HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   mutiny? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=43570)

panayiotis 01-13-2004 05:49 PM

mutiny?

Is a players revolt on again. How long before Hitch gets it?

Overtime 01-13-2004 06:02 PM

No, I really don't think so. I don't see sabotage in the way they are playing. There were some really dumb penalties tonight but I think it was out of frustration more than anything else.

RoDu 01-13-2004 06:03 PM

Snider said he'd be here for the duration of his 4yr contract, but this is Philly, who knows, presonaly i would like to see things open up a bit more, enough trap

Rex88 01-13-2004 06:09 PM

The players will turn over before the coach.
Now the GM may be different.

MojoJojo 01-14-2004 03:46 AM

If things go really bad, lets say we miss the playoffs, my bet is Hitch gets fired before Clarke or any of the team veterans. Promise or no promise.

blah 01-14-2004 03:52 AM

This slump isn't Clarke's fault. It's on Hitch and the players.

Steve L* 01-14-2004 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blah
This slump isn't Clarke's fault. It's on Hitch and the players.

Its partly Clarkes fault as he got Hackett who is one of the main reasons for this slump.

donelikedinner 01-14-2004 04:19 AM

we should sell clarke and hackett to an illegal organ dealer and take the money to get a true #1 goalie.

Cuiff 01-14-2004 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve L
Its partly Clarkes fault as he got Hackett who is one of the main reasons for this slump.

This is everyone fault....Hitch, Players & Clarke (He is the one keeps trading for overrated, past their prime players)

swflyers8* 01-14-2004 04:29 AM

I don't see a mutiny. I see guys working their tails off (minus Hackjob) out there on the ice. I saw them dominating two thirds of the game against Buffalo and again the refs let the game go. I'm not really faulting any of the Flyers except Hackett, Ragnarrsson and Therien. The rest of them played with a lot of fire even Gagne. I really did think he hurt himself going down during the fight at the end of the game. They showed that they aren't giving up. It is showing that Hack is a hack and he can't keep them in games let alone actually stop the puck. I say put him on waivers, send him to the Phantoms, and either get Malek on contract or bring Nittymaki up. Esche can't have this garbage as his backup. :mad:

Hackett is no longer a Flyer in my book. If he is in net, we are already playing with a man down. They are shorthanded before the puck even drops.

Ragnarrson seems like his legs are too small and he can't skate fast enough to keep up with anyone. He needs to go.

Therien is the biggest wuss we have on this team and then he gets called for a spear. It was obvious but Satan was fine as Dorny said, he was out on the next shift playing.

Rex88 01-14-2004 04:58 AM

I do not feel the mutiny - such as it was against Barber.
I also do not think a complete dismantle is needed.
Lets call it "refocus". Many smart hockey fans on this board have essentially said the same thing = start from the net and work out.
Getting a goalie may be a two step process also that may take time.
With that said, lets start with the D. Therien and Weinrich are just too slow - if they cannot be traded they need to be a scratch and Seids (or even Vandy) needs to get some ice time. I would like to deal an asset at forward (unless Clarke uses that to get a goalie) for a good D man also - perhaps Handzus as C is our deepest position.
The goalie process is two steps because likely who can be had in trade will not be a long term solution ie Khabi age 32 yesterday. Biron, Legace and the younger guys who may be available are not proven any more than Esche and before getting one from that group, Esche should be given a prolonged shot - now.
Then the draft - hope some of the late picks in recent years and what should be higher picks in the future pan out.
The forwards - if you are not playing hard, don't play. Amonte and Handzus seem to take alot of shifts off and Brashear is just awful. Sharp, Feds or Kane, and Lapointe can have those roster spots in my opinion.
Just thoughts - sorry so long.

Steve L* 01-14-2004 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
This is everyone fault....Hitch, Players & Clarke (He is the one keeps trading for overrated, past their prime players)

I know, thats why I said it was partly Clarkes fault.

Overtime 01-14-2004 06:18 AM

The only player who seem mutinous is Roenick with his comments about Hitchcock. He always softens what he says with additional comments like "but we deserve it". He still gets his digs in. Its how he stays out of trouble.

Its pretty funny how it is coming out now that Hitchcock didn't beat up on Gagne and Williams for not scoring. He encouraged them and told them to do other things well and the goals will come. You have to wonder then why Roenick said what he did. Revenge? Hatred for Hitchcock? Trying to stir up trouble? I don't buy the big brother looking out for the kids act. I'm sure I'll take some flak for that and some will be swearing up and down that Roenick has a good heart. Whatever. ;)

DanKordicsFist 01-14-2004 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overtime
The only player who seem mutinous is Roenick with his comments about Hitchcock. He always softens what he says with additional comments like "but we deserve it". He still gets his digs in. Its how he stays out of trouble.

Its pretty funny how it is coming out now that Hitchcock didn't beat up on Gagne and Williams for not scoring. He encouraged them and told them to do other things well and the goals will come. You have to wonder then why Roenick said what he did. Revenge? Hatred for Hitchcock? Trying to stir up trouble? I don't buy the big brother looking out for the kids act. I'm sure I'll take some flak for that and some will be swearing up and down that Roenick has a good heart. Whatever. ;)

I think he feels he is suffocating offensively and throws the young guys in the mix to deflect his own personal frustration. If he cared about them the way he would have us believe he would do more on the ice to help them. He should try being a leader instead of a soloist.

stanley 01-15-2004 04:08 AM

I never got the impression Roenick's comments toward Hitchcock were harsh, rather more observational than anything. I never got the impression he was criticizing Hitchcock or using him as an excuse in the least. In fact, I thought he was pretty clear by claiming that the team's play of late warranted Hitchcock's attitude. I think Hitchcock would be the first one to praise JR for his personality profiling skills. In addition, he was hardest on himself and the players.

dedalus 01-15-2004 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanKordicsFist
I think he feels he is suffocating offensively

That would certainly fit with his history. When he played for Phoenix he'd barb Hitch's Dallas players for being stuck in his, Hitch's, system. At the same time he likes to talk, so you can't judge the possibility of a mutiny based on his complaints.

panayiotis 01-15-2004 06:12 PM

JR's mouth

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley
I never got the impression Roenick's comments toward Hitchcock were harsh, rather more observational than anything. I never got the impression he was criticizing Hitchcock or using him as an excuse in the least. In fact, I thought he was pretty clear by claiming that the team's play of late warranted Hitchcock's attitude. I think Hitchcock would be the first one to praise JR for his personality profiling skills. In addition, he was hardest on himself and the players.

Hey Stanley! Pierre McGuire on the team in Montreal.Mentioned that some players on the club wished JR would shut up and play. He is close to Reechi, Weinrich,Hackett among others on the team. Reechi and himself speak almost daily.

Verbal Kint* 01-15-2004 06:16 PM

I am a Toronto fan, but I never liked Clarke. He always seems to try and band-aid his goal-tending, when the goalie is what's needed for the Flyers to become the complete package. And don't worry too much, the slump will end eventually.....

Just not against the Leafs this weekend.

DanKordicsFist 01-16-2004 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maple_Leafs_Forever
I am a Toronto fan, but I never liked Clarke. He always seems to try and band-aid his goal-tending, when the goalie is what's needed for the Flyers to become the complete package. And don't worry too much, the slump will end eventually.....
Just not against the Leafs this weekend.

you hope ;)