HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What would it take to get these players to Detroit? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=43458)

DanStewartFC 01-13-2004 07:56 AM

What would it take to get these players to Detroit?

I have listed below a group of Players who I think would bolster the Wings line-up. Give me your honest (from your head not your heart) opinion what player('s)/prospect('s)/pick('s) would have to go the other way in any deal.

from Anaheim:
C Steve Rucchin
C Sergei Fedorov

from Boston:
C Brian Rolston
RW Martin Lapointe

from Carolina:
C Rod Brind'Amour

from Dallas:
C Jason Arnott

from Edmonton:
RW Ryan Smyth

from Montreal:
C Yanic Perreault

from New York Rangers:
C Petr Nedved
C Eric Lindros

I'm just interested, I have not heard any rumors about these players.

FacelessButcher 01-13-2004 07:57 AM

Is a deal with Anaheim even possible it seems the two teams got a pretty serious hate going on between them.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 01-13-2004 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cup4Wings
from New York Rangers:
C Petr Nedved
C Eric Lindros

Nedved for Dandenault and Kopecky?

Adam West 01-13-2004 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway

rolston could be available from boston but not lapointe (who has played a major role in bergeron's development - including giving him a place to live). boston is in need of a top 2 dman and a second line centre. not pieces i see detroit giving up to get him.

Peter Griffin 01-13-2004 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmir
boston is in need of a top 2 dman and a second line centre. not pieces i see detroit giving up to get him.

You won't get either of those for a UFA to be in Brian Rolston.

Ozy_Flame 01-13-2004 12:16 PM

I'd say for Ryan Smyth, you're probably looking at Jiri Fischer and / or Tomas Kopecky.

Vincent Vega 01-13-2004 12:46 PM

Quote:

Deal.....

Boomhower 01-13-2004 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
Is a deal with Anaheim even possible it seems the two teams got a pretty serious hate going on between them.

Nah, I'm sure Bryan Murray still has a cordial relationship with his former boss, Ilitch understood why BM wanted Sergei and in the end it was Fedorov that chose to leave...... If it wasn't the Ducks it would have been somewhere other than Detroit a/w.
Quote:

I would be happy to see Detroit make this deal, Nedved's salary is a little high, but if NYR were to pick up $1M or so, definitely.

All the other players on the list are either too rich for the Red Wings (valuewise) to aquire, or not very interesting.
Brian Rolston may be the exception, but it probably wouldn't make much sense for Boston to deal him at this point.

stanley 01-13-2004 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Griffin

At a payroll in near $80M, upcoming unrestricted free agents seem like just the ticket. I wouldn't view it as a detrement, rather a benefit.

A number of organizations around the league better hope any salary cap or luxury tax is grandfathered into existence.

AkBars 01-13-2004 02:37 PM

Quote:

That will be the type of trade Detroit will make. They'll also offer up Hudler in trades, etc., With the emergence of Kronval, the Wings (who've been playing Dandenault up front) have made him expendable.

McDonald19 01-13-2004 03:32 PM

Quote:

I have listed below a group of Players who I think would bolster the Wings line-up. Give me your honest (from your head not your heart) opinion what player('s)/prospect('s)/pick('s) would have to go the other way in any deal.

from Anaheim:
C Steve Rucchin
C Sergei Fedorov

If Anaheim is willing to trade either of them then it means we are heading for rebuilding process, thus we would like young talents in return.
If you really want Federov back it may cost Zetterberg. If you wont trade Zetterberg then some combination of Hudler, Grigorenko, Kronwall etc.

Rucchin is the captain and has the longest tenure with the Ducks and is on a longterm deal, I dont see him being traded unless you want to overpay.

If you need defensive help for the playoffs Keith Carney is a UFA this summer. If hes traded it will probably be overpayment because he is the defensive leader of the team and Anaheim would like to get him locked into a longterm deal.

Keep in mind they will only be available at the deadline if Anaheim is more than ,lets say, 6 points out of the playoffs. Ducks are currently 8 points out of the 8th spot.

McDonald19 01-13-2004 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessButcher

If by the trade deadline the Ducks are far from being a playoff team then a trade could be possible. If the Ducks are close to being a playoff team then there is no way they would help Detroit out.

Adam West 01-13-2004 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Griffin

im pretty sure thats exactly what i said. rolston could be traded but what detroit would be willing to give up for him wouldnt make it worthwhile for the bruins.

DanStewartFC 01-14-2004 04:04 AM

Here are the Wings players/prospects/picks that I think are expendable in the right situation.

G Stefan Liv
G Jim Howard
D Derek Meech
D/RW Mathieu Dandenault
D Jiri Fischer (Only for an Impact Player return)
LW Mark Mowers
LW Nathan Robinson
RW Darryl Bootland
C Jason Williams
LW Boyd Devereaux
C Jiri Hudler
LW Tomas Fleischmann
C Tomas Kopecky
G Joey MacDonald
1st Rounder 04 (Only in a package for an Impact Player return)
1st rounder 05
3rd rounder 05

This is just a list of what I would be willing to part with, not what Detroit might be willing to part with. Offer away!

Ajacied 01-14-2004 04:09 AM

Stars can't afford to deal Jason, he is everything that the Stars aren't (well, aside from consistency). He's a certain player that you do not deal within the conference, much less to one of your biggest rivals.

sveiglar 01-14-2004 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame
I'd say for Ryan Smyth, you're probably looking at Jiri Fischer and / or Tomas Kopecky.

Or? I'm sure as a Flames fan you'd love to see Smyth go for Kopecky.

Mats NAslund 01-14-2004 07:19 AM

Quote:

from Anaheim:
C Steve Rucchin
C Sergei Fedorov

from Boston:
C Brian Rolston
RW Martin Lapointe

from Carolina:
C Rod Brind'Amour

from Dallas:
C Jason Arnott

from Edmonton:
RW Ryan Smyth

from Montreal:
C Yanic Perreault

from New York Rangers:
C Petr Nedved
C Eric Lindros

As a hab fan I'd like to see Kronwall in the system...something like Perrault and a swap of first rounders for Kronwall and Montreal adds a second in next years draft.

TO DETROIT
Perrault Montreals 1st /04 and 2nd /05

TO MONTREAL

Kronwall and Detroits 1st in 04

Ozy_Flame 01-14-2004 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sveiglar
Or? I'm sure as a Flames fan you'd love to see Smyth go for Kopecky.

Well, that's just the meat of the package, not the full of it. I guess I phrased it wrong. I actually don't hate the Oilers; I find them exciting to watch. Now the Senators, don't get me started on those snot-nosed bums. :teach: