than Williams or Gagne while playing in fewer games and getting less ice time than either of those players.

SaveByHexy 01-13-2004 07:47 PM

I would keep Williams, Comrie, Pitkanen, Seidenberg, Somik, Sharp, Vandermeer, Roenick, Amonte, Kapanen, Desjardins, Jonsson, Esche, Fedoruk and possibly Weinrich and Recchi.

Gagne is overrated, and if we can get any youth back for him I'd say do it.

Primeau, LeClair, Ragnarsson, Therien, Brashear...all need to go.

Handzus I'm not sure about, but if he could be part of a trade for a proven goalie, I'd probably say to take it.

FearTheFlyers 01-15-2004 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dedalus
Yes but none of those guys is going to get you any youth or talent. (Neither will LeClair although he's not on your list.) Therian got through the waiver draft for pity's sake!

But it's the old guys who ARE producing! Roenick, Recchi, and Amonte are the scoring leaders for the team. It is the young guys who aren't producing. LeClair has more goals than Williams or Gagne while playing in fewer games and getting less ice time than either of those players.

Last time I checked Gagne was our leading scorer at left wing...Nevermind let's still trade him:shakehead:

Overtime 01-15-2004 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSpeedOnly
Last time I checked Gagne was our leading scorer at left wing...Nevermind let's still trade him:shakehead:

When did you last check and who do you consider to be on LW? Recchi, with 16 goals, has been there for most of the season though he has played on the right the last few games. LeClair is on LW and has 10 goals. Gagne has 8.

CNote 01-15-2004 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capn89
Brashear
Desjardins
Esche
Fedoruk
Gagne
Hackett
Handzus
Kapanen
LeClair
Therien
Williams
Primeau

Top 3 Would Be
Gagne
Primeau
Williams

go back to the Leafs board.

later,
dutch

easton122 01-15-2004 01:09 PM

Why do I see Desjardins on a lot of the lists? I mean seriously we went through this last year this guy is the most valuable player on the team and this team would go down the toilet without him. Also I would not trade Roenick, Amonte, Recchi, Comrie, Williams, Kapanen and Primeau (#2 MVP).

I am not against Gagne and hope he stays here but he may need a scenery change.

I would like us to aqquire another goalie without losing Esche. Handzus can be a big part of a trade and possibly Lapointe after seeing Sharp playing well lately.

capn89* 01-15-2004 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutch
go back to the Leafs board.

later,
dutch

why would I want to hang out with Leafs fans, considering I'm a Flyers fan?

capn89* 01-15-2004 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSpeedOnly

No one on this team can score consistantly... and judging by the fact that Gags is supposed to be highly talented, I'd say he's underachieving.